NBC undecided about M crucifixion. LTT cut out?

Camacho

Guest Beautiful Stranger
I said that before I knew she felt that way! Madonna is such a hypocrite.

I don't care what it looked like her reasoning was. Pulling the video for your upcoming albums' lead off single in the world's largest music market is pretty ballsy in itself and would match / did match any detrimental effect a backlash would of had, and it's pretty obvious that after 20 years in the business she knew that.

I don't care what it looked like her reasoning was. Pulling the video for your upcoming albums' lead off single in the world's largest music market is pretty ballsy in itself and would match / did match any detrimental effect a backlash would of had, and it's pretty obvious that after 20 years in the business she knew that.

Absolutely!

Guest Beautiful Stranger
But wait, where exactly are you going with that? You don't sound like you're defending her.

I'm saying that it's *possible* she actually pulled that video in the US out of respect for US soldiers and so people would not misinterpret what she was saying. I never really believed that she pulled it to avoid a backlash, not after everything she had done in the past.

*Prepares acceptance speech for Biggest Madonna Apologist Award* :rolleyes:

But wait, where exactly are you going with that? You don't sound like you're defending her.

:confused: What does defending her have to do with it?

He's simply saying that pulling the video made her look just as bad if not worse than she would have if she had released it. She obviously felt strongly about her decision for whatever reason, so to say she was pussying out or being a hypocrite would just be another case of Vanity_Bonet looking for deeper meaning when there probably isn't one.

Besides, that video was probably better left unseen anyway. :p Mess.

The war climate was VERY different from how she pushed boundaries with sexuality, gebnder roles, religion, etc. Totally different animals- though it was one of the factors that caused the album project to sink, it was the right decision to pull the AL video.

Like the people who protested will actually watch the damn thing even with the cut. :lmao:

I'm not. The DVD will be out a couple weeks later anyway.

LTT was a perennial highlight of the concert. The fact that they're cutting it because of such a pussy reason is disastrous.

I hope the ratings tank.

Guest boytoyville
I'm not. The DVD will be out a couple weeks later anyway.

LTT was a perennial highlight of the concert. The fact that they're cutting it because of such a pussy reason is disastrous.

I hope the ratings tank.

What, they made the final decision? It indeed will be cut? When was that announced? I thought it was just speculation at this point.

Guest hyperballad_brad
I lost respect for her then too but some people aren't getting that.

But I thought Madonna's main reasons for pulling the original AL video was out of respect for the fact we were actually going to war again in the Gulf... of course, a factor of that would be backlash against her from politically driven press but because she is pro-peace and with the climate at the time, thought it best not to release the video!

I love how nobody considers Madonna could have pulled the original AL video out of genuine respect for the troops. I mean that was real people fighting and dying down there, she probably felt it was inappropriate to release a pop video that was glamorizing and making fun of that.

i really don't see how she was glamorizing or making fun of that at all in the video....quite the opposite actually

Guest Beautiful Stranger
I love how nobody considers Madonna could have pulled the original AL video out of genuine respect for the troops. I mean that was real people fighting and dying down there, she probably felt it was inappropriate to release a pop video that was glamorizing and making fun of that.

Plus, like I said, she had to know that pulling the video for her upcoming albums' lead off single was going to hurt the albums potential sales.

Guest ursaminorjim

Personally, I think she pulled the "American life" video because she knew in her heart of hearts that the album was a dud. She needed to scapegoat the whole project. ;)

MADONNA will make the B E S T dicision for axing the LTT seqment.

She NEEDS to have the concert shown on KNBC....Not only it will make new fans for her regarding the "Confessions CD" - B U T- MOST importantly her back catalog will have NEW FANS go to pruchase.

ITS A WIN WIN WIN TO SHOWCASE HER CONCERT TALENT ON TV. IT WILL HELP HER IN THE LONGTERM.

[/b]

Madonna is an international ICON. But, if she would quibble with NBC about such a trivial segment-then she is NOT the kind of business woman whos admired by the millions

So, she shoved that seen, and used her visionary ability to realize the commotion and the drama of LTT has already served its purpose!

ADVERSE PUBLICITY! HER DOMINION !!!!

Now, let the show begin for all the interested public. THE RATINGS WILL BE H U G E!!!!!!!!!! GUARANTEED!

Guest Joey's Hung Up On Madonna

candylipsgurl is right.

honestly, if madonna was smart, she would have pulled the american life single in general and released something else off that album.

Guest DressMeUp

If this is cut out it is just testament to what a dire state of the US is in...

Censoring pop shows, legalizing torture, looting the nation..what next ? Free Speach Zones ?

OH, they already exist :|

Guest jamesshot
If this is cut out it is just testament to what a dire state of the US is in...

Censoring pop shows, legalizing torture, looting the nation..what next ? Free Speach Zones ?

OH, they already exist :|

Exactlty, the Christian Right dominates the country and get in a tizzy if anyone even says "Happy Holidays" instead of "Merry Christmas".

I do want this to be televised. She needs the world to see her in her glory, kicking arse still regardless of what is does for sales.

I prefer for her to cut the LTT number than having to cancel the whole thing!

Remember that you will be able to watch the whole show when you buy the DVD

Anyhow this performance was not a *highlight* for me, yes her voice was stunning but the imagery was done on PURPOSE to be controversial... and YAY it was, since it gave M tons of publicity, but if NBC doesn't want to deal with all the ppl that have a right to be offended then they should not show this on national TV

If it were a paying channel like HBO , it should air completely but not on a national free channel.

Guest Topaz Scorpio
Anyhow this performance was not a *highlight* for me, yes her voice was stunning but the imagery was done on PURPOSE to be controversial... and YAY it was, since it gave M tons of publicity,

I disagree. Madonna was also trying to get a message across regarding orphans in Africa, and she has followed up on that by trying to become involved in relief efforts there. By getting up on the cross she draws attention to herself but at the same time gets the opportunity to get out her message regarding Africa. I mean honestly, if not for the cross, would anyone have given a second thought to her talking about orphans? It would've been completely lost in the whole spectacle of the show.

I disagree. Madonna was also trying to get a message across regarding orphans in Africa, and she has followed up on that by trying to become involved in relief efforts there. By getting up on the cross she draws attention to herself but at the same time gets the opportunity to get out her message regarding Africa. I mean honestly, if not for the cross, would anyone have given a second thought to her talking about orphans? It would've been completely lost in the whole spectacle of the show.

I know but sadly not everyone noticed Africa awareness, critics were distracted by her cruxifiction, so she drew more attention to her than the cause she was trying to promote! I still think that she mostly did it for controversy!

Guest Topaz Scorpio
I know but sadly not everyone noticed Africa awareness, critics were distracted by her cruxifiction, so she drew more attention to her than the cause she was trying to promote! I still think that she mostly did it for controversy!

Yes, that's a given that Madonna would get most of the attention, and she knew that too. (She's no fool) But the fact that many of these news articles have discussed the African orphans at all as part of the whole controversy shows that it made at least a little impact. Coupling that with these other Madonna-supports- Africa newsbits has made it stand out more. And no, just mentioning Madonna on the cross is not going to instantly bring to mind African orphans to the general public, but when there is discussion and debate raging through the media over her intentions with the cross, the orphans do get mentioned, and those who were unaware prior could gain a new perspective on Madonna's motives and way of thinking.

Guest Topaz Scorpio
But the whole 'Raising Malawi' thing is still a big Special K propaganda..

Oh definitely. I'm of the belief that sometimes the ends justify the means though. If all of this can actually help out some Africans and better some lives then I'm all for it.

Guest boytoyville

madonna.com is now asking for your input about the crucifixion scene.The question is, "Should Madonna's Confessions Live on NBC be censored?" I of course put NO!