The Sticky And Sweet Final Set List

Andra

You need to defend..her? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Madonna LOONS neet to get over the I KISS HER ASS NO MATTER WHAT attitude. :queenbitch:

P.S:Do you think every single person on this tour can sing the entire Spanish Lesson and all the non single tracks from Hard Candy? :vogue:

She should just do THE HITS for you.Right? :lmao:

During MTV's Ultrasound (1998), she was talking about touring with ROL, and in regards to doing ol songs, she's like, "I don't even wanna think 'Vogue,' that's like 100 years ago." lol She also had said at one time or another that LAV and MG were songs that she didn't really wanna sing again.

But, we know she eventually comes around.

BTW- I don't think "Erotica" is a song that EVERYBODY knows. It's not like one of TIC-era classics or anything. If it was a track that got played a lot on radio as a recurrent, than maybe more people would know it. It was a hit at the time, but not a song that everyone knows. It's like "Hanky Panky"- I'm sure a decent # of people at RIT were like, "What is this sheeot?"

Guest Danny86

Madonna said the following in 1994, in the interview with Details:

A conversation about pop songs:

Me: Which of your songs do you wish you never had to sing again?

Madonna: "Material Girl." I could never sing that again as long as I live. I refuse.

Me: Any others?

Madonna: "Into The Groove."

Me: (horrified) You can't mean that! You couldn't be more wrong.

Madonna: It's so dorky. Well, if you gave me a lot of drugs I'm sure I could come up with the strength to do it, but?

Me: you've never really understood how good that song was, have you?

Madonna: I don't know. All I know is that when I as writing it, I was sitting in a fourth-floor walk-up in Avenue B, and there was this gorgeous Puerto Rican boy sitting across from me that I wanted to go out on a date with, and I just wanted to get it over with.

And she's including "ITG" in 2 recent tours already. ;)

And as recently as 2001 (Today interview), she mentioned LAV and MG as songs she can appreciate, whatnot, but were they songs she wanted to perform? No. And lo and behold, she trotted them out in 2004 and 2006.

Guest Pud Whacker

yeah, i always thought it was ridiculous for people to bring up things she has said in the past regarding songs. i mean, times change, feelings change, what you hate one day, you love the next. thats the way life is.

yeah, i always thought it was ridiculous for people to bring up things she has said in the past regarding songs. i mean, times change, feelings change, what you hate one day, you love the next. thats the way life is.

But no no no Pud.. she told Q that I'm Breathless was her favourite album in 1994! She can't change her mind! It's just impossible. No no no! :evil:

Guest Pud Whacker
But no no no Pud.. she told Q that I'm Breathless was her favourite album in 1994! She can't change her mind! It's just impossible. No no no! :evil:

:rotfl:

---

i always thought it was so smart of her to distance herself from her virgin era songs during the 90's. you know how the decade before is always dismissed as trash? the way in the 80's the 70's were totally hated. its the nature of the beast. imagine her in Q in 94 going on about how great material girl was. :lol:

---

i always thought it was so smart of her to distance herself from her virgin era songs during the 90's. you know how the decade before is always dismissed as trash? the way in the 80's the 70's were totally hated. its the nature of the beast. imagine her in Q in 94 going on about how great material girl was. :lol:

Exactly. Thank God she's smarter than the majority of the public (and indeed, the majority of her fans.)

And may I add at this point that I'm Breathless is a FINE record.... I LONG for the day she digs out "He's a Man", "More" or revisits "Sooner or Later".

I KNOW it will happen someday.. we have at least 2 more tours after all.

---

LOL thats true

during the 90's people were over the 80's

and now the 80's is EVERYTHING everyone wants to get back to it.. all the trash stuff is best thing ever :lol:

Exactly. Thank God she's smarter than the majority of the public (and indeed, the majority of her fans.)

And may I add at this point that I'm Breathless is a FINE record.... I LONG for the day she digs out "He's a Man", "More" or revisits "Sooner or Later".

And Back In Business :dramatic:

From Madonnatribe:

Intro/Candy Shop

The show opener, Candy Shop, has now a longer intro compared to the promo tour version. A musical intro a la Drowned World Tour, sounding very cinematic, like the opening titles of a blockbuster movie, starting with the 4 minutes' "tick tock" with bits and pieces of songs from Hard Candy (4 Minutes, Give It 2 Me, Beat Goes On) that we will be hearing later in the show fades into the "C-A-N-D-Y" intro from the promo tour.

Beat Goes On

A standard album version of the song beginning after the Pharrel rap at the end of Candy Shop. Pharrel and Kanye West are doing their thing on video as well.

Human Nature

Britney will appear on video while Madonna sings the song on stage with her guitar. The idea of the Mash Up with Gimme More has been scrapped but Britney's new signature phrase "It's Britney Bitch" is included once at the end of the song.

Vogue

Played on a new instrumental track based on her 2008 hit 4 Minutes, this version of Vogue also includes a music sample of Nelly Furtado/Timbaland's Give It To Me during the whole song. An amazing re-invention!

Video Interlude - Die Another Day

The first video interlude, a fast paced and speeded up version of the James Bond theme Die Another Day, features exclusive new footage of Madonna as a boxeur, from the brand new photoshoot by Tom Munro for the Tour Book.

Into The Groove

Into The Groove, that contains a small sample of Madonna's Jump, sees Madonna jumping rope and doing a little bit of pole dancing. The song is delivered using musical parts of the dance hit from the 90's "Toop Toop" by Cassius.

Heartbeat

A nice album version of this great new song by Madonna and Pharrel.

Borderline

The most vintage song in the show has been totally recreated and turned into a rocky/ska version. Great rock guitars for the most surprising re-invention!

She's Not Me

As almost all Hard Candy song this one too is presented in it's album version incarnation. At one time Madonna reportedly shouts the phrase "I Know I Can Do It Better" in a similar way she did with "Do you think I'm satisfied" in RIT's American Life.

Music

Known as the Fedde Le Grande mix, the Sticky & Sweet tour version of Music starts with a sample of Last Night A DeeJay Saved My Life by Indeep.

Video Interlude - Rain/Here Comes The Rain Again

The third video interludes mashes up bit's of Madonna's Rain with Eurythmics' Here Comes The Rain Again, using Eurythmics' music track.

Devil Wouldn't Recognize You

Originally supposed to play piano herself on this one, now Madonna appears on stage on top of it. The song is the album version.

Spanish Lesson

Album version here too but nicely extended near the end, with the use of Spanish tap dancing and a little hint to Mariachi music thrown in there as well.

Miles Away

The great ballad version with guitar we already saw at the promo tour.

La Isla Bonita/Lela Pala Tute

The Live Earth version of La Isla Bonita is being presented on the new tour. Mixed with Romani song Lele Pala Tute and some great fun on stage. Gogol Bordello will make some special appearances on some of the tour dates.

Doli Doli

It's a live interlude not sung by Madonna and it's a Romani/Gyspyy folk song

You Must Love Me

Madonna is back on stage to close the section with a fierce rendition of the Accademy Award winning song "You Must Love Me" by Tim Rice and Andrew Lloyd Webber. Tzigani/Gypsy violins and accordeon make of this song an unforgettable and emotional moment of the show.

Video Interlude - Get Stupid

Third interlude a la "Sorry" in "Confession Tour". It's about saving our planet and saving it NOW. It uses parts of various songs from Hard Candy. A vocoded "Who Is The Master and Who Is The Slave" (From Voices), "Get Stupid" (From Give It 2 Me), "The Time Is Now" and "You don't have the luxury of time" (from Beat Goes On) and the "Tick Tock" from "4 Minutes".

4 Minutes

A great version very similar to the promo tour.

Like A Prayer

The song, that replaces Impressive Instant is another Mash Up, delivered using musical parts of the 1992 dance hit by Felix "Don't You Want Me".

Ray Of Light

Very similar to the Confessions Tour version with Madonna playing her rock guitar!

Hung Up

The Rock Version you heard at the promo tour has been confirmed for this tour as well.

Give It To Me

Performed on a music track slightly different from the album version, but it's not one of the remixes. It has an extended ending on which fans are invited to shout: Give It 2 Me!

Human Nature

Britney will appear on video while Madonna sings the song on stage with her guitar. The idea of the Mash Up with Gimme More has been scrapped but Britney's new signature phrase "It's Britney Bitch" is included once at the end of the song.

:|

Too much guitar playing.

Guest Danny86

I'm shocked at "Human Nature" being a guitar song. I don't have a problem with Madonna playing the guitar but I think this song has so much more potential and Madonna turning it into yet another rock/acoustic thing would prove that the Britney mash-up didn't work out and she has no other ideas for "reinventing" lately.

I'm shocked at "Human Nature" being a guitar song. I don't have a problem with Madonna playing the guitar but I think this song has so much more potential and Madonna turning it into yet another rock/acoustic thing would prove that the Britney mash-up didn't work out and she has no other ideas for "reinventing" lately.

I agree, it sounds boring.Maybe it will be great live, we need to wait..but now it looks boring.

:|

[/i]Too much guitar playing.

I don't see a lot of excessive guitar playing. It's pretty much the same amount as her previous tours. I love her playing the guitar so I think it's fine. The guitar playing is far from being the majority of the concert.

Those descriptions at times really don't say a whole lot, do they?

The "Promiscuous" scample was scrapped for "Give it to Me"- M probably saw Nelly Furtado included M's GI2M during some performances.

Sorry but, what do you want to hear?Unless you aren't listening to the demos or something you are not going to "get" lots of performances anyway.

If some songs are ALBUM VERSIONS whan can Tribe saying other than "it sounds like the album version"?

At least the guitar in Human Nature is electric, not acoustic.

same crap. roflpuke.gif

we'll see what happens with all the guitar madness. I could be wrong tho. No wonder people are not excited about this tour and thnk god people can see the setlist before buying their tickets.

Guest Danny86
Sorry but, what do you want to hear?Unless you aren't listening to the demos or something you are not going to "get" lots of performances anyway.

If some songs are ALBUM VERSIONS whan can Tribe saying other than "it sounds like the album version"?

I agree, unless you're describing the dance steps, costumes and choreographies, all of the descriptions will be like "album version" or "sped-up dance" or "rock". You'll hear them on tour and decide yourself. :thumbsup:

"Human Nature" actually replaced "Candy Perfume Girl" in the setlist 2 months ago. It was already the 3rd song on DWT and being rock version too...

I guess "Give It To Me" was probably being confused with "Promiscuous" or something, we don't know if Nelly inspired Madonna.

Techjunkie: the actual rock segment is the last 2 songs of the show, before the closer. The rest of the first segment does not seem to be any rock. I really doubt fans would leave after the 3rd song anyway.

well...its the worsed ending section in her career....4 songs that are a bit too borring....and in bad gitar versions...i really don t get it....where is her ideas that are fresh and funn? i belive first block will be cool...but at the end i m waiting fiasco