THE WEMBLEY AND CARDIFF STADIUM GIGS

DIRTY PIG

I guess many fans are like me, they want to go, but arent paying extortionate prices to see a dot on the stage

I guess many fans are like me, they want to go, but arent paying extortionate prices to see a dot on the stage

It's quite easy 2 get 2 a decent spot when u have standing tickets... She won't b a dot if u make the effort.

So if u try, it might b a great & cheap opportunity :fag:

Yep, she has pissed people off by charging too much and for that privilage she is hardly playing any of her classic hits that she hasn't performed for years.

It not helping HC sales either. If her prices were priced more realistic for the size of the stadium she could have sold out 2 nights and probably shifted more copies of HC.

WELL

I HAVE GOLDEN CIRCLE FOR OPENING NIGHT

I WILL BE CAMPIN OUT THERE

THE NIGHT BEFORE

AND YOU BET YOUR AZZ

I WILL SEE THAT WHORE'S NASAL HAIRS

EVEN IF I HAVE TO WHORE MY AZZ TO GET TO THE FRONT

OOPS HAVE I SAID TOO MUCH

UH

WELL

I HAVE GOLDEN CIRCLE FOR OPENING NIGHT

I WILL BE CAMPIN OUT THERE

THE NIGHT BEFORE

AND YOU BET YOUR AZZ

I WILL SEE THAT WHORE'S NASAL HAIRS

EVEN IF I HAVE TO WHORE MY AZZ TO GET TO THE FRONT

OOPS HAVE I SAID TOO MUCH

UH

did u go Cardiff Last time? The stage is usually higher..

being 2 close is not always the best thing at stadium gigs...

btw does anyone know how big these Golden Circles r? Bitch prolly wants half the stadium 2 b golden circle.

Guest boytoyville

All of GA is gone, they actually just released new tix to the side of teh stage because the sight lines are better than thought. Otherwise they only have tic left at the very back of the arena.

did u go Cardiff Last time? The stage is usually higher..

being 2 close is not always the best thing at stadium gigs...

btw does anyone know how big these Golden Circles r? Bitch prolly wants half the stadium 2 b golden circle.

The stage was high in Rome too.

Really, this time I think it's going to stay far away lol

I gave golde circles for Nice and Paris btw.

According to ticket news 64,000 tickets for the Wembley show have been sold. No figures for Cardiff.

http://www.ticketnews.com/Sticky-Sweet-ind...-million7891234

That's pretty poor for Madonna's standards. The promoters completely fucked this up. They were obviously banking on two nights at Wembley. They must be feeling very sorry for themselves. And as for Cardiff... serves the idiots right if that fails to sell out as well.

That's pretty poor for Madonna's standards. The promoters completely fucked this up. They were obviously banking on two nights at Wembley. They must be feeling very sorry for themselves. And as for Cardiff... serves the idiots right if that fails to sell out as well.

They shouldn't have been so FUCKING GREEDY. She has completely alienated loads of fans who may have had the opportunity to

see on this tour had the prices been lower.

Guest boytoyville
According to ticket news 64,000 tickets for the Wembley show have been sold. No figures for Cardiff.

http://www.ticketnews.com/Sticky-Sweet-ind...-million7891234

Thanks so much for posting! Great article! I'm pretty sure that 67,000 tickets is nothing to cry about lol. I think they did just right pricing how they did. The tour is still well over Month away from starting & I'm sure there are only 10,000 tix still available at the very most for Wembely. I swear you would think some people at this forum were working for Roger Freeman!

Thanks so much for posting! Great article! I'm pretty sure that 67,000 tickets is nothing to cry about lol. I think they did just right pricing how they did. The tour is still well over Month away from starting & I'm sure there are only 10,000 tix still available at the very most for Wembely. I swear you would think some people at this forum were working for Roger Freeman!

I agree that 67,000 tickets is good, but this is Madonna's standards we are talking about. 67,000 is poor compared to the +80,000 tickets she sold for London's CT, 80,000 for RIT (following a 'flop' album) and 100,000 tickets for DWT at Earl's Ct. OK each tour is delivered to a different financial and fan market and DWT sold like hot cakes because she had been away for so long (and the prices were 'reasonable') but it is pretty clear that Live Nation were expecting to add a second night at Wembley on the 13th and in promotion terms it's embarrassing. They have signed Madonna as an investment that will always return and in one of her biggest markets - she hasn't.

For people who care - be it fans or journalists wanting to take a swipe - this is bad news for Madonna.

I don't think anyone has overestimated Madonna's popularity, but the promoters have certainly overestimated how much people are prepared to pay to see her. You cannot charge arena sized prices for stadiums. Wembley arena is so small it would fit on the pitch of the stadium. Even punters with pitch side tickets for £160 are going to see f*** all, unless she pulls a whopper out of the bag with a new stage design that makes her visible to everyone so these ticket prices are unjustified. Quite why the golden circle tickets are cheaper than pitch side seats I'll never know.

Some friends of mine have been thinking of going to see her. When they heard about Wembley they said they'd come with me but when they heard the prices they just laughed. One night at Wembley stadium is better than none at all, but lets face it, this is one big screw up. LiveNation acted like they were doing the UK a favour when they said "tickets will be the same price as last year". Yes, all well and good, but the venue is worse :electropop:

Guest Danny86

While it's nothing tragic and Madonna is not going to sing to a half empty stadium, you really have to accept that LN wanted more. Everybody was talking about a second date at Wembley even before the dates were officially announced, and they ended up adding another one in Paris to a venue which has more or less the same capacity. Paris sold out but London never did. These 2 are supposedly Madonna's biggest markets in Europe, so if Paris managed to get another date, then London is obviously underperforming.

After the tour opens in Cardiff, I think most of the London tickets will be sold anyway, so she's gonna perform to a sell out crowd. But you can't deny that Madonna was meant to have another date in London. Even George Michael performed twice in Wembley Stadium!

She's definitely under performed in the UK - even at the height of the Erotica backlash she managed to sell out two nights at Wembley Stadium - Cardiff for the opening night was as DUMB AS FUCK - she could have easily sold out two nights at Wembley, even at those prices, had she opened the tour there.

Cardiff for the opening night was as DUMB AS FUCK

Yep. What were they thinking :zombie: ? Why don't they add a night in Wrexham while they're at it.