The Sticky And Sweet Final Set List

Andra

I don't understand why people say guitar playing is boring. I enjoy concerts why people play instruments throughout the whole concert and don't dance at all. It's great as long as the songs are good.

To me a whole concert of nothing but dance music and choreography is boring. I like it that she combines different kinds of musical expression.

It's too bad some Madonna fans can't enjoy anything but dancing like a maniac. Why does she have to dance on every song. Enjoy the music as music.

I think it's because guitar is not what Madonna is known for in her performances. Tons of acts put on shows where they're on guitar the whole time, so imagine that one. If it's a band, there's a lead vocalist who's not playing, but everyone else. And a lot of times, that lead singer doesn't do anything special during the show.

I agree, unless you're describing the dance steps, costumes and choreographies, all of the descriptions will be like "album version" or "sped-up dance" or "rock". You'll hear them on tour and decide yourself. :thumbsup:

"Human Nature" actually replaced "Candy Perfume Girl" in the setlist 2 months ago. It was already the 3rd song on DWT and being rock version too...

I guess "Give It To Me" was probably being confused with "Promiscuous" or something, we don't know if Nelly inspired Madonna.

Techjunkie: the actual rock segment is the last 2 songs of the show, before the closer. The rest of the first segment does not seem to be any rock. I really doubt fans would leave after the 3rd song anyway.

well we'll see. Thnk god CPG was dropped. ILNY and ROL rock version came from CPG, it is the same exact thing.

The first 2 section look like they could be great fun. The other 2 section not so much. People are paying A LOT of money to see the best show in the whole world and they expect all the hits. Not unknown songs like Spanish Lesson, that Doli song, You Must Love Me or M standing in front of a mic playing guitar (raping Hung Up) while some video is being shown behind her.

Oh well, maybe being there, in concert, it isn't that bad.. (I hope)

I think the set list is a good mix of hits and new songs. I think people know that Madonna is not the type of artist that just sings her older hits. Madonna is known for putting on a great show, but not for playing all the hits like the Stones. I think most people accept that she is not a jukebox, but puts on a very theatrical type of show with themes and amazing visuals.

But they are plenty of well known songs such as Vogue, Borderline and Like A Prayer to keep people happy. At first, I worried she wouldn't do enough of her older or known songs, but I think she has a good mix.

I think it will be fine as long as the visuals are interesting and unique.

I'm happy with the set list and I am definitely not a HC fan. I think it does a good job of promoting the new record but also giving people who don't like HC plenty of other stuff to enjoy.

The first 2 section look like they could be great fun. The other 2 section not so much. People are paying A LOT of money to see the best show in the whole world and they expect all the hits. Not unknown songs like Spanish Lesson, that Doli song, You Must Love Me or M standing in front of a mic playing guitar (raping Hung Up) while some video is being shown behind her.

Oh well, maybe being there, in concert, it isn't that bad.. (I hope)

Sorry but this show is to promote HARD CANDY.All the songs from the album are UNKNOWN except 4 Minutes and Give It 2 Me.

You Must Love Me was an hit, just like Hung Up.No matter how much the rock version is bad, it still sounds like HU.

Have you ever been to a Madonna's show?

Guest Danny86
well we'll see. Thnk god CPG was dropped. ILNY and ROL rock version came from CPG, it is the same exact thing.

If you mean that "Candy Perfurme Girl" was her first ever rock guitar performance, then yes, each time she pick it up again, it will be compared to that one. Then again, each performance of "Vogue" will always be compared to the Blond Ambition Tour, so I don't know what Madonna is supposed to do.

I agree too much guitar playing, I'm dissapointed to hear Borderline will be a "SKA" version with guitars. "You must love me" is just a bad choice, she could have picked a better ballad like "You'll See" , "Take a Bow"

Madonna is never going to do what the fans want,THANK GOD!

Can you imagine Madonna doing what the fans want? BAT part 2, 3, and, 4. Miming the whole concert cause she would be dancing like crazy from start to finish. Greatest hits tour filled with nostalgia songs all converted into DANCE remixes fully coreographed.

your ideas and song suggestions are ridiculous, (i mean "can't stop?" ) and expecting a 50 y.o. woman to dance like when she was 30.

GET REAL!

i guess you all be happy when she never tours again! LOL

Madonna is never going to do what the fans want,THANK GOD!

Can you imagine Madonna doing what the fans want? BAT part 2, 3, and, 4. Miming the whole concert cause she would be dancing like crazy from start to finish. Greatest hits tour filled with nostalgia songs all converted into DANCE remixes fully coreographed.

your ideas and song suggestions are ridiculous, (i mean "can't stop?" ) and expecting a 50 y.o. woman to dance like when she was 30.

GET REAL!

i guess you all be happy when she never tours again! LOL

Light up dude.

If you mean that "Candy Perfurme Girl" was her first ever rock guitar performance, then yes, each time she pick it up again, it will be compared to that one. Then again, each performance of "Vogue" will always be compared to the Blond Ambition Tour, so I don't know what Madonna is supposed to do.

What I meant is yes, that was actually her first rock performance, which was really cool, but if you compare ILNY, ROL, she use the same chords, and ending of the CPG performance, just different song and lyrics.

fabian, hope you're not suggesting that Madge mimed all (or even most) of the BAT, as we know that is far from the case. :)

M can do whatever she likes- like with DWT- I loved it. But, casual fans probably had a lot of problems with it. But, that's their problem.

M can do whatever she likes- like with DWT- I loved it. But, casual fans probably had a lot of problems with it. But, that's their problem.

I didn't particulary care for DWT either. But this set list isn't as inaccesible as the DWT setlist. It has quite a few hits. I think the best thing for Madonna or any artist is to find a good balance between what songs fans want and their artistic vision. Just giving fans what they want, hit after hit, is uncreative. Just being artistic and not caring about your audience is snobby. I think she's found the right balance here.

Yeah, Glinda, but I didn't mind the lack of classics in DWT. I've always liked M's f-you attitude and that tour fit into that. Plus, she hadn't toured in 8 years, so she had some great material to work with for DWT.

Sorry but this show is to promote HARD CANDY.

Hard Candy, is over. It did pretty well over the world (selling almost 3 million) but don't expect it to sell much more.

You Must Love Me was an hit, just like Hung Up.

Ehh, sorry but, no.

No matter how much the rock version is bad, it still sounds like HU.

So? It's still bad. One of the worst things she has ever done (imo).

Have you ever been to a Madonna's show?

Yes, I have. Had a great time!

Guest Danny86
Hard Candy, is over. It did pretty well over the world (selling almost 3 million) but don't expect it to sell much more.

So what? She's supposed to drop most of the HC song from the setlist of a tour that is called "Sticky & Sweet" just because fans say the album is over?

The tour will help the album in Europe and definitely in Latin America.

Ehh, sorry but, no.

So? It's still bad. One of the worst things she has ever done (imo).

Yes, I have. Had a great time!

Sorry, I don't believe you.If you already saw one of her show you know she's not a GREATEST HITS TOUR TYPE.Even on RIT she did lots of songs off AL and minor hits like Hanky Panky.So you Spanish Eyes shit is..well, shit.

I didn't say You Must Love Me is an hit LIKE Hung Up, but it was a hit.Being an hit doesn't mean being number 1 everywhere.The song was pretty popular and still is.

And again. HC is not dead at all.

Guest thehiltonsuite

So what if it is?? It's still one of her best albums and I want to see it LIVE! The tour will also boost the album.

Aren't all albums more than DEAD when Madonna tours? (AL, COADF, Erotica, Music (?), )

And Holidayguy i didnt suggest that, i enjoy BAT. I was just referring to the fact that the only way she can manage to dance like crazy song after song is if she mimes the whole concert. in BAT she was younger, i dont expect her to repeat it because its not phisically feasible for her....

If you don't like Rock music, nobody expects you to like madonnas rock versions...in any case, she never does more than 2 songs with electric guitar, so its only 10 minutes of the show that u will hate. It will be just fine.

Madonna has that oldies act syndrome as far as album sales during a Touring period go.

People go & c her cuz 'IT'S MADONNA!'. I'm sure there's loadsa people that don't even own

a Madonna album & still buy tickets 4 her concerts.

Too much of the effing guitar and YUCK at the rock version of HU. What on earth is the woman thinking?

She has totally ruined one of her classic songs. I hope at least she doesn't include all that "this is the sound of my brain"

shite.

I agree too much guitar playing, I'm dissapointed to hear Borderline will be a "SKA" version with guitars. "You must love me" is just a bad choice, she could have picked a better ballad like "You'll See" , "Take a Bow"

Well, I think that YMLM is a better ballad than YS and TAB.

I agree! :thumbsup:

I like YS and TAB too btw.

I like them too, I adore all her ballads, but most of people here prefere her dance songs, I mean I like them too, but her ballads, i felt in love with her because of her ballads.

I like them too, I adore all her ballads, but most of people here prefere her dance songs, I mean I like them too, but her ballads, i felt in love with her because of her ballads.

I felt in love with her because of Evita and that song, that's why I can't wait for it!