MEMO TO MADONNA: We hate the rock version of "Hung Up"

Apples388

OK, bitch?

So

Next

Honestly, I know she doesn't read magazines or papers or troll through her forums but it one of her minions happens to perchance stumble upon our little dent in the Madonna online universe I hope they find this thread.

And I hope I will subsequently inspire my fellow gheys and girls here to spew out all their bile right here for this abomination of a"reinvention" of a song that is already a Madonna classic.

if she did it like the archigram remix it would be one thing but just throwing guitar riffs over the album version is definitely a cop out i agree

maybe she'll do a better arrangement for the actual tour. maybe they were just working out the kinks still

Signed. "Hung Up" is ace, keep the lame rock shit far the fuck away.

SIGNED.

the ROCK VERSION was less than mediocre.......it was amateur PATHETiC...

i was embarassed for her .......and for me. :americanlife:

It's not my favorite version....but, I didn't think it was THAT bad. If anything, it showed Madonna's growth on her guitar.

please

no hung up

ray of light

music

la isla

or

you must love me...

replace these with

Rescue me

Keep it together

where's the party

and

who's that girl/ causing a commotion

Guest rocketman

i agree the rock mix of hung up is dreadful.

and i am way sick of ray of light,music and la isla bonita.

deeper and deeper, rain, and who's that girl would have been better additions.

SIGNED.

the ROCK VERSION was less than mediocre.......it was amateur PATHETiC...

i was embarassed for her .......and for me. :americanlife:

You people are LAME!!! Madonna is NOT one to perform EXACTLY what's on the record. Madonna LOVEs and embraces change. Come on people, be open minded! How often has Madonna let us down on any of her tours? I really thought as her hardcore fans we were more progressive in our thinking and just enjoy the ride that is Madonna LIVE!

Guest SuperPop

you never mess with a dance classic and tranform it into a faux rock ,abysmal sounding, song

BRING THE ORIGINAL BACK (or at least a reinvention that WORKS)

I guess it all comes down to personal taste. Although, thank GOD she revamped "Like A Virgin" for the Blond Ambition tour. Madonna took a chance and fucking NAILED it.

Personally, I was a bit pissed that when she FINALLY released a "Live" album, she gave us "Vogue", the Immaculate Collection version. Nothing new or "re-invented" about it.

Madonna's fans already have Hung Up on CD, Video & Live to enjoy. Why on earth would she want to repeat herself? Madonna challenges people (not just her fans) as opposed to boring them. It's called being an ARTIST.

Those of you hoping for a Madonna RE-VISITED tour, more power to you. I on the other hand, will be thrilled by anything new Madonna throws at us. :thumbsup:

signed! I HATE the rock version of HU!

Guest Danny86
I guess it all comes down to personal taste. Although, thank GOD she revamped "Like A Virgin" for the Blond Ambition tour. Madonna took a chance and fucking NAILED it.

Personally, I was a bit pissed that when she FINALLY released a "Live" album, she gave us "Vogue", the Immaculate Collection version. Nothing new or "re-invented" about it.

Madonna's fans already have Hung Up on CD, Video & Live to enjoy. Why on earth would she want to repeat herself? Madonna challenges people (not just her fans) as opposed to boring them. It's called being an ARTIST.

Those of you hoping for a Madonna RE-VISITED tour, more power to you. I on the other hand, will be thrilled by anything new Madonna throws at us. :thumbsup:

While I agree with you 100%, the rock version of "Hung Up" is not just an idea on paper that the fans are fully against. It already premiered on the promo tour, and it simply didn't work. I'm really not afraid of Madonna trying new things, but this reinvention was a misstep. So that's why I also say SIGNED!