"Miles Away" USA Airplay/Sales/Billboard Charts Thread

mtzlplk

Oh dear it really bugs me when uncultured people slate something they don't understand.

The 'Get Together' video is one of the most iconic, artistic vidoes she has done ever!

However on another note... Fxxk Madonna and her not giving a shit attitude towards her fans..

I am fed up with all her dull tours and music now - she needs to go away and hide for a few years - I think everyone is sick to death of her.

You sound like a fucking idiot. Everyone on this board was bitching and complaining about how bad the Get Together video was. I did not say I was one of those uncultured people you are talking about. Maybe you should take a class on understanding English.

Lastly, there are over 2 million fans that paid top dollar to see her on this "dull" tour. So stay the fuck home, no one is going to miss you.

You sound like a fucking idiot. Everyone on this board was bitching and complaining about how bad the Get Together video was. I did not say I was one of those uncultured people you are talking about. Maybe you should take a class on understanding English.

Lastly, there are over 2 million fans that paid top dollar to see her on this "dull" tour. So stay the fuck home, no one is going to miss you.

Hmmm - I will say nothing

You sound like a childish and immature person who reads into something too much. I did not say its the end of the world I stated she does not have a good work ethic and I gave my reason for it. A good work ethic would include plugging her songs that are being released somewhere.

All she has to do is visit a tv show and perform and at leasther digial sales will increase.

You need to get out of your house more and away fromt his PC screen - it will increase your frustration.

good god!!!!! what an idiot!!!! in 25 years she may have 1 song miss the top 20. oh no, its the end of the world. also, anyone who thinks she doesnt have a good work ethic is an absolute retard!!!!!

Thats good. Maybe we can expect her next tour to be much cheaper.

I would bet everything I hold dear Madonna doesn't know or care about her UK chart record. She knows she's made half a billion dollars and is the most famous woman alive.

You sound like a childish and immature person who reads into something too much. I did not say its the end of the world I stated she does not have a good work ethic and I gave my reason for it. A good work ethic would include plugging her songs that are being released somewhere.

All she has to do is visit a tv show and perform and at leasther digial sales will increase.

You need to get out of your house more and away fromt his PC screen - it will increase your frustration.

Madonna's poor work ethic is currently scoring her the most successful tour for a female or solo act, ever.

Guest strictlyrollingVIP

Good god! Do you kiss your mother with that mouth?

Guest Danny86

God, this is sick. You're trying to teach Madonna about work ethic? Again, you must be confusing her with Janet, Whitney or MJ.

The thing I blame her about is that she grosses millions and millions going on tour and she doesn't even spend 50.000/100.000 euros to make a decent/simple video for Miles Away. For example the video of The Power of goodbye was not expensive, but decent and it is one of my favourites.

Videos are payed by the record companies, not the artists and nowadays record companies don't have as much profits as before. They make a special video for lead single and that's all.

Normally i think the record company pays everything about promotion, but parts of the promotion can be payed from the artist's future money, so the record company doesn't lose so much if the album bombs.

Looks like the US is getting a physical single release

STREET DATE: December 16th 2008

Artist: MADONNA

Title: Miles Away

Configuration: CD MAXI

SELECTION: 2-517246 (UPC Code: 0-9362-49800-8-7) CD MAXI

1.)

Miles Away (Radio Edit)

2.)

Miles Away (Thin White Duke Remix)

3.)

Miles Away (Morgan Page Remix)

4.)

Miles Away (Johnny Vicious Club Mix)

5.)

Miles Away (Johnny Vicious Warehouse Mix)

6.)

Miles Away (Rebirth Remix)

7.)

Miles Away (Aaron LaCrate & Samir B-More Gutter Remix)

Guest HydroTrippin

Back when Madonna was filming the Take A Bow video, she said that the way videos work is the record company gives a cash advance, the artist uses the money to make the video and when album & single sales, the record company takes the money back from the profits.

Considering that HC has sold 3 million copies & Madonna already filmed videos for 4 Minutes, Give It 2 Me & The Beat Goes On, I could understand why they wouldn't want to fund a 4th studio video for Miles Away. Still, I wish there was at least a live video.

A CD maxi? Guess it's good to have for the collection, though I still have GI2M to get. I did get mixes from iTunes, though.

Once again, great planning on WB's part- releasing the mixes in advance of the physical single lol (not that it would matter all that much, I guess).

This got a spin from Hot AC yesterday. Pop the champagne. I know, I know...but it would be nice to see Hot AC jump on this already.

Queue....Holidayguy.....with a comment about madonna not getting airplay after the first initial single. :)

Guest superman

Ask Billboard is updated every Friday. Submit your burning music questions to Keith Caulfield at askbb@billboard.com. Please include your first and last name, as well as your city, state and country, if outside the U.S.

Hey Keith

Madonna teamed up with Justin Timberlake for the top 10 Hot 100 smash "4 Minutes." She had a No. 1 Hot Dance Club Play hit with "Give It 2 Me," but that single didn't strike a cord with radio and (only peaked at No. 57 on the Hot 100).

Now does Madonna have any plans to release anything else from the "Hard Candy" album? I read on the Internet that "Miles Away" was released to radio in the U.K., along with a handful of dance remixes. Does she have plans to release that single or any other tracks from her latest CD while she's on tour?

Thanks!

Chad Larson

Mitchell, South Dakota

Hi Chad,

I'm listening to the dance mixes of "Miles Away" right now on my iTunes. They were commercially released this week both in the U.S. and the U.K. through digital download services (and possibly in many other global territories).

The producers enlisted to remix the tune for dance floors include Thin White Duke, Johnny Vicious, Morgan Page, Rebirth (Demacio "Demo" Castellon, Vincent di Pasquale, Larry Grant), Aaron LaCrate and Debonair Samir.

I don't believe the single has been promoted to U.S. radio stations yet. Right now, the focus is on dance clubs here in the States. (On the Hot Dance Club Play chart out next week, dated Dec. 13, "Miles" will move from No. 35 to No. 20 in its second week on the chart. It is her 55th Hot Dance Club Play hit.)

In Europe, Miles Away moves up to No. 13 on the Nielsen Music Control Euro Radio Airplay chart (dated Nov. 20).

However, it would seem that, at least in the U.K., the favorable radio support isn't translating into success with digital downloads. It's looking like the song is selling rather poorly and it may miss the top 40 of the

Official U.K. Singles Chart this Sunday (Nov. 30) when the new chart is released.

A few chart-geek notes:

If "Miles" misses the top 40, it will be her first single to miss the top 10 in the U.K. since 2003 ("Love Profusion") and her first single to miss the top 20 since 1984 (with the original release of "Borderline").

Not exactly records you'd want to set.

Guest gintonic
LMAO she's *not* getting airplay :lmao:

Astonishing, you actually laugh at HALF of the own garbage you posted.

:confused:

Edited by gintonic

Guest superman

sorry guys but i knew it, this gonna happen, if only she released "The Beat goes on" would be a better chances in airplay, itunes or downloaded song.

Guest tassilo3001
sorry guys but i knew it, this gonna happen, if only she released "The Beat goes on" would be a better chances in airplay, itunes or downloaded song.

I don't think so

the only problem is that there is no video

if I look to the airplay success

top ten uk and number 1 here in germany

miles away has such a hit potential

and warner is doing nothing

when I read the amazon commertaries for miles away everyone loves this song not just fans and the song has 5 points from every writer