Sticky & Sweet tour rumours

LoveBoxx

How do some of you people enjoy tours by other acts who don't have 30-40 hit songs to choose from on each tour?? Those artists have no choice but to do some of the same songs on consecutive tours. You guys act as if you HATE ROL, Music, LIB, ITG etc. and they are all classics which up until now get praised constantly now they aren't good enough all of a sudden? What's up with that? It's not like any of them are going to be the same as they were on any previous tours anyways.

I just think it's lame that some fans are opting out solely because of the setlist, unless they aren't feeling HC. If this were the old days we wouldn't even know the setlist, we'd just be excited that Madonna is touring and be surprised at what she sings when you go to the show. Imagine if we had known the BAT set before seeing the show and chose to opt out of it because she was doing LAV, PDP, ITG, WTP, LTT etc again?? A couple of those named songs were some of the best performances she's ever done and they were all done on the tour prior.

And bitching about HU being performed; a song that is possibly the biggest hit of her career, certainly the biggest worldwide hit she's had this decade AND it's only been performed on ONE tour is just STUPID. OF COURSE she's going to do that song. Leaving it out would've been the equivalent to leaving LAV off the WTG tour setlist simply because she did it on the VT.

GET

A

CLUE!!!!!

WELCOME TO MNATION - A PLACE WHERE THE FANS THINK THEY KNW BETTER THAN MADONNA BUT PROBABLY (ASSUMING HERE!) ARENT AS SUCCESSFUL FUNNILY.

Guest Danny86
I just think it's lame that some fans are opting out solely because of the setlist, unless they aren't feeling HC. If this were the old days we wouldn't even know the setlist, we'd just be excited that Madonna is touring and be surprised at what she sings when you go to the show. Imagine if we had known the BAT set before seeing the show and chose to opt out of it because she was doing LAV, PDP, ITG, WTP, LTT etc again?? A couple of those named songs were some of the best performances she's ever done and they were all done on the tour prior.

I totally agree, you're not even supposed to know the setlist, you have to go to the show and see what Madonna is performing. Of course it doesn't work like that on the Internet, but still, she includes LIB & ROL and you decide not to go? :confused:

I totally agree, you're not even supposed to know the setlist, you have to go to the show and see what Madonna is performing. Of course it doesn't work like that on the Internet, but still, she includes LIB & ROL and you decide not to go? :confused:

Unfortunetly we "do" know the "so called set list" and we know what most attendee's will think of it! and if u have your doubts...ask yourself,,whats the closing number of the show>? and who ,,other than 50people are gonna know it! NUFF SAID!

It's not just a matter of setlist for me- it's a different time in my life than it has been in the past, and I'm just not feeling the same anticipation that I have in the past. The setlist (if true) doesn't do anything to boost the excitement, admittedly- but, it's not 100% or anything like that that I'm not going to go.

It's not just a matter of setlist for me- it's a different time in my life than it has been in the past, and I'm just not feeling the same anticipation that I have in the past. The setlist (if true) doesn't do anything to boost the excitement, admittedly- but, it's not 100% or anything like that that I'm not going to go.

YES!!!!

:thumbsup:

I think this goes for everyone, its not the same anticipation as we had with RIT and CT

this is completly different

Guest hotstickyandsweet

I turn 33 on Friday, and expect that this tour has the excitement that no other tour after this one will have for me personally. Been a fan for 25 years and just don't think the other tours will be as nolstalgic. This is the end of an era. I still worship the queen till the end.

Guest Danny86
Unfortunetly we "do" know the "so called set list" and we know what most attendee's will think of it! and if u have your doubts...ask yourself,,whats the closing number of the show>? and who ,,other than 50people are gonna know it! NUFF SAID!

Is she not allowed to close with "Give It 2 Me" because supposedly only 50 people are gonna know it? What if some people hear it first there, they won't be able to enjoy it?

And I do think "Give It 2 Me" is definitely the best choice for last song in Europe!

YES!!!!

:thumbsup:

I think this goes for everyone, its not the same anticipation as we had with RIT and CT

this is completly different

I think that "Hard Candy" has left a lot of us with a bad taste in our mouths (no pun intended) and, had the album been different (or the whole era/image/presentation for the matter), there would be more excitement. Instead, it's almost a sense of dread... and a feeling that she's going to keep repeating herself. We've all come to expect so much out of a Madonna concert because she has set the standard so high, that it is very disappointing to see such a bland setlist and you just have to wonder what she's going to do with it. In recent years, it seems that she has been relying more and more on the people around her to do the work and keep her popular, rather than her being innovating, interesting and captivating. It's like, without them, she's got nothing left to give us. Her interviews are boring. Her performances, a little uninspired. You can't just stand on stage and say "fuck" a lot and think that's all you need to do to entertain a crowd. Grow up, granny... it doesn't look good. She seems disinterested in everything. I think she's realized how much help she can get from others and she seems to use it to her fullest advantage now. It's almost as if she's just sitting back, letting her "people" keep her career going.

She used to be the definition of a megastar... Untouchable and even mysterious. That magic just doesn't really seem to be there anymore. I don't look at her and get that "Oh my God, what a fucking ICON!" feeling anymore. It's sad...

Please don't attack me for my opinion... that's all it is, my opinion. I'm still a fan, just hitting a bump in the road.

This whole era is horrible

i want it to be done and over with

She just does NOT care

i love the album, like the videos

its just her friggin attitude

Yeah, for me it's not even so much about the music. I like the album, I really do. I think the producers made a good album. :chuckle: I think Madonna had about 5% input. She probably contributed SOME lyrics and changed SOME melodies around, but I think for the most part this album was created FOR her, not BY her. And, though I do enjoy the music, I don't feel like I'm listening to a Madonna record. It's just a good, generic record.

Popbitch

And filming is complete on the Britney sections of the Madonna Tour videos....

1 video is her in a hoodie trapped in a lift, cracking up and going mental. This leads to the final line "Its britney bitch" which then kick starts a mash up of "The Beat Goes on" and "Piece of me". The video for this, is Madge and Britters mummified and men in nothing but leather thongs unwrap them, to reveal them both in not very much touching and rubbing.

Later appar, there will be a Britney vocal / video element to "Human Nature"

IN OTHER TOUR NEWS.

Spanish lesson and Buenos Aires have been dropped from the setlist.

She's now rehearsing "Angel" as part of the tour.

"Incredible" has also been dropped.

other snippets include a "Dance tonight / Borderline" Medley

A "open your heart / heartbeat" medley

and POSSIBLY! "Dress You Up"

The rumours of a holographic 3D Madonna are still persisiting. And it alllll kicks off in approx 7 weeks....

Guest waiting
I think that "Hard Candy" has left a lot of us with a bad taste in our mouths (no pun intended) and, had the album been different (or the whole era/image/presentation for the matter), there would be more excitement. Instead, it's almost a sense of dread... and a feeling that she's going to keep repeating herself. We've all come to expect so much out of a Madonna concert because she has set the standard so high, that it is very disappointing to see such a bland setlist and you just have to wonder what she's going to do with it. In recent years, it seems that she has been relying more and more on the people around her to do the work and keep her popular, rather than her being innovating, interesting and captivating. It's like, without them, she's got nothing left to give us. Her interviews are boring. Her performances, a little uninspired. You can't just stand on stage and say "fuck" a lot and think that's all you need to do to entertain a crowd. Grow up, granny... it doesn't look good. She seems disinterested in everything. I think she's realized how much help she can get from others and she seems to use it to her fullest advantage now. It's almost as if she's just sitting back, letting her "people" keep her career going.

She used to be the definition of a megastar... Untouchable and even mysterious. That magic just doesn't really seem to be there anymore. I don't look at her and get that "Oh my God, what a fucking ICON!" feeling anymore. It's sad...

Please don't attack me for my opinion... that's all it is, my opinion. I'm still a fan, just hitting a bump in the road.

Agree with anything you said.

i agree with you

its hard for most of her fans understand this but its true

Popbitch

1 video is her in a hoodie trapped in a lift, cracking up and going mental. This leads to the final line "Its britney bitch" which then kick starts a mash up of "The Beat Goes on" and "Piece of me". The video for this, is Madge and Britters mummified and men in nothing but leather thongs unwrap them, to reveal them both in not very much touching and rubbing.

IN OTHER TOUR NEWS.

The rumours of a holographic 3D Madonna are still persisiting. And it alllll kicks off in approx 7 weeks....

thank God some good news

afterall drownedmadonna wasnt totally mistaken.. well i hope

is Popbitch reliable?

THERE'S STILL HOPE FOR A BETTER SETLIST :thumbsup:

In fairness, it's hard for someone to maintain any sort of mystery when every single move they make is documented and plastered all over the net for us to see within minutes. Back in the day part of the mystery was not knowing what was going on. There really is no newer star out there that has the air of mystery and larger than life status that acts like M, MJ and Prince had in the 80's....it's almost impossible to do that these days. Back then, Madonna would just drop out of sight for a year and MAYBE you'd see a pap pic here and there if you went to the magazine racks and flipped through People, Us, Entertainment Weekly etc. If some of us would lay off the "Nation" (not suggesting YOU should....just generally speaking) for a while and not watch every single thing she does and every pap pic that's taken of her when she leaves the gym, maybe when she does do something it would be more appreciated. It's like people complaining about doing the same routine for HU on CT that she did in the COADF album promo performances. Well.....maybe if you wouldn't break your neck to search for every single performance of the song on every single show she went on maybe you would have no problem with it when you actually see it live.

It's just odd to me that people are making the worst judgements and predictions when most of us here adored the last tour. Not liking the current album is one thing but what would indicate that she's no good at live performing anymore? The 5 song promo gigs she did a couple months back?? Not a fair way to assess the upcoming tour IMO.

Also it seems like a lot of times M fans have the tendency to over do it a bit when she tours....the past 3 anyways. People were going to 3, 4, 5 and even 10 shows.....no wonder the excitement isn't as high this time around, kind of inevitable. Even if you just went to 1 show each on the past 3 tours I still think it's normal not to be as excited this time.

thank God some good news

afterall drownedmadonna wasnt totally mistaken.. well i hope

is Popbitch reliable?

THERE'S STILL HOPE FOR A BETTER SETLIST :thumbsup:

Popbitch seems to be as reliable as the websites they took that info from... its old and probably just rumors.

Guest Danny86

That indeed sounds like some old stuff from DrownedMadonna. They posted that "Spanish Lesson" was dropped just a few days before MadonnaTribe denied that and said it was still in.

Guest Danny86
In fairness, it's hard for someone to maintain any sort of mystery when every single move they make is documented and plastered all over the net for us to see within minutes. Back in the day part of the mystery was not knowing what was going on. There really is no newer star out there that has the air of mystery and larger than life status that acts like M, MJ and Prince had in the 80's....it's almost impossible to do that these days. Back then, Madonna would just drop out of sight for a year and MAYBE you'd see a pap pic here and there if you went to the magazine racks and flipped through People, Us, Entertainment Weekly etc. If some of us would lay off the "Nation" (not suggesting YOU should....just generally speaking) for a while and not watch every single thing she does and every pap pic that's taken of her when she leaves the gym, maybe when she does do something it would be more appreciated. It's like people complaining about doing the same routine for HU on CT that she did in the COADF album promo performances. Well.....maybe if you wouldn't break your neck to search for every single performance of the song on every single show she went on maybe you would have no problem with it when you actually see it live.

I agree. It's easy to blame Madonna and say she's not interested and she doesn't care, but why not looking at how things have changed? You don't need to watch MTV for hours to catch a Madonna video when you can just go to YouTube and watch it as many times as you want. Madonna is actually trying to change as well, instead of the predictable interviews and one-off performances she opted for the promo gigs to be broadcast online. But of course even before the Roseland show happened, we all knew the setlist and we were all bitching why is she doing "Music" & "Hung Up" again. Of course you're not gonna get the "icon" feeling anymore.

Personally, I wouldn't say Madonna is not interested. Sure, she didn't go to talk shows but those were never about the albums anyway, I mean the COADF interviews were about "Did you regret the SEX book?" or "What's a day of Madonna like?" so good riddance. But she's doing a whole tour on the back of the album and she's visiting a lot more countries than ever. If she didn't care she would be taking a break to direct another movie or something, or just fulfilling her Warner contract without bothering to tour, no?

Popbitch seems to be as reliable as the websites they took that info from... its old and probably just rumors.

too bad so :gross:

In all honesty, you grew up. It's never gonna be like it once was, with her or anyone else, because you know better now.

In all honesty, you grew up. It's never gonna be like it once was, with her or anyone else, because you know better now.

That's an excellent point too that I meant to bring up in my little diatribe...lol....but I got sidetracked. I think most of us here are adults who have been fans for years. It would be almost impossible for Madonna to continue to..... or any act for that matter to give us that feeling that we felt when we first "fell in love" so to speak, because most of us were kids.

I remember when Britney hit the scene and kids were falling in love with her and even now we have posters here who absolutely love her. I enjoy her past couple of albums, but *I* don't get how anybody could like her first couple of albums.....they are trash to me. But then I realized that most of those people were the age I was when I became a hardcore M fan (12-13) by the time Brit hit I was 18 so there was no way she was going to affect me the way she affected someone who's 5 years younger than me. But to them Brit in her little school girl uniform chirping her insanely catchy pop songs was THE DEAL and SCANDALOUS....it caught the youngsters eyes. I just said "Madonna did/does it better....this girl is a joke". JADED I guess! :)

Guest Madlover033003
Popbitch

IN OTHER TOUR NEWS.

*faints!*

It's just odd to me that people are making the worst judgements and predictions when most of us here adored the last tour. Not liking the current album is one thing but what would indicate that she's no good at live performing anymore? The 5 song promo gigs she did a couple months back?? Not a fair way to assess the upcoming tour IMO.

Also it seems like a lot of times M fans have the tendency to over do it a bit when she tours....the past 3 anyways. People were going to 3, 4, 5 and even 10 shows.....no wonder the excitement isn't as high this time around, kind of inevitable. Even if you just went to 1 show each on the past 3 tours I still think it's normal not to be as excited this time.

Lots of very good points. It's hard to relate to the way the world used to be. When we weren't seeing pictures of her every single day. It would sometimes be months before a sighting in a magazine or tabloid and she'd having a different hairstyle or something and that was so exciting.

I think that says it all, really... priorities change as you get older. Pop stars kinda fall to the back burner.