Sticky & Sweet tour rumours

LoveBoxx

Guest Danny86
I don't think she'd have to read forums to know what her fans like. :rolleyes: I'm sure she can tell by the sales of Hard Candy that it isn't exactly a favorite :chuckle:.

You know the tour was already in the works when HC was released. Did you really expect Madonna to change the theme and title of the tour just because HC is not selling as much as COADF?

You know the tour was already in the works when HC was released. Did you really expect Madonna to change the theme and title of the tour just because HC is not selling as much as COADF?

of course not. and I fully expected to see a lot of songs from Hard Candy being performed. that was a no-brainer. I'm just saying what I, personally, would like to hear. And I don't think it's just me, a lot of fans are disappointed with this list. And if you think that all those "casual" fans are going to be happy with this list, you're crazy. Most of them haven't even heard the Hard Candy album....judging, again, by sales :chuckle:

Guest Danny86
of course not. and I fully expected to see a lot of songs from Hard Candy being performed. that was a no-brainer. I'm just saying what I, personally, would like to hear. And I don't think it's just me, a lot of fans are disappointed with this list. And if you think that all those "casual" fans are going to be happy with this list, you're crazy. Most of them haven't even heard the Hard Candy album....judging, again, by sales :chuckle:

I meant that the casual fans would be glad to hear Music/LIB/ROL/HU, those are the tracks that are bashed by fans the most. And yes, Madonna probably knows most of them haven't heard HC yet, but isn't it her goal to make people hear her new music?

I meant that the casual fans would be glad to hear Music/LIB/ROL/HU, those are the tracks that are bashed by fans the most. And yes, Madonna probably knows most of them haven't heard HC yet, but isn't it her goal to make people hear her new music?

They don't want to hear new music.

M. won't have casual fans anymore after this tour if she goes on with the Hung Up "Rock" Version. :vanitybonet:

:lol:

M. won't have casual fans anymore after this tour if she goes on with the Hung Up "Rock" Version. :vanitybonet:

scream.jpg

You do know a lot of "casual" people actually liked it. Could have been the Pantera riff though... A New Level makes any song sound good. :dramatic:

may we should take the consideration that songs like LIB, Music and ROL are easier for her to sing.. she already mastered (kinda :nosey: ) how to do this live and she knows that her voice is getting worse and its harder to sing songs like Borderline especially if she wants to dance along with it

no, they're being very careful not to leak them, for fear that the rest of the remaining tickets will go unsold.

Number 4 actually, during the Christmas period when a top 5 hit is a major coup; it's also from her biggest selling studio album, not just in the UK but worldwide and, pushed the said album ahead of its nearest competitor to be the biggest selling album of 1986 in the UK. Furthermore, its worldwide longevity has been sealed by the iconic and groundbreaking video. On some occasions, chart positions alone, DO NOT reflect the size of a hit.

But still I don't know many Brits that would cite that as one of her tops hits. The video might be iconic (not exactly groundbreaking though) but the record has nowhere near the amount of popularity in the UK as it does in the US.

In this case, the chart position DOES reflect the size of the hit.

But still I don't know many Brits that would cite that as one of her tops hits. The video might be iconic (not exactly groundbreaking though) but the record has nowhere near the amount of popularity in the UK as it does in the US.

In this case, the chart position DOES reflect the size of the hit.

:manson:

Does anyone have an idea what the "Save The World/Malawi" song will be this time? :1251:

"We Are The World '08"

Madonna featuring:

Dan Aykroyd

Harry Belafonte

Lindsey Buckingham

Kim Carnes

Ray Charles

Bob Dylan

Sheila E.

Bob Geldof

Hall & Oates

James Ingram

Kate Massiff

Jermaine Jackson

Jackie Jackson

LaToya Jackson

Marlon Jackson

Michael Jackson

Randy Jackson

Tito Jackson

Al Jarreau

Waylon Jennings

Billy Joel

Cyndi Lauper

Huey Lewis & The News

Kenny Loggins

Bette Midler

Willie Nelson

Jeffrey Osborne

David Paich

Steve Perry

The Pointer Sisters

Steve Porcaro

Kenny Rogers

Diana Ross

Lionel Richie

Smokey Robinson

Paul Simon

Bruce Springsteen

Tina Turner

Dionne Warwick

Stevie Wonder

WITH SPECIAL GUEST APPEARANCES BY:

Justin Timberlake

Timbaland

Pharrell

Danja

and Kanye West

and a very special surprise guest, TBA...

She's done Imagine. I bet she will wheel out Michael Jackson's 'Heal The World' and red Kabbollox bracelets will fall from the sky whilst Dizzy Rascal does some crap rap in the background about kids dyin' (sic) :blink:

Still can't believe that is MJ's biggest selling single in the UK.

The rock version of HU is AWFUL. She is deluded if she thinks people would want to hear that over the orginal version.

The rock version of HU is AWFUL. She is deluded if she thinks people would want to hear that over the orginal version.

Already told you, it went over quite well... Pantera riffs make any song work. :demonic:

The main problem with the Hung Up Rock version is that it has the original album version backing track.

Well true, there have been so many rock/metal versions of Gimme Gimme that worked mostly because they used guitars to play the synth track, but the HU rock version though it sounded awful at first I must admit, could turn out nicely with some minor tweaking.

Guest valhum
The main problem with the Hung Up Rock version is that it has the original album version backing track.

The problem was the way they did the mash up thingy, it sounded like a complete mess, like they said "oh Stuart can do it, how difficult it could be"........PWNED!! :lol:

I'm sad the Rescue Me/ Rain thing isn't true... I'm happy Impressive Instant is in there it's one of her best songs... some of the repetative songs are unfortunate BUT her shows have never relied on the set lists so I don't care.

Already told you, it went over quite well... Pantera riffs make any song work. :demonic:

I know, its funny even Pantera fans did respected her "rendition" more than M fans

i for one LOVED it and would love to see it on tour, maybe she can have a different riff every night from different rock bands? (LOL, like if thats possible) just dreaming

jonski, have you surveyed the UK about OYH personally? :)

Obviously initial chart peaks don't indicate how a track goes on- i.e. in the USA, "Holiday" and "Borderline" consistently are among her most-played tracks per week- and they peaked at No. 16 and 10, respectively.

Would be cool if the Erotica single on tour was "Bad Girl" or somethin' like that.