and what about Vogue?

Nessie

She did sing Vogue live on BAT over a back track which is what she often does. You even see her in 'In Bed with Madonna' coming off stage saying 'Definitely one of the all time worst' around the time they discuss her throat problems.

She's always sung live over her recorded vocals. That's fine as it just helps the performance. I would much sooner have the GS performance vocals than the bland RIT one. I thought that Vogue performance was very uninspired.

No idea what she will do for this performance though. So long as it is not the rumoured folk version and she pulls out a banjo we should be ok. I just hope she just doesn't do a straight version of the song.

Wouldn't that be the ultimate Madonna revenge? Do all the classics everyone has been clamoring for, Borderline, Open Your Heart, all of them and as the fan are creaming themselves over the setlist, she sticks them all in the guitar section and performs them ALONE. THIS IS WHAT IT SOUNDS LIKE IN MY BRAIN GGGKGGGKGGKNNNNKKGGGKKK

Guest Pud Whacker
On the audio for THE GIRLIE SHOW i still have taped from the Radio at Wembley Stadium, you can hear her singing over the recorded vocal in Vogue

Not as badly as FEVER though, which she originally sang over the recorded vocal BADLY

oh make an mp3 lecter!!!!

She sings it live in the BA rehearsals, she doesn't sing the whole song but she does sing quite a bit and it's 100% live with no backing track helping her.

Guest thehiltonsuite
I hope she lips to the original recording. That mess on Re-Invention sounded like bad nasal karaoke.

No no. The pre-recorded vocals on RIT were better for the concert. I HATE when they lip right from the CD.

Guest Danny86
those are totally lipped. the entire song. not just pieces.

Yes they are. I believe "Erotica", "Vogue" & "Justify My Love" (except the ending) on TGS were always like that.

Guest Pud Whacker
Yes they are. I believe "Erotica", "Vogue" & "Justify My Love" (except the ending) on TGS were always like that.

si, senor. i agree.

yeah she's got to come up with something really insanely fresh for Vogue. i hope those nelly mashup rumours are just that...rumours.

i wonder how much influence timbaland has with the musical direction of this tour? it seems she is borrowing from his work a lot.

Guest boytoyville
Headset?

UM

NO THANKS

ITS NOT 1990

UH

It's all about the headset! It's not "old school" at all. She doesn't need to use a huge one like on the BA tour. The re-invention tour one was really nice & they have ones that blend in that you don't even notice (like in most boradway shows). Fact is she can't so any major dance routines without it Like Vogue & Re-Invention & I really miss FULL ON ROUTINES LIKE THAT! That was the biggest dissapoint for me in terms of the Confessions Tour.

Guest Pud Whacker
This is Vogue as live as it gets, from the Blond Ambition rehearsals, she doesn't sing the whole song but i love it anyway:

http://www.mediafire.com/?whezlzxurty

oh, im loving this gus!!! never heard it before. thanks!!! band is great so is the BASS.

wow, the only time A LIVE MOVIE STAR RAP!!!! :thumbsup:

wow that was so awesome to hear! she could actually sing it live somewhat...i wonder why she didn't do it live at any point yet. surely she could have done it live in RIT with her 'new' voice right?

you think the band will be mostly live this time around? i would love to hear all these songs done with a live band

Guest waiting
It's all about the headset! It's not "old school" at all. She doesn't need to use a huge one like on the BA tour. The re-invention tour one was really nice & they have ones that blend in that you don't even notice (like in most boradway shows). Fact is she can't so any major dance routines without it Like Vogue & Re-Invention & I really miss FULL ON ROUTINES LIKE THAT! That was the biggest dissapoint for me in terms of the Confessions Tour.

Agreed. If you ask me holding a microphone is so archaic. One day people are going to look back and say, "those poor souls have to sing holding that phallic device!" They should have things where you cant see by now with current technology.

Agreed. If you ask me holding a microphone is so archaic. One day people are going to look back and say, "those poor souls have to sing holding that phallic device!" They should have things where you cant see by now with current technology.

:lmao:

Guest Danny86

On the other hand, holding and singing with a microphone in one hand is part of the performance. If Madonna is using a headset, both of her hands are free so she'd have to be doing more elaborate choreographies and that might be challenging when it's about more than a couple of songs. I think she decided well when she used the microphone for the whole CT.

that's just it....we want her to do more elaborate choreography for all the songs

having her hands free works wonders

Guest Danny86
that's just it....we want her to do more elaborate choreography for all the songs

having her hands free works wonders

Yeah but she's 50 now, I don't think she could handle many elaborate choreography, and she has to lipsynch anyway, headset or not.