Sticky & Sweet tour rumours II

Andra

Guest Danny86
Well, with BAT, GS and DWT, the second act was by far the highlight of each of those tours. it's the one that usually has an arc/theme (and a strong one at that)- but that didn't relaly hold true with RIT (, well, from AL to EY was cool, but then she had those two relatively uneventful stands-there-and-plays-guitar performances). CT had Confessions/LTT/FLove (I forget what was after that off top of my head).

"Isaac" / "Sorry" / "Like It Or Not" :) They were quite theatrical still. For RIT I always thought act 2 was actually act 3, with the death scene and all.

It seems we're not getting a theatrical segment this time around, as the boxing segment seems to be all dance. It doesn't mean she won't have theatrical elements thrown here and there though.

^ Yes- the DADay/Lament was effective, like soemthing that would be in an Act 2. But, HP and D&Deeper didn't really tie to them at all, unless I'm missing something. Maybe HP was supposed to represent her naughty behavior as an artist, and then D&D- was Erotca era- dunno... I'm a-reachin' here.

Guest LoveAngelMusicBaby
i love how everyone complains, as if they have already seen the tour, shut the fuck up already

Yeah, I just reported your post, and a few others were irked at ur cursing.

Free speech, we can say whatever as long as it's legal and falls within certain boundaries.

Cursing is far worse than "complaining."

Get a clue. Yep. K. Gr8. Uh huh. luv ya, yep.

bye.

she gets a big :thumbsup: for "You Must Love Me" like the song or not,it's one she has not done since 1993 ,actually one she HAS NEVER DONE,it's an oscar winner its a gold single,people will know it,,,,cuz WE ALL KNOW we could have gotten a Muslim mumba polka renditon of "Did u do it" guitar version,,be thankful for small favors! :)

Wasn't it done on Idol recently, causing the Madonna song to sell decently at itunes for a week? Maybe she heard about that and decided people were interested in it.

You're being sarcastic, right? Madonna is giving LN the biggest tours they could imagine by a female artist, canceling them would be the biggest mistake ever.

Anyway, here's the updated setlist as per MTribe:

1st segment (candy?)

1. Candy Shop

2. Beat Goes On (featuring Kanye West & Pharrell Williams on video screens)

3. Human Nature (featuring Britney Spears on video screens)

4. Vogue (featuring samples from "4 Minutes" & "Promiscuous")

5. Die Another Day (video interlude)

2nd segment (boxing)

6. Into The Groove (with "Jump" snippet)

7. Borderline

8. Heartbeat

9. She's Not Me

10. Music ("Put Your Hands Up For Detroit" mash-up)

11. Rain (video interlude featuring sample from "Here Comes The Rain Again")

3rd segment (acoustic/Spanish?)

12. Devil Wouldn't Recognize You

13. Spanish Lesson

14. Miles Away

15. La Isla Bonita / Lela Pala Tute

16. You Must Love Me

17. Give It 2 Me (video interlude)

4th segment (rock/dance?)

18. 4 Minutes (featuring Justin Timberlake on video screens)

19. Impressive Instant (likely to be replaced by "Like A Prayer vs Don't You Want Me")

20. Ray Of Light

21. Hung Up

22. Give It 2 Me

YAY for Die Another Day.... :dramatic:

If the concert sounds anything like justin's last show musically, I'm all for it.

Regarless of the set list I'm sure kevin antunes is going to do a great job with the song arrangements.

I really feel sorry for all of u bitchin bout the tour. too bad u are not going to enjoy it. I know I am!

Better yet so your $350 don't go to waste, Donate your tickets to a needy queen. I'm sure they'll apreciate it.

Guest northernlad
Regarless of the set list I'm sure kevin antunes is going to do a great job with the song arrangements.

*giggle*

that one.. he's a regular MIDAS

Also, YMLM did increase in sales after American Idol.

when was it on AI?

I totally heart YOU MUST LOVE ME...I am Koo Koo for coco puffs for that song....Hooray!!!!!! :dramatic:

Guest Danny86
^ Yes- the DADay/Lament was effective, like soemthing that would be in an Act 2. But, HP and D&Deeper didn't really tie to them at all, unless I'm missing something. Maybe HP was supposed to represent her naughty behavior as an artist, and then D&D- was Erotca era- dunno... I'm a-reachin' here.

I think it's something like just a showgirl being naughty and then getting punished but the choice still being hers to die. Wasn't Madonna just lamenting that she did not get the role in Chicago? :p Anyway, it's not like DWT act 2 had a deeper story, she was just being a geisha who was treated wrong but then fought back. Conceptually, act 2 BAT was tied, but there was no real story either.

Guest traherne

I'm glad she's doing the boxing theme, but the songs don't seem to go with it at all - I mean, Borderline? Human Nature would have been such a perfect fit.

The tour is a month from now, not even, a MONTH.

We'll start getting youtube vids of it all, so I'm sure we'll be able to judge it even better then, but I just have my doubts.

1)Just look at her, and all the rumors that she's been under stress

2)DID YOU HEAR HER DURING THE HC PROMO TOUR?

3)HC PROMO TOUR

I fear for this tour, and my $375 seat lol.

well...she is at top geer...she is preparing a tour...she doesen t have time to have some stupid discusions about her merrige....its her private life and there is no reason why she should pretend around the globe....

she is working hard and everything will be fine...she doesen t have a time to full around in some beautifull outfits...and ofcourse she is so much over with some posers....

Guest Danny86
I'm glad she's doing the boxing theme, but the songs don't seem to go with it at all - I mean, Borderline? Human Nature would have been such a perfect fit.

I was also wondering about "Borderline" in the boxing section. Maybe its gonna be an uptempo version after all?

Guest LoveAngelMusicBaby
me too

I had to edit this.

I'm upset.

You guys are mean. :serenade: Kumbayaaa my lord, Kumbayaaaaa.

Can't we just get along? :serenade::serenade::serenade:

HOw could you be so CRUEL?

Edited by LoveAngelMusicBaby

Guest LoveAngelMusicBaby
If the concert sounds anything like justin's last show musically, I'm all for it.

I really feel sorry for all of u bitchin bout the tour. too bad u are not going to enjoy it. I know I am!

Better yet so your $350 don't go to waste, Donate your tickets to a needy queen. I'm sure they'll apreciate it.

I'm going to enjoy the tour regardless, hey it's an M tour. But,

Music and give it 2 me and possibly hung up, being the same as the promo tour? I dunno.

Candy Shop I'm sure will be similar too. All in all, it all sounds like it might be a mess.

Guys, really, if you're gonna be Barney and Friends positive over EVERYTHING she does, ....go to a kid forum,

this forum might be a tad too realistic for you, and with all the negative stuff,

it might depress or upset you.

Really, you guys act like you're from the school of Disney sometimes. M is not an imperfect god!

No wait, let me edit that:

M is not an imperfect god.

My screen name stands for

"Love, Always, My Baby,"

Not LAMB, and no connection with the artist known as Gwen Stefani.

I'm a loving person!

:vanitybonet:

Guest LoveAngelMusicBaby

Seriously though about the tour,

I'm going,..It will be fun.

But I won't be holding up a flashlight or waving my hands for "you must love me."

:scared:

well think about it though.

The way every song on the Confessions Promo Tour was performed was almost identical to the way they were performed on the World Tour. Why is this a surprise?

Guest LoveAngelMusicBaby

It's not a surprise, just seems like a lack of effort.

I just read Chris Ciccone's book right now too, and I must say that he described her Drowned World And RIT tours as a bit dark, depressing, moody, angry, and not connecting with the audience. He said the Confessions Tour was a bit better.

I have noticed that too.

Madonna just seems like she does the tours just to do them, and there's no creativity, passion, or .....spirit to them as much as i guess the past offered.

I'm not surprised my dear stranger/friend, I'm just...a bit saddened at the lack of "effort."

But I will 1-800-confess to this: I'll be in my $370 front section seat, screaming up and down and being happy, and obviously soaking it all in and enjoying myself.

Regardless if it sucks or not. It's M afterall. We love her

Guest northernlad

I think it sounds great - the frustration in the lyrics is perfect for a boxing segment, in that right it makes more sense than any other song in the section. Based on the song choices it's obviously not going to be as conceptualised as say the DW geisha segment, but on paper it looks to be one of the best dance segments she's ever had.

It's not a surprise, just seems like a lack of effort.

Madonna just seems like she does the tours just to do them, and there's no creativity, passion, or .....spirit to them as much as i guess the past offered.

I'm not surprised my dear stranger/friend, I'm just...a bit saddened at the lack of "effort."

WHAT THE FUCK IS WRONG WITH YOU?

Guest LoveAngelMusicBaby
WHAT THE FUCK IS WRONG WITH YOU?

Let me explain!

I was JUST WATCHING THE GIRLIE SHOW, BLONDE AMBITION on DVD,,

then i popped in dwt, reinvention, confessions.

all were great in their own right,...but

the latter three PALED IN COMPARISON in certain degrees.

I then watched the ROSELAND PROMO TOUR!!! IT had amazing dancing but was just......not really that great.

What you want me to say IT WAS ALL AMAZING??? I don't agree or think it was. what are you NAZI!?!?!?!?

If I don't agree you're going to bold your words and scream at me??!?! Jeeeez. wtf is wrong with YOU!!??!?!

CHILL OUT

Who the F are you, Jamie King or one of her tour choreographers or something!?!?!?!?! If yes, then I could understand your frustration at my distasteful stance but sh9t, ur probably just another nobody, so,

shaddup, it's a public forum. we can say what we want within reason.

If you're CURSING at me, (which i JUST reported)

you're more of a bad guy than I. Thanks. K. bye.