Sticky and Sweet YouTube thread

Guest nothingfails0603

I also don't like the guitar parts but c'mon... she's a 50yo lady... not an athlete 25 yo... so what is your suggestion she would do then? Because you can't honestly say she would dance for every song? She's not a robot you now..

she's also trying to get as much live vocals in as humanly possible.

but then if she danced every number, people would want one where she stood there.

I'd rather have her sing out of tune than have her butcher every single song in her catalogue with these heavy metal renditions. Get real fags. This rock stuff doesn't work.

Be my guest, Pud - laugh your ass off.

Guest Pud Whacker
I am just really hating all the guitar she's sporting. No Madge, you are NOT a rock chick. Also the videos seem so... cheap. Just take a look at Into The Groove. It's Cartoon Network.

mats, youre either a dingle or a twat or both.

firstly...she started off learning music with a guitar and has been playing it on tour for the fourth time now. this is her 8th tour. so for half of her concert life, she has been playing the guitar. you obviously have a problem with it. so go to a rhianna concert. its obvious for the last 4 tours you dont like madonna. thats a long time to not like someone and still be around, wouldnt you say?

secondly, please do your homework on madonna. i dont know who the hell you think she is? those 'cartoons' you speak of are keith haring designs. her very good friend since her early days in new york BEFORE she ever embarked on ANY tour. in fact, youj can find her singing dress you up on youtube at his birthday party months before the like a virgin album was released.

that section of the tour is called old school. so, if she would like to pay homage to HER friend that died of AIDS, its her tour and she has EVERY RIGHT TO.

here mats, you can SEE his designs at her virgin after party that used to decorate the walls of the infamous new york palladium:

vtpart07.jpg

the virgin tour outfits designed by marlene stewart were based on keith harings work:

5ccc6477.jpg

Keith-Haring-characters.jpg

2-keith-haring.jpg

I also don't like the guitar parts but c'mon... she's a 50yo lady... not an athlete 25 yo... so what is your suggestion she would do then? Because you can't honestly say she would dance for every song? She's not a robot you now..

I never said she had to dance all the time.

Pud, I do not need to do my homework on Madonna, cause I don't feel the need to know every detail. I have never heard of this Keith but thanks for informing me.

And I don't mind all the bits with guitar but stuff like Ray Of Light, which is really getting old, and Hung Up I don't like in the slightest.

Guest Pud Whacker
Pud, I do not need to do my homework on Madonna, cause I don't feel the need to know every detail. I have never heard of this Keith but thanks for informing me.

And I don't mind all the bits with guitar but stuff like Ray Of Light, which is really getting old, and Hung Up I don't like in the slightest.

if youre comparing one of the most celebrated american artists of the 20th century to cartoon network, i would say, YES - DO YOUR HOMEWORK. or you look like a stupid fool. the choice is yours.

you want madonna to be something shes not to fit your world. youre going into her world. dont ask her to change it. change your world.

she knows that to sing 20+ plus songs at 50yo she has to take a breath and she does it now playing a guitar so people wont notice that too much

i totally hate the guitar playing but thats the filler she found more apropriate

sad about ROL CT ripoff

Guest Pud Whacker
I never said she had to dance all the time.

should she pick her nose while shes singing you must love me or just sit down - would that make mats happy?

if youre comparing one of the most celebrated american artists of the 20th century to cartoon network, i would say, YES - DO YOUR HOMEWORK. or you look like a stupid fool. the choice is yours.

you want madonna to be something shes not to fit your world. youre going into her world. dont ask her to change it. change your world.

Sorry for not knowing everything about anything American.

And of course we can't have a stupid fool like me interacting with all the Einsteins that make up this forum. I'll retreat to my tower :electropop:

this is the mindset we are dealing with. :thumbsdown:

these sort of conversations never happen in the real world, because you'd see something was very off and walk away. on-line you consider discussing if Keith Haring's art is cartoons.

Guest Pud Whacker
these sort of conversations never happen in the real world, because you'd see something was very off and walk away. on-line you consider discussing if Keith Haring's art is cartoons.

thats very true. i sometimes wonder if some of her fans realize where she is coming from?

3029b9e0.png singing virgin at his bday party in 84.

fa5f90f8.jpg polaroid by maripol before his death.

f92c822b.jpg shorts he painted for her and sandra bernhard for dont bungle the jungle.

c923b105.jpg the infamous diablo skirt by vivienne westwood and keith haring worn in her borderline video.

Guest Pud Whacker
Sorry for not knowing everything about anything American.

And of course we can't have a stupid fool like me interacting with all the Einsteins that make up this forum. I'll retreat to my tower :electropop:

keith haring was an international art star. he wasnt JUST an underground american artist. his art is sold all over the world.

a collage that hung in her oriole home in los angeles

b07f37ba.jpg

one of the prints he and ANDY WARHOL worked on for her wedding present to her and sean penn:

18e0ba0e.jpg

her wearing a jacket (worn on the top of the pops and solid gold for like a virgin) he designed for her:

f152ee23.jpg

Guest boytoyville

All I have to say is that You Must Love Me is going to make me a sobbing hysterical homo mess & the show because watching right now even made me tear up....& like a prayer, it just might challenge BA Tour for best rendition. Holy shit, I just can't wait. I am SO EXCITED!

Guest presley

i love madonna singing guitar

she an awesome musician not only performer

shows her versatility any many faces of this amazing entertainer, the best ever

and that mats guy should just ADD OFF

asshole

go listen to mooriah cowey stinky lamb

Well thanks for all the pictures and captions, Pud. I appreciate the insight. I'm relatively young, an average fan and it's not like Keith is talk of the town here in Denmark these days.

Holiday from WTG Tour and Gambler from VT are both examples of how rock versions can work for her.

I'd prefer it if she just walked around the stage instead of stand there with a guitar but let's face it, I imagine it is very enjoyable for her to play it from an artists perspective which must be respected.

Glad to see Vogue had some life in it after the disappointed RIT version. Can't wait for that demo to leak so I can practice my moves ;)

Well thanks for all the pictures and captions, Pud. I appreciate the insight. I'm relatively young, an average fan and it's not like Keith is talk of the town here in Denmark these days.

Pud is old :old::chuckle:

Holiday from WTG Tour and Gambler from VT are both examples of how rock versions can work for her.

exactly

she just doesnt need to stand there pretending to play it

she can rock and let the others play for her.. its much much muuuuch better

that homage to keith haring is everything. shes so wonderful. :thumbsup:

you know whats funny, ive recently read Keith's "Journals" and he only mentions Madonna one time, and it's only about her being at an event. there are quite a few people throughout it (Grace Jones, Andy Warhol.... etc) who he talks about over and over, very personally and in great detail. I honestly dont think Madonna & Keith were extremely close friends. i think it was more of an acquaintance/party scene/professional type situation.

just an observation i made, not directed at you personally. your comment just reminded me.

I've always understood Pud Whacker was in his 50's. And I sort of imagined him to have a pot belly and a beard. It wasn't really due to his posts, but I think someone had said it in jest and I believed it. I was surprised when I saw his picture, and he was so trim and obviously not 50 or with a beard.

Guest Pud Whacker

well, cool. glad i could be of service and sorry if i was harsh. just a side note for you in denmark or anyone who cares - madonna is not some janet jackson born into stardom. this is a woman who went to new york at a very young age on her own to become a dancer and went on to become the BIGGEST STAR THAT HAS EVER LIVED. she is a creative being. people want to stick her in a pop star box and thats cool but expect the unexpected. underneath that pop star exterior is truly an artist, whether people want to accept it or not.

she travelled in circles we can only dream of. warhol, basquiat, haring, maripol. i know you said you didnt want to do your homework on madonna but new worlds will open for you if you chose to.

people want her to just get up and dance a little twirl and sing a few ditties. thats not madonna. she comes from an entirely different world. thats part of her charm and omnipresent world wide interest.