Sticky & Sweet tour rumours

LoveBoxx

So, no word on whether "Borderline" is still part of the set? I'm waiting to make my decision, but it may not be until after the start of the tour.

LAP on BAT was a dance version, so no harm there, really.

So, no word on whether "Borderline" is still part of the set? I'm waiting to make my decision, but it may not be until after the start of the tour.

LAP on BAT was a dance version, so no harm there, really.

Hmm..but this one implies another mash up of sorts..

More awful rumours from Tribe:

LAP is indeed going to replace a song, unfortunately, but not one of the classics. It will be a dance version, sort of like the Madhouse cover, but better of course (it will be done like Music Fedde Le Grand, on the base of another song). And of course the lovely Nicky Richard will sing the Niki Harris bit.

:megamanson:

:(

ay ay ay this tour

LAP is indeed going to replace a song, unfortunately, but not one of the classics. It will be a dance version, sort of like the Madhouse cover, but better of course (it will be done like Music Fedde Le Grand, on the base of another song). And of course the lovely Nicky Richard will sing the Niki Harris bit.

Just looked on tribe and didnt see this part. Link?

Just looked on tribe and didnt see this part. Link?

The webmaster on the forum...

anyway..they could b full of shit..

New Niki 4 one does not have a typical soul-mama voice,

well, from what I've heard at least.

So, I don't c her doing it Alpha Niki/Siedah style. :fag:

The webmaster on the forum...

anyway..they could b full of shit..

New Niki 4 one does not have a typical soul-mama voice,

well, from what I've heard at least.

So, I don't c her doing it Alpha Niki/Siedah style. :fag:

I'm sure she's been foaming at the mouth to get to sing that solo..

ANOTHER mash up?! :americanlife:

I guess this tour is gonna have a theme of collaborations. Britney, Justin, Pharrell, Kanye, Timba, Fedde le grande, Nelly, whatever song LAP is based around.

Personally Madonna is all the star I need, and all these other artists will just be distractions. Let's see if it works..

The remixed versions on Confessions Tour were great - Music, Erotica, Like A Virgin were all remixed they for me were the best songs on the performance plus the way Lucky Star was mixed into Hung Up.

The dullest bits for me were the normal versions.

Madonna once said that she's not interested in doing the album versions of songs on tour because, in her words, if you want to hear the album version, you can just listen to the album. I've usually enjoyed the remixed versions, with a few horrible exceptions (Like a Virgin - Girlie Show, Deeper & Deeper - Reinvention).

But this tour is gonna suck monkey balls.

But, she's done lots of album versions (or versions close to it) on tour, so...

Anyhow, I loved LAV on GS- classic Madonna. I'm sure the casual fans hated it and didn't appreciate it, though.

But, she's done lots of album versions (or versions close to it) on tour, so...

Anyhow, I loved LAV on GS- classic Madonna. I'm sure the casual fans hated it and didn't appreciate it, though.

Well, I was certainly no casual fan when I saw it. I was an utterly obsessed 14 year old who didn't really understand what she was doing. I wanted the album version, or something similar.

Well, yeah, I could see a young teen not having a clue as to why she was performing LAV the way she did.

BTW- "Borderline" reportedly still is very much a part of the set. So yay.

Guest Pud Whacker
The remixed versions on Confessions Tour were great - Music, Erotica, Like A Virgin were all remixed they for me were the best songs on the performance plus the way Lucky Star was mixed into Hung Up.

The dullest bits for me were the normal versions.

you know whats funny? i always thought, minus deeper and deeper - that confessions was much more 'reinvented' than the RIT.

Well for those few tracks, yeah- but she did 10 COADF tracks, and then LTT and LAV pretty much were the original versions, with a couple tweaks.

On RIT, the only real reinvented tracks were D&D and Holiday. Everything else wasn't drastically off the originals.

Guest LoveAngelMusicBaby

Oh nooooooo, does this mean that Like A Prayer might replace Impressive Instant?!?? I think so b/c II is really the only non-hit song part of the final setlist, and well, I can't see it replacing Hung Up or Give it 2 me or 4 minutes, or whatever the other song is.

:Sigh:

NOOooOoo. Impressive Instant is such a hot song.

Replaced by an upbeat like a prayer? :scared:

I don't know. Hopefully it's an encore song all the way in the end or something.

LoveAngelMusic- that would be correct (or at least what the rumor is).

Like said, I love II, but am fine with a LAP replacement- that's one more classic, after all. So if it's that and the setlist remains as rumored, we have these Immaculate-era classics:

Borderline

Into the Groove

La Isla Bonita (sigh- love it but enough)

Like a Prayer

Vogue

That's actually 1 more classic than what was included on The Confessions Tour.

Guest LoveAngelMusicBaby

So which part of my question is correct, that Like a Prayer is DEFINTIELY replacing Impressive Instant?

^Si, si.

II would be high energy for the final section, but too left field of an inclusion (even for Madge!) Then again, we're talking about the woman who tossed DW/SFL and Paradise next to each other (in place of more classic singles) on the last tour.

For the 90s- if the setlist remains as rumored, we have these "classics":

Rain (Interlude)

Human Nature

You Must Love Me

Ray of Light

Am I missing anything? Then for the 2000s (not counting the HC tracks), there's:

Music

American Life single (Interlude)

Hung Up

Is there another interlude in which we don't know what it will be?

Guest LoveAngelMusicBaby

Blah this sucks. Oh well.

I guess we'll just have to wait to see what the final setlist is.