Sticky & Sweet tour rumours II

Andra

Not to bounce around subjects here but...

Has there been any information about the Tour Book for Sticky and Sweet yet? Were the new photo shoots for that, just the videos, or both? :think:

The only thing I heard (this whole summer) was from MadonnaTribe:

Tom Munro and Madonna are expected to work on the shoot at the end of this month (June 2008) in New York.

i just don't get the boxing themed photos for a "sticky and sweet" tour.

I would love to see really crazy photos of her wrapped in cellophane or with strings of gum raveled around her ending in her mouth or around her finger....something bizarre and freaky

her whole presentation this time around is so disjointed its odd

I would love to see really crazy photos of her wrapped in cellophane or with strings of gum raveled around her ending in her mouth or around her finger....something bizarre and freaky

So clichèd for the STICKY AND SWEET TOUR.

Thank God for confessions she wasn't dressed as a nun.

smartass :boxing:

haha

priests do confessions....nuns don't hehe

those were just off the top of my head....she could do a whole shoot as if she's willy wonka

Well, remember, Madonna originally wanted to call the album Give It 2 Me and that would be more in line with something a championship fighter would say (i.e. "Hit me with your best shot!"), so that may have inspired the original seed of the idea for the female boxer. I think she's just carrying that theme over to the tour.

How she got off on this "candy" detour is beyond me. I WELCOME the boxer theme re-emergence.

Well, remember, Madonna originally wanted to call the album Give It 2 Me and that would be more in line with something a championship fighter would say (i.e. "Hit me with your best shot!"), so that may have inspired the original seed of the idea for the female boxer. I think she's just carrying that theme over to the tour.

How she got off on this "candy" detour is beyond me. I WELCOME the boxer theme re-emergence.

I agree.

The album cover was even designed to have the album's title on her belt buckle. They couldn't be bothered to reshoot the cover for a candy theme - just photo shopped candy swirls on to the background. Lazy.

Guest Danny86

Well, that's like saying why equestrian and horses photoshoot for a "confessions" tour. It's just one of the themes of the show which will be used, plus it follows Madonna's idea of "juxtaposition of tough and sweetness".

How she got off on this "candy" detour is beyond me.

I'm sure the candy thing was always there. She said it several times that "Candy Shop" was the first song recorded for the project and it's one of her favourites. After "Give It 2 Me", she wanted to name her album "Candy Shop".

Well, that's like saying why equestrian and horses photoshoot for a "confessions" tour. It's just one of the themes of the show which will be used, plus it follows Madonna's idea of "juxtaposition of tough and sweetness".

I'm sure the candy thing was always there. She said it several times that "Candy Shop" was the first song recorded for the project and it's one of her favourites. After "Give It 2 Me", she wanted to name her album "Candy Shop".

No, the candy thing wasn't always there.That's why she used the GIVE IT 2 ME belt and the outtakes from the photoshoot have nothing to do with the candy theme.

Guest Danny86
No, the candy thing wasn't always there.That's why she used the GIVE IT 2 ME belt and the outtakes from the photoshoot have nothing to do with the candy theme.

I know THAT photoshoot has nothing to do with the theme but with "Candy Shop" being one of Madonna's favourites, I'm sure it was always in the "air" when Madonna was trying to do a concept. She couldn't name the album "Give It 2 Me" so she immediately went to the candy thing, it's not a coincidence I believe.

The stage is being build right now as we speak/post. Here's a report from someone from the M Tribe forum who went for a look today:

Hi guys Ive just been down to the stadium and it is manic there! The crew are working hard putting the finishing touches to the stage. There seems to be at least 3 screens on or above the stage, one is a circular screen in the center, and the side screens are huge.

I spoke with a security guy that works for the stadium and he said Madonna and crew will be in Cardiff from the weekend. He also told me that there are two platforms that come out at each side of the stage. He aslo stated this was the biggest production he has seen at the stadium.

The crew seemed to be putting something together in the middle of the stage. I took some more photos which are crappy and long distance but I wouldnt have a clue how to post them on ere. I will send them to the site.

Any Cardiff fans going down for a peek, best view is from gate 6 behind Vue Cinema, you can see straight through, great view.

Guest waiting
Hi guys Ive just been down to the stadium and it is manic there! The crew are working hard putting the finishing touches to the stage. There seems to be at least 3 screens on or above the stage, one is a circular screen in the center, and the side screens are huge.

Sounds like Confessions all over again.... but I'll TRY to refrain from ripping it apart until I see it.

before the album came out Madonna described the sound as "make you feel good and kick your ass at the same time". feel good= candy, kick ass= boxer.

don't get me wrong...I love the boxing theme...

i guess i just wish the tour wasn't called sticky and sweet

that's all

don't get me wrong...I love the boxing theme...

i guess i just wish the tour wasn't called sticky and sweet

that's all

The last good tour name was 'Drowned World'..'Confessions' was okay

but 2 predictable...

Yes but even "Drowned World" was just based on the song/book title.

Her only 'clever' tour title was Blond Ambition. That was her best period with word play and stuff. Immaculate Collection included.

Yes but even "Drowned World" was just based on the song/book title.

Her only 'clever' tour title was Blond Ambition. That was her best period with word play and stuff. Immaculate Collection included.

yeah but it was loosely based on that Ballard (?) novel & it went with a concept.

'Confessions' was like 'okay now my dancers will confess something..'

do you guys think she will rise from the stage this time around or will she descend

there was a thread ages ago about how when she's coming off of a low point (commercially) in her career she rises up from the stage (Erotica and Girlie Show; American Life and RIT) and when she's doing well she descends (COAD and Confessions)

i know it doesn't work for every tour but what do you guys think?

i hope her entrance is as close to grand as it was for Confessions as possible and not just sitting on that throne that swings around

Guest Danny86
do you guys think she will rise from the stage this time around or will she descend

there was a thread ages ago about how when she's coming off of a low point (commercially) in her career she rises up from the stage (Erotica and Girlie Show; American Life and RIT) and when she's doing well she descends (COAD and Confessions)

i know it doesn't work for every tour but what do you guys think?

i hope her entrance is as close to grand as it was for Confessions as possible and not just sitting on that throne that swings around

None of them, because most likely it's the throne again. Does it mean she's neither in a low or a high point? :p