The Sticky And Sweet Final Set List

Andra

Laprol, DTM on RIT wasn't all too different from DWT (and promo performances) of the song.

I also don't get why she's going to do the exact same version of LIB as she did at Live Earth (if it is theexact one- am sure those same dudes won't be there, though).

Yeah I thought of that.. and also Open your heart on WTGT and BAT.

But there were still differences. DTM had some Parisian influences thrown in and OYH had a slightly different feel.

This one just sounds like they're doing the same exact performance with a different outfit. Not good.

Guest Danny86
I also don't get why she's going to do the exact same version of LIB as she did at Live Earth (if it is theexact one- am sure those same dudes won't be there, though).

She seems to be into this gypsy thing now and wanted to include that on tour, and this track was like already done. But I'm sure it's gonna sound somewhat different, there's no Stuart anymore. Same for "Ray Of Light", even if she does the guitar version again, it will be a bit different.

Does Madonna really need to perform La Isla Bonita, ROL and Music AGAIN? Madonna has so many songs in her repertoire the mind boggles that she wants to perform the same songs over and over again. And You Must Love is a bad choice, I would have preferred another ballad Rain should be performed instead but I do think there are some good tracks in there Like A Prayer and Borderline.

And I too would have loved Impressive Instant to be included, maybe instead of ROL. But oh well..

Guest AudioMIXXER1123

I posted this on Madonnalicious but here is what I have to say...

I am pretty sure this supposed set list is not at all 100% official. Many elements of it just seem quite unusual and the way songs are structured into it just seems very weird. Here is what I think...

1. Wasn't Spanish Lesson ruled out from the very start??? We all discussed this.

2. HELLO! La Isla Bonita was done with Lela Pala Tute during LIVE EARTH in 2007. Madonna is all about re-invention. Does anybody else think that that it would be a little much to the EXACT same version AGAIN.

3. I am not saying the whole set list is false there are just elements in it that are odd. For instance, the three song Into The Groove Mash-Up. That is quite much in my opinion.

4. I find it VERY odd that Madonna would go from a slow, mysterious ballad like Devil and quickly change gears and go into a more upbeat song like Spanish Lesson than once again go down beat to Miles Away. The song choices there even make this setlist (structure wise) even more "iffy" to me.

Bottom line...

I absolutely LOVE many parts of this set list but we all must remember that we still have a few weeks until opening night and unless an extremely good source leaks a real set list we won't know for certain. I am not loving the 4th and 5th songs in the 3rd section of the show (mainly because Dolli Dolli is not a song that I know) I know, I know horrible arguments but hey it's what I'm trying to say. I really want to know what all of you think. Do you agree or disagree with me? Let the debating begin!

I am pretty sure this supposed set list is not at all 100% official. Many elements of it just seem quite unusual and the way songs are structured into it just seems very weird. Here is what I think...

1. Wasn't Spanish Lesson ruled out from the very start??? We all discussed this.

2. HELLO! La Isla Bonita was done with Lela Pala Tute during LIVE EARTH in 2007. Madonna is all about re-invention. Does anybody else think that that it would be a little much to the EXACT same version AGAIN.

3. I am not saying the whole set list is false there are just elements in it that are odd. For instance, the three song Into The Groove Mash-Up. That is quite much in my opinion.

4. I find it VERY odd that Madonna would go from a slow, mysterious ballad like Devil and quickly change gears and go into a more upbeat song like Spanish Lesson than once again go down beat to Miles Away. The song choices there even make this setlist (structure wise) even more "iffy" to me.

Bottom line...

I absolutely LOVE many parts of this set list but we all must remember that we still have a few weeks until opening night and unless an extremely good source leaks a real set list we won't know for certain. I am not loving the 4th and 5th songs in the 3rd section of the show (mainly because Dolli Dolli is not a song that I know) I know, I know horrible arguments but hey it's what I'm trying to say. I really want to know what all of you think. Do you agree or disagree with me? Let the debating begin!

oh please thats YOUR opinion based on no one knows what :doh:

i hate this things too but we must get real and accept that it is very likely this setlist is real

Guest Not4Pussies

i agree.

some songs don't go so well together.

Music before Rain

Devil/Spanish Lesson/Miles Away

at the same time we can sort of expect this

the HC promo tour setlist lineup

was not the best.

Guest Danny86

Bottom line...

1. No, it was only ruled out by Drowned Madonna who stopped posting anything about the tour since the first Madonna Tribe spoiler came out.

2. That was just a one-off performance, but it got a huge response, and as I said earlier, Madonna is into the gypsy thing (she celebrated her birthday with their music), everyone predicted the tour will have some gypsy stuff in it. As for reinvention, Madonna did a lot of numbers that were not about reinvention on the past tour, several of them were mentioned earlier.

3. Why would be that mash-up odd? The "Jump" sample is a few seconds long and Madonna is singing her lyrics over "Toop Toop", just like how she's singing "Music" over the Fedde Le Grand hit.

4. I agree with this, but apparently in the first MTribe news it was "Miles Away" following "Devil..." but they changed it to "Spanish Lesson" following "Devil". But "DWRY" is gonna be some dramatic thing while "Miles Away" will be upbeat and singalong as on the promo tour, so it might work.

Bottom line: "Doli Doli" seems to be just an outro for "LIB". As for the sources, in the other thread I posted a link where it shows we had the full CT setlist more than a month before the first night, and it was the same website. So I think it's the real deal now.

This is the only rumored setlist thus far that seems like it could be the real deal. Looks great to me!! Vogue, ITG, LAP.... :dramatic:. No complaints here. My excitement level just jumped from about a 6 to a 10!!! BRING IT ON!!!!

the original

doli, doli

http://it.youtube.com/watch?v=cKdQjO_CJK8

and

into the groove toop toop mashup lol

http://it.youtube.com/watch?v=_4CeVDjhGOM

I love that mashup

edit: no , it's one of the best mashups I've ever heard, works so well together

RIT had a lot more Immaculate Collection-era material (11, including The Beast Within, 8 that actually appeared on that album). This tour only has 5 total, so not exactly a RIT-like list. :) Confessions Tour had 4 IC-era hits.

Kurt, how can you not cite "Borderline" when saying how your excitement level has grown? :gent:

Very happy with the setlist. Vogue, Borderline & LAP are three of my favorite Madonna classics ever. The only thing I would change is that horrid rock version of HU. Hopefully, it's an improvement of the promo version.

Guest Danny86
RIT had a lot more Immaculate Collection-era material (11, including The Beast Within, 8 that actually appeared on that album). This tour only has 5 total, so not exactly a RIT-like list. :) Confessions Tour had 4 IC-era hits.

Kurt, how can you not cite "Borderline" when saying how your excitement level has grown? :gent:

HG dearest, Madonna's career so far is 25 year long, not 7. In 2008 she has to include all eras to have a career-spanning-balanced setlist. :)

And yes, "Borderline" does not get the appreciation it deserves! Come on people, she has not it sung for an insane twenty-three years! The song could not make it into seven world tours but finally, the tour dedicated to Hard Candy finally broke that unfortunate tradition! :thumbsup:

And?The point is that this show is full of hits, just like RIT was.I never said the set list is the same and of course, RIT was nore hits oriented.This new tour is more old hits filled than Confessions or DWT for sure.

Vogue

Die Another Day (yes, it was a hit)

Into The Groove

Borderline

Music

La Isla Bonita

You Must Love Me

Like A Prayer

Ray Of Light

Confessions had:

Like A Virgin

Live To Tell

Ray Of Light

Drowned World (not a real hit actually)

Music

Erotica (and actually, it wasn't the real Erotica since it was so muhc reinvented)

La Isla Bonita

Lucky Star

Drowned Word Tour had:

Holiday

La Isla Bonita

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

OMG!! YES!! How could I forget Borderline?? Revoke my fan card for that one! I'm definitely looking forward to that one, it's been way too long. One of her best songs ever and her best video of the 80's! I hope they keep that intro in the "reinvented" version!!

too bad for Open Your Heart once again being ignored :thumbsdown:

but WOW for BORDERLINE :dramatic: to make it :thumbsup:

that alone can make things better along so many lows like Britney, HU rock, recycled ROL and Music again, La Isla Live Earth and on and on :bruised:

too bad for Open Your Heart once again being ignored :thumbsdown:

but WOW for BORDERLINE :dramatic: to make it :thumbsup:

that alone can make things better along so many lows like Britney, HU rock, recycled ROL and Music again, La Isla Live Earth and on and on :bruised:

how do you know they are going to be lows you tart? obviously if she included the redneck stripper that will OF COURSE be an almighty low, but the rest, you have no idea.

I love love this setlist!! It's going to be my first concert so I really don't mind ROL, Music, LIB, or Hung Up :D

And I'm sooo excited about Vogue, Like a Prayer, Borderline, Into the Groove... and all of the Hard Candy songs...it's going to be fucking amazing!

Guest Pud Whacker
Sticky & Sweet Set List Intro/Candy Shop

Beat Goes On

Human Nature

Vogue

Video Interlude - Die Another Day

Into The Groove

Heartbeat

Borderline

She's Not Me

Music

Video Interlude - Rain/Here Comes The Rain Again

Devil Wouldn't Recognize You

Spanish Lesson

Miles Away

La Isla Bonita/Lela Pala Tute

Doli Doli (Live interlude - Romanian folk song)

You Must Love Me

Video Interlude - Get Stupid (About saving the planet)

4 Minutes

Like A Prayer

Ray Of Light

Hung Up

Give It To Me (Finale)

wow, i just noticed theres no moaning fame song!!!! :thumbsup:

Guest Danny86
Yeah PUD....but more importantly

no strumming on the guitar...and sitting down moment......

it looks like all action all the time....

Even if it's without guitar, "You Must Love Me" will be definitely a sitting down moment. Probably "Devil Wouldn't Recognize You" as well. Madonna has to sit down for a few numbers, right? :wink: