Roger Friedman: Is Madonna Being Sabotaged?

Queen Bitch

I would say Madonna is the one that didnt do any of the promoting. She did those gigs but that was pretty much just to wet everyones whistle for the tour it seemed. Who knows if the reason for this is sour grapes from Madonna toward Warner or vice versa though. Just put on a good tour Madonna. Thats all I care about right now.

Well,at least Madonna is done with Warners.As far as she's concerned,the Warner era is over and done with.Screw them!

ARE WE NOT GONNA GET A 3RD VIDEO/SINGLE ? IF M IS REHEARSING AND THEN ON TOUR...WHEN WILL SHE MAKE ANOTHER VIDEO? AND WILL SHE WANT TO AFTER HER WB EXILE ????????????????????????????????/

:tongue::tongue::tongue::americanlife::tongue::tongue::tongue:

As shit as the promotion has been, I find it hard to believe that Warners would want to sabotage/launch a smear campaign against their biggest act. They own her entire back catalogue which they'll PLUNDER RELENTLESSLY once she's left them. It's in their interests for her to continue as a touring act.

As shit as the promotion has been, I find it hard to believe that Warners would want to sabotage/launch a smear campaign against their biggest act. They own her entire back catalogue which they'll PLUNDER RELENTLESSLY once she's left them. It's in their interests for her to continue as a touring act.

GReAT POINT.

i think she'll do promotion right before the tour, interviews with Letterman, Larry King, The View..

people I know who are not big Madonna fans but fans have no idea shes doing a tour.

Yeah, for her next documentary........

I would say Madonna is the one that didnt do any of the promoting. She did those gigs but that was pretty much just to wet everyones whistle for the tour it seemed. Who knows if the reason for this is sour grapes from Madonna toward Warner or vice versa though. Just put on a good tour Madonna. Thats all I care about right now.

I totally disagree and can't fathom why fans keep saying this about Madonna, especially this album around. What about all the interviews she did with radio, magazines and internet promotion? I'm sorry, but she's done more promotion (especially in the U.S.) for this album than she's done in a long time with the exception of the American Life release. I do agree that she could have done some televised appearances, but I think she's done a hell of a lot of promotion for this album. Yet, I really see nothing from WARNERS in promotion which makes no sense because I agree that it wouldn't be in their best interest to sabotage an act like Madonna. But what have they've done really??

I just remember back in the day, it was rare to see Madonna to pop up for an interview or radio interview to promote her latest album. If she did, it always tied to a movie. It wasn't until the release of RAY OF LIGHT when she started doing a lot of televised promotion. Then with the release of MUSIC album, she started doing promotional gigs.

I'm not saying Madonna can't do more, but I am not going to say she did nothing when she did much more than she used to ever do. And as usual, where is Warners???

ARE WE NOT GONNA GET A 3RD VIDEO/SINGLE ? IF M IS REHEARSING AND THEN ON TOUR...WHEN WILL SHE MAKE ANOTHER VIDEO? AND WILL SHE WANT TO AFTER HER WB EXILE ????????????????????????????????/

:tongue::tongue::tongue::americanlife::tongue::tongue::tongue:

anyone?

I totally disagree and can't fathom why fans keep saying this about Madonna, especially this album around. What about all the interviews she did with radio, magazines and internet promotion? I'm sorry, but she's done more promotion (especially in the U.S.) for this album than she's done in a long time with the exception of the American Life release. I do agree that she could have done some televised appearances, but I think she's done a hell of a lot of promotion for this album. Yet, I really see nothing from WARNERS in promotion which makes no sense because I agree that it wouldn't be in their best interest to sabotage an act like Madonna. But what have they've done really??

I just remember back in the day, it was rare to see Madonna to pop up for an interview or radio interview to promote her latest album. If she did, it always tied to a movie. It wasn't until the release of RAY OF LIGHT when she started doing a lot of televised promotion. Then with the release of MUSIC album, she started doing promotional gigs.

I'm not saying Madonna can't do more, but I am not going to say she did nothing when she did much more than she used to ever do. And as usual, where is Warners???

Are u kidding me? even before COADF was released and especially during the whole Confessions era, Madonna and promotion for her album was ALL OVER THE PLACE.

This time around there's very little to get excited about, everything is quiet. U can't say she did much more than she used to ever do, wtf, she barely done ANYTHING.

Are u kidding me? even before COADF was released and especially during the whole Confessions era, Madonna and promotion for her album was ALL OVER THE PLACE.

This time around there's very little to get excited about, everything is quiet. U can't say she did much more than she used to ever do, wtf, she barely done ANYTHING.

Actually, you're arguing the wrong case with me. But yes, I think she's done more promotion for this album in the U.S. alone than she did for Confessions. I don't recall all the radio interviews and magazine interviews during the last album. But yes, Warners did do a little more promotion for Confessions than what they did here... such as getting Madonna involved in the 1-800-Confesss line and plastering the posters and number all over the place.

And I agree everything is quiet, but let's remember Madonna is rehearsing for a tour. It's the first time in a long time she's actually went out on tour within a few months release of an album. Most every time she's gone out on tour was usually a year after the album's released. So she's putting all her energy in the current tour. This is where Warners should step in and do some things to hype up the album.

Let's not forget, Madonna needn't to do much promotion in the past to sell her albums. But within in this last decade, she's has done much more than she's ever done in the past decades.

Guest Pud Whacker

my favorite bit:

And Dodger Stadium? Those Angelenos are just mellow. They’ll get to it in time. :rotfl:

Madonna always sells slower in LA than in some other markets (NY, CHICAGO). It will sell out.

I haven't bought an LA ticket yet and I live in LA.

Like everyone else in LA, I'm waiting to see if my freebies come through before I spend my own money.

FROM JOSSIP NYC

Who’s Launching an All-Out Assault on Madonna?

Music math

While we sort of expected to see another rant from Roger Friedman about the newest cover of TV Guide — still no Tim Russert, but plenty of reality TV stars — we were turned on by his rumormongering about who might be behind the anti-Madonna reports that have been popping up lately.

Friedman, as he so often does with the New York Post, is battling back against the paper’s report yesterday that concert ticket sales have been sluggish for her upcoming Sticky & Sweet tour. Though Madonna has racked up $74 million in sales for 13 European dates, the Post says “just over half of the 43,000 seats available for a Nov. 6 date at Los Angeles’ Dodger Stadium - 27,000 tickets in all - have been sold in their first three weeks of availability, raising red flags about the limits of US demand for the 49-year-old Madonna at this stage of her career.”

Worth mentioning: This is her first tour with Live Nation, which signed a $120 million “360″ deal that covers all of Madonna’s recording, touring, and merchandising, though these mega-deals have also led to reports (also from the Post) of massive layoffs at the company to follow chairman Michael Cohl’s ouster.

But Friedman, a regular Madonna foe (don’t get him started on her Kabbalah), notes, “Dodger Stadium is the only venue Madonna hasn’t sold out. Of course, the show isn’t for five months. The fact that she’s sold half the stadium now for November is pretty darn impressive.”

So if that’s the case, and many of her shows are selling out in minutes (like her three dates at Madison Square Garden), how does the Post manage to print the headline “Madonna Sale$ Sag: Live Nation Defends Limp Response to Her U.S. Tour”?

Because Warner Music, which lost Madonna to Live Nation, has been on a tear planting negative stories about their expiring artist, says Friedman.

“WMG, as I predicted, has done little to nothing to promote Madonna’s ‘Hard Candy’ album as retribution for her exit to Live Nation. That a CD with a hit single, the Justin Timberlake-Michael Jackson sound-alike duet “4 Minutes to Save the World,” has sold only 500,000 copies is an utter disgrace. But WMG only has itself to blame.

“It didn’t take a rocket scientist to predict this. WMG has just this and a greatest hits album left with Madonna, and then she’s gone. Her departure is a huge embarrassment to the ailing, much-mocked record company.”

Guest thehiltonsuite

There's another article in the NY Daily News that says Janet Jackson's concert tickets are selling well, while Madonna is off to a slow start. That's so stupid, when Madonna has sold 5 times more tickets!! She's gonna break the record she set with the Confessions Tour, yet Janet Jackson is doing better!

Guest Pud Whacker
There's another article in the NY Daily News that says Janet Jackson's concert tickets are selling well, while Madonna is off to a slow start. That's so stupid, when Madonna has sold 5 times more tickets!! She's gonna break the record she set with the Confessions Tour, yet Janet Jackson is doing better!

i think thats the one rogers addressing. you know its starts in one article and hten it spreads. the other was new york times?

Guest jamesshot

Its odd he chose to write something positive. Hmmm. I don't trust the fucker.

But, how incredibly crazy that anyone can still be called a "journalist" and say her tour is off to a slow start.

99.9999999999999999999% of all artists cannot come close to selling what Madonna does. How many fucking acts can move 27,000 tix in LA? No very fucking many.

LOL at Roger calling someone out on planting nagative Madonna stories! Isn't that his job?

He's probably just trying to cause problems for Madonna and Warner or something along those lines, I doubt they planted that story... it's not like it's so unusual for the press to turn Madonna saving babies from fire into something negative.

But, how incredibly crazy that anyone can still be called a "journalist" and say her tour is off to a slow start.

The total lack of logic and the over-the-top quality of the negative articles certainly make the sabotage theory ALMOST plausible. :crazy::wacko::sneaky:

Yeah I saw that article and it is ridiculous! In fact,Janet's tour hasn't soldout anywhere so far.In all the major markets,she hasn't even bothered to schedule additional shows,because none of the first shows have sold out! It's very likely that she will be playing alot of one-nighters,due to lack of interest.

Roger Friedman is a pathetic asshole and he can go fuck himself tho. I think we all know what he wrote to an Mtribe member who sent him an email months ago.

"Dear Fan of Esther:

Please tell your group of obsessed friends that their constant emails will not stop what I write about Madonna. I can end her career in a hearbeat and will. Perhaps you should learn to listen to real music.

Madonna is a talentless, old, goat tooth hag who will hopefully have the same fate as John Lennon. Only his soul rests in peace; hers will roll in Hell."

:|

^

Yes, because there is no doubt he wrote that :1251: That's one of the biggest hoaxes ever this side of Aisha!

Roger has his own personal issues with Kaballah, Warner Brothers and others. I wouldn't take him seriously at all.

What I don't get is why Warner wouldn't promote it? Whether Madonna is leaving or not, wouldn't they rather make as much money as possible off of her before she leaves? I don't understand this mentality that they have just given up on her because she's going to LiveNation. They could still make some money if they wanted to...and why wouldn't they want to? I don't understand.

Guest Caresse Henry

Isn't it fantastic when busy people like Roger Friedman and myself have some spare time to post in Madonna related threads? :rosey:

Guest nothingfails0603

so I take it someone on Madonna's team has put him on her payroll?

Funny how a few months ago he was praying for a Lennon-type assassination, and now he's a fan who thinks she puts on a good show and Warner sucks?

Roger Friedman is a pathetic asshole and he can go fuck himself tho. I think we all know what he wrote to an Mtribe member who sent him an email months ago.

"Dear Fan of Esther:

Please tell your group of obsessed friends that their constant emails will not stop what I write about Madonna. I can end her career in a hearbeat and will. Perhaps you should learn to listen to real music.

Madonna is a talentless, old, goat tooth hag who will hopefully have the same fate as John Lennon. Only his soul rests in peace; hers will roll in Hell."

:|

I HIGHLY DOUBT he really sent that... sounds more like a MADGE LOON trying to get shit stated because he doesn't like her :manson:

So if that’s the case, and many of her shows are selling out in minutes (like her three dates at Madison Square Garden), how does the Post manage to print the headline “Madonna Sale$ Sag: Live Nation Defends Limp Response to Her U.S. Tour”?

the negative thing is the headline... but if you read the article, it's quite balanced... "SAG and LIMP RESPONSE" as a description to the US tour isn't exactly precise and definitely misleading...