Sticky & Sweet tour rumours II

Andra

Guest waiting
But what is she supposed to do with all that? Most of what you listed is like modern stuff she can't do without. She won't stop using the video screens and I don't think we should expect heavy stage/set props, the last time she did that was the BAT, TGS had a big cut in that, sure the DWT brought back some, but it's not that typical for her. I don't think she's gonna give up the guitar playing either, actually it seems to me that she needs a non-theatrical "concert" part of the show to make it complete these days. The last tour not having that was TGS and she performed only 15 songs there.

I think the CT had enough new stuff to make it seem different from RIT, so I think it's gonna be the same now as well. And if I'm not wrong, the Steven Klein art thing is now only about filming Kanye, Pharrell & Britney, the rest was by Tom Munro.

Madonna

248326698_4204d0f281.jpg

deniz_bercy_01september4.jpg

Kylie

2686599090_7cb361c67f.jpg

349031839_887ac07e5c.jpg

296343733_ad20807a37.jpg

There is tons of stuff she can do. She doesn't have to abandon videos entirely but use them in a more creative way than just slapping 3 screens in the in the back and call it a day for the stage design. And the Girlie Show had an elaborate set in the back with elevators with that 2 storey stage thing. The Reinvention stage was the worst, its like she didn't even try at all. I'm going to predict that the 'unique' feature of Sticky and Sweet is moving screens (wow...) like in the promo tour.

Edited by waiting

Guest waiting
that's the tackiest shit I've ever seen

Yes, cause a square screen hanging down from the ceiling with an over sized disco ball image on it isn't.

Yes, cause a square screen hanging down from the ceiling with an over sized disco ball image on it isn't.

no, Madonna's stuff is tight, sparse & restricted. & Ultimately Kylie's stage ain't all that

different it's mainly screens & lighting, depending on what segment of the show, that provides the stage look.

But Kylie needs it brighter cuz she has 2 sing Copacabana :chuckle:

But what is she supposed to do with all that? Most of what you listed is like modern stuff she can't do without. She won't stop using the video screens and I don't think we should expect heavy stage/set props, the last time she did that was the BAT, TGS had a big cut in that, sure the DWT brought back some, but it's not that typical for her. I don't think she's gonna give up the guitar playing either, actually it seems to me that she needs a non-theatrical "concert" part of the show to make it complete these days. The last tour not having that was TGS and she performed only 15 songs there.

I think the CT had enough new stuff to make it seem different from RIT, so I think it's gonna be the same now as well. And if I'm not wrong, the Steven Klein art thing is now only about filming Kanye, Pharrell & Britney, the rest was by Tom Munro.

Totally agree. I don't see how a lot of stage props are going to work in the large venues she plays in. Yes, she has video screens, but it's not like she uses the same or similiar videos so she's not repeating a formula. I can't imagine a modern concert without video screens. George Michael at his concert has these huge video screens and his videos were really amazing.

don't forget RIT had that amazing stage that came down for American Life and Holiday. I thought that was pretty cool

i would love a huge amount of props like that crazy tree in DWT

Kylie's stage is unbelievable!

The problem is...Madonna started the whole concert as theatre piece and now people are almost trumping her with their elaborate sets and stuff

MADONNA INNOVATES with her stages

AFter she does a tour you see EVERYONE do similar on stage

She really utilised the hydraulic lift thing, the conveyor belt, the video screens etc

I know its cool to slag off everything she does this day, but you cant deny, when it comes to putting on a stage and innovating, shes second to none

Guest waiting
MADONNA INNOVATES with her stages

AFter she does a tour you see EVERYONE do similar on stage

She really utilised the hydraulic lift thing, the conveyor belt, the video screens etc

I know its cool to slag off everything she does this day, but you cant deny, when it comes to putting on a stage and innovating, shes second to none

I fail to see what is so innovative about her stages. Its a plain flat stage with screens that rise and fall, and platforms that rise and fall. None of that is innovative. There is so much that can be done stage wise that isn't being taken advantage of, all one needs to do is think outside the box. She has resorted to the same tricks for the past 3 tours in terms of stage design. The screens aren't anything innovative, everyone uses them. None of the things you listed are innovative because they have been around for a LONG time.

The reason why 'EVERYONE' does similar stage design for their concerts is because Jamie Queen the mediocre choreographer and faux art director is responsible for designing most of them, just recycling what he did for Madonna for theirs. His stage designs are architecturally simple and technically/artistically nothing to write home about.

If anything the only things innovative about her shows are Steven Klein's videos. But that has nothing to do with the actual stage itself, and the overall visual strength of her concerts relies too heavily on his work imo.

ev_georgemich06_01_l.jpg

2687774558_76ba805732.jpg

3d-concert39.jpg

Now THIS is innovative

Or check out Kayne West's Stage amazing Design

Kayne Stage Design

Why can't Madonna do stuff like this? Because she is working with hacks.

Edited by waiting

I fail to see what is so innovative about her stages. Its a plain flat stage with screens that rise and fall, and platforms that rise and fall. None of that is innovative. There is so much that can be done stage wise that isn't being taken advantage of, all one needs to do is think outside the box. She has resorted to the same tricks for the past 3 tours in terms of stage design. The screens aren't anything innovative, everyone uses them. None of the things you listed are innovative because they have been around for a LONG time.

The reason why 'EVERYONE' does similar stage design for their concerts is because Jamie Queen the mediocre choreographer and faux art director is responsible for designing most of them, just recycling what he did for Madonna for theirs. His stage designs are architecturally simple and technically/artistically nothing to write home about.

If anything the only things innovative about her shows are Steven Klein's videos. But that has nothing to do with the actual stage itself, and the overall visual strength of her concerts relies too heavily on his work imo.

ev_georgemich06_01_l.jpg

Now THIS is innovative

I think Dr. Lecter was moreso referencing her stages from the early 90's as being innovative. But DAMNIT....innovative or not the past 3 tours have been entertaining and spectacles in themselves. Far more intricate than MOST pop shows. Have you not enjoyed them because they weren't innovative enough or something?? I mean if you feel that your money was wasted on the last few tours because a real life cannon wasn't brought on stage that Madonna shot out of then stuck her to the ceiling and sang Holiday then it's probably best you not attend this one. Because YES....it probably will be similar in design to her last 3 since King is in charge. Lots of videos etc.

Why not just enjoy the show instead worrying about how innovative it is?? Sorry to generalize, but only a complete prude or someone who just flat out doesn't like Madonna wouldn't enjoy one of her shows.

Guest waiting

Please, I'm just annoyed that the queen isn't living up to her potential because she chooses to lower herself by working with mediocrity. She did a GREAT job in DWT, I loved what she did with the stage even though it was minimal the tree added so much, and the costumes and performances of the Japanese section in particular was stunning. But she hasn't been able to top it since.

ev_georgemich06_01_l.jpg

3d-concert39.jpg

Now THIS is innovative

Or check out Kayne West's Stage amazing Design

Kayne Stage Design

Why can't Madonna do stuff like this? Because she is working with hacks.

That looks like a set made 4 TV..very Eurovision...& The George Michael stage was the only thing

I didn't like bout his show specially during the ballads..if u were close like me it was just 'pixel' :fag:

Just cuz they go over the top in design doesn't mean it's innovative.

I like how Madonna's shit is eye candy + functional design still maintaining the integrity of a classic concert stage.

It goes with her Rock 'n Roll heart. :fag: She understands that lighting is just as important as not lighting..just look at how she utilises darkness 4 dramatic appeal. Now go read a Peter Morse interview u dumb fucks. :fag:

Guest waiting
Wow, you're a clueless prick :lmao:

RIT Into the Groove disaster

Whatever, bottom line is she can be better and has in the past. The way she uses the screens is lazy. Just watch that performance of Into the Groove in RIT; do we really need to see Missy Elliott's giant face filling up all the screens? It just draws focus away from the actual performance, its just too dominating. I have a bad feeling there is going to a lot more of this kind of stuff except with Kayne, Britney, Pharrell and everyone else in Sticky and Sweet.

kayne wes? sound like some state in north america-.....

Geez someone hasn't been listening to Hard Candy...

Edited by waiting

RIT Into the Groove disaster

Whatever, bottom line is she can be better and has in the past. The way she uses the screens is lazy. Just watch that performance of Into the Groove in RIT; do we really need to see Missy Elliott's giant face filling up all the screens? It just draws focus away from the actual performance, its just too dominating. I have a bad feeling there is going to a lot more of this kind of stuff except with Kayne, Britney, Pharrell and everyone else in Sticky and Sweet.

Geez someone hasn't been listening to Hard Candy...

mmmm..not...........i was licking it!

M Tribe forum:

2lj2cmb.jpg

Yes it's something like that.

Apparently she performs a lot on the round stage.

She does a lot of things on the round stage, like a part of Vogue and the end of Like A Prayer, so I'm not really sure where's the best place to be.

Guest MoMadonnaboy

Not to bounce around subjects here but...

Has there been any information about the Tour Book for Sticky and Sweet yet? Were the new photo shoots for that, just the videos, or both? :think:

Nope, nothing on the tour book photoshoot

just that Munro shot it and there some boxing themed images that will be part of a vid screen

but nothing else too specific like during the RIT photoshoot

Guest Danny86

I think the photoshoot happened quite a while ago already. They said most of the pix in the tourbook are from that session and the "Die Another Day" interlude is set to that. So it was like the Klein 2006 session, she got the video and the pix at the same time.