Sticky & Sweet tour rumours

LoveBoxx

MadonnaTribe has heard there has been a little change in the Sticky & Sweet Tour setlist. The 1989 classic song Like A Prayer, an all time fan favourite, has been recently added to the list of songs rehearsed by Madonna for the tour that were already reported by MadonnaTribe News.

It is still not clear at the moment if the song is an addition to the already existing setlist or if it will replace one of the previously mentioned songs.

Like A Prayer enters the setlist rehearsals along huge hits of the same caliber such as Vogue, Ray Of Light, Into The Groove, La Isla Bonita, Hung Up and Music.

if true, please be the album version... :dramatic:

Guest SuperPop
MadonnaTribe has heard there has been a little change in the Sticky & Sweet Tour setlist. The 1989 classic song Like A Prayer, an all time fan favourite, has been recently added to the list of songs rehearsed by Madonna for the tour that were already reported by MadonnaTribe News.

It is still not clear at the moment if the song is an addition to the already existing setlist or if it will replace one of the previously mentioned songs.

Like A Prayer enters the setlist rehearsals along huge hits of the same caliber such as Vogue, Ray Of Light, Into The Groove, La Isla Bonita, Hung Up and Music.

:wow: YAY

if tru..............Oh Hellz Ya!

Vogue, Into the Groove, Borderline, La Isla Bonita, Shes Not Me, and now Like a Prayer. Im just bout the happiest gay boy on the planet right now. :inlove: So Psyched

I only wish she we sing oh father on tour (has she ever?), i know its a longshot, but i LOVE that song!

i have decided to say NO MORE till after the first show!!! god help me! :nocomment::nocomment::nocomment::nocomment::nocomment::nocomment::nocomment:

if tru..............Oh Hellz Ya!

Vogue, Into the Groove, Borderline, La Isla Bonita, Shes Not Me, and now Like a Prayer. Im just bout the happiest gay boy on the planet right now. :inlove: So Psyched

I only wish she we sing oh father on tour (has she ever?), i know its a longshot, but i LOVE that song!

Yeah on Blond Ambition.

Step in the right direction. But we still need OYH and DYU at a minimum!

Exactly. I'm not excited about LAP, It will be like the acoustic version of RIT, wich was lame.

What acoustic version? The version on RIT wasn't just an acoustic guitar song, it had full instrumentation including drums. It wasn't so different from the original.

I'm so excited about Like A Prayer. That album was amazing and she really needs to do at least one song from that album. It was ignored on the Confessions Tour.

What acoustic version? The version on RIT wasn't just an acoustic guitar song, it had full instrumentation including drums. It wasn't so different from the original.

I'm so excited about Like A Prayer. That album was amazing and she really needs to do at least one song from that album. It was ignored on the Confessions Tour.

I was saying that I miss the album and BA version, that's the real LAP, that was energy, with a real band and music. Not the Stuart Price iTunes version used on the Live 8 show too. Kinda bland.

Yeah on Blond Ambition.

Step in the right direction. But we still need OYH and DYU at a minimum!

Just youtubed the Live To Tell/Oh Father performance from BA...WOW...such a commanding performance. FIERCE-ness!

Open Your Heart :thumbsup: . Man that would be such a nostalgia trip even though i was not even born yet when that song was released, ha.

Like a Prayer, Please perform! Unlike some or many of you, i have yet to see M perform live and hearing the iconic LAP would just send me to cloud nine. And if it is that RIT version,unlikely!, i still would not mind cause that version is amazing.

I think it's fucking stupid to include Britney so much in her show, what is this, Madonna's tour? or lets pay tribute to Britney tour? putting her on a screen video during Human Nature is awful enough. If she appears in one more song i swear i'll throw a fucking lollipop at the bitch! (at Vadge that is)

agreed

Britneys sugar is raw! You people just dont realise... its sticky and sweet. Plus she likes to get stupid so shes right up Madonnas alley.

:megamanson: :megamanson: :megamanson: :megamanson: :megamanson:

Guest Danny86
Long as "Borderline" remains on the list, excellent. It best have been an oversight on that list of classics.

It was written in the European point of view where "Borderline" wasn't as ACCLAIMED as the hits listed! ;)

:headbang::headbang::headbang::headbang::headbang:

yes, she needs to do the album version LAP

while i cant see that fitting in with the theme of the tour

it would be an AMAZING tour closer with a band and dancer introduction like in GST

we really don't know the theme of the tour yet

unless i missed something

the only themed mentioned was an 80's Hip-Hop theme.....but that couldve changed since that talk was during preliminary stages of the tour.

Exactly. I'm not excited about LAP, It will be like the acoustic version of RIT, wich was lame.

FAIR.

She needs to realise there's no possible melodic or production "re-arrangement" that will ever live up to the perfection of the original album version of LAP. Bitch better swallow her pride and perform this monster of a song properly, thus not soiling its legacy like that "crowd-pleasing", "tour-defining", headband-wearing version on the RIT.

Edited by Braby2007

How is Madonna supposed to do the album version of LAP when half of the song is a cappella?

A capella (adverb/adjective): A track containing only vocals - with no drums, melody or other accompaniment

Since when has the song ever been performed "a capella"?

BA was an embellished version of the album cut I believe, give or take. RIT still had an instrumental. What's your point?

Ahh, Danny, but "Borderline" is more acclaimed than "La Isla Bonita"- it wasn't as succesful chart-wise in Europe, but it has had more worldwide ACCLAIM. :)

True. Borderline is a jugernaut of a pop song. But it deserves a proper outing if it hasn't been performed in over 20 years. Lucky Star deserved the same treatment but was instead shat on by Madonna with that abortion of a version on TCT. I'm sure it was Stuart Price's idea. It might have worked well on paper to incorporate Hung Up as a build-up to the finale but it destroyed the original version.

Guest Danny86
A capella (adverb/adjective): A track containing only vocals - with no drums, melody or other accompaniment

Since when has the song ever been performed "a capella"?

BA was an embellished version of the album cut I believe, give or take. RIT still had an instrumental. What's your point?

The verses are sung without any instrumentation, they were referred as a cappella if I'm not wrong.

The BAT version was actually the 12" Club Mix and the 12" Dance Mix together, certainly not the album version.

The RIT one also reminds of the dance mix from TIC actually...

HolidayGuy: I really don't know what acclaim "Borderline" got outside the US... :(