Sticky & Sweet tour rumours

LoveBoxx

DYU actually gets decent recurrent play, esp. for a track that wasn't on TIC. It's played 50-60x a week on average in the USA.

Spears supposedly will be in the HN video, no?

to be honest, im not exactly thrilled about the setlist

what happened to angel, dress you up, open your heart, who's that girl, and nothing really matters??

Candy Shop

Beat Goes On

Human Nature

Borderline*

Vogue*

Interlude 1

Into The Groove

Heartbeat

Music

She's Not Me

Interlude 2

Devil Wouldn't Recognize You

Spanish Lesson

Miles Away

La Isla Bonita

You Must Love Me

Interlude 3

4 Minutes

Impressive Instant

Ray Of Light

Hung Up

Give It 2 Me

"Borderline" and "Vogue" are in the setlist but their place has not been confirmed yet, but they are most probably gonna be in the first 2 segments as the 3rd and 4th has 5 songs each already.

As per MTribe:

"there's one big hit (a single)

two major screen videos (singles)

another interlude (based on a single - just like the two Sorry in Confessions)

and there's also a Folk song in there"

The "one big hit" is confirmed to be "Vogue" and the 2 videos are singles of Erotica & American Life.

Egads, that is a mess of a set.

I suppose I wouldn't be so upset about some choices if I didn't already know how they'd be played. Putting "Ray of Light" and "Hung Up" back to back all but guarentees a rehash of the Confessions Tour and Hard Candy promo tour performances, respectively, neither of which was particularly thrilling.

Also, I am a bit annoyed with her recent love of "La Isla Bonita." The Drowned World Tour version was fucking brilliant, but the Confessions version was dismal, and it's likely not going to be retooled much for this set.

"Borderline," "Into the Groove" and "Vogue" are nice additions, especially "Borderline."

By far, the biggest offender is third act -- "Devil" through "You Must Love Me" -- which just needs to be completely retooled. Toss out Evita for being woefully out of place, toss out "La Isla" for being overperformed, toss out "Spanish Lesson" because of my strong personal bias, and replace them with some 80s and 90s singles. Lord knows she has enough R&B material to choose from her first album through "Bedtime Stories" that would mesh well with the new album, so why is she ignoring so much of it?

ha ha ha...you people are comical! You all act like this setlist is a big suprise. I told you all the setlist would be like her latest tours...mostly predictable and a heavy focus on newer material. Whether we like it or not Madonna has a BIG DISDAIN for her early material, whether she admits it or not. She'll never do a concert chock full of her great oldies...it's never gonna happen. She always throws one little bone to her fans for each concert...and this time it's "Borderline" and the rest is songs from her new album and the newer predictable hits she's been performing for a while now (LAB, ROL, Music, HU). I guarentee Jamie King had to do some pretty mighty talking just to get her to perform "Borderline". She has never cared what fans want or think, that's just the way it is. I would like a lot of her older material performed to but it's never gonna happen.

Edited by ahafan02

ha ha ha...you people are comical! You all act like this setlist is a big suprise. I told you all the setlist would be like her latest tours...mostly predictable and a heavy focus on newer material. Whether we like it or not Madonna has a BIG DISDAIN for her early material, whether she admits it or not. She'll never do a concert chock full of her great oldies...it's never gonna happen. She always throws one little bone to her fans for each concert...and this time it's "Borderline" and the rest is songs from her new album and the newer predictable hits she's been performing for a while now (LAB, ROL, Music, HU). I guarentee Jamie King had to do some pretty mighty talking just to get her to perform "Borderline". She has never cared what fans want or think, that's just the way it is. I would like a lot of her older material performed to but it's never gonna happen.

she is a MAJOR BITCH :americanlife:

Where did nothing really matters go??! :hurt: and is she serious bout that terrible rendition of LIB from Live Earth :confused: ugh

Aside from that i Like what ive heard so far for this tour. Britney spears in a human nature/gimme more mash-up. BORDERLINE. vogue. into the groove. shes not me, shame theres no incredible tho (sry guys, but i wish she could perform all HC's songs. yes, i love it that much). impressive instant. two steven klein vids.

As far as her oldies go, im ok w/borderline...although angel and whos that girl would be great.

errr...did you miss the reinvention tour?

Although it sounds like the right thing to do commercially, would you honestly enjoy and get into performing a song that you recorded over 20 years ago? I don't think I would. She's a person who constantly changes and moves on from whatever success or failure she endures. What would make you think she would want to revisit a time in her life she probably doesn't even remember. She's done so many things in her career. It's understandable to me that she forgets even her classics at times. I just would like her to perform songs she has never performed or only performed once like Rescue Me and Physical Attraction and The Look of Love and Keep It Together or Why's It So Hard

The more time goes by and the more we learn about this setlist, the less excited I am becoming. I am tired of hearing the same songs she's done for the past 3 tours. Jesus, you'd think she forgot 80% of the hits that made her famous. I really wanted to hear "Secret" done with a sitar, "Angel" and even "Dress You Up."

If YouTube footage from Cardiff confirms my fears, I might consider selling my tickets. :confused:

Madonna has enough signature worldwide hits to be able to skip several tours and still have a set list full of them along with a heavy focus on her latest album. The point is that she's churning the same old songs out time and again and it's just got beyound a snooze now. No wonder ticket sales are slow and she'll be faced with a bigger backlash next time out - I bet the next tour is tagged a GH one. :chuckle:

I think the main thing is that there are good themes which tie the show together. I know she will perform a lot of songs from Hard Candy which is fine so long as there a story. I just don't want her to repeat songs she has already performed, particularly if she is going to wheel out the same old version.

Open Your Heart is not considered one of her big songs in the UK. It only got to No. 5 here.

Beautiful Stranger would be good. It wasn't well done on DWT so I'd like to see that.

Open Your Heart is not considered one of her big songs in the UK. It only got to No. 5 here.

Number 4 actually, during the Christmas period when a top 5 hit is a major coup; it's also from her biggest selling studio album, not just in the UK but worldwide and, pushed the said album ahead of its nearest competitor to be the biggest selling album of 1986 in the UK. Furthermore, its worldwide longevity has been sealed by the iconic and groundbreaking video. On some occasions, chart positions alone, DO NOT reflect the size of a hit.

Madonna has enough signature worldwide hits to be able to skip several tours and still have a set list full of them along with a heavy focus on her latest album. The point is that she's churning the same old songs out time and again and it's just got beyound a snooze now. No wonder ticket sales are slow and she'll be faced with a bigger backlash next time out - I bet the next tour is tagged a GH one. :chuckle:

:chuckle:

Some more info posted at the madonnatribe forum by The Immaculate.

Do you mean a pole? from what I know there's one in the position where she did LAV during confessions (left if you look from the audience) and she climbs on it a bit during Into The Groove in between the jumpin ropes choreographies. I'm sure she will use it more in more songs LOL

Guest Danny86

Guys, I don't think you should expect any retooling at this point. The opening night is like 6 weeks away. The CT setlist was confirmed like 2 months before the opening night and she only changed 2 songs.

As for "La Isla Bonita" - I'm sure it will be somewhat different from Live Earth, there won't be Stuart, Gogol Bordello or Cloud and it won't fade into "Hung Up" either, so I doubt it's gonna be a carbon-copy.

Candy Shop

Beat Goes On

Human Nature

Borderline*

Vogue*

Interlude 1

Into The Groove

Heartbeat

Music

She's Not Me

Interlude 2

Devil Wouldn't Recognize You

Spanish Lesson

Miles Away

La Isla Bonita

You Must Love Me

Interlude 3

4 Minutes

Impressive Instant

Ray Of Light

Hung Up

Give It 2 Me

"Borderline" and "Vogue" are in the setlist but their place has not been confirmed yet, but they are most probably gonna be in the first 2 segments as the 3rd and 4th has 5 songs each already.

As per MTribe:

"there's one big hit (a single)

two major screen videos (singles)

another interlude (based on a single - just like the two Sorry in Confessions)

and there's also a Folk song in there"

The "one big hit" is confirmed to be "Vogue" and the 2 videos are singles of Erotica & American Life.

as expected a PREDICATABLE BORING SHIT SET LIST,,,,,she's thinks she goes 'anti-establishment" by playing these shitty ass songs compared to her classics,if it were not for those songs she nor us wouldn't be here right now,luckily i didnt spend one god damn penny on yet another PREDICTABLE Madonna show,its sad to so her shows become repetitive over the years....no "magic" and no "fun" !!! BORING AND PREDICTABLE,her shows are only for herself ..and no one ELSE BUT!

as expected a PREDICATABLE BORING SHIT SET LIST,,,,,she's thinks she goes 'anti-establishment" by playing these shitty ass songs compared to her classics,if it were not for those songs she nor us wouldn't be here right now,luckily i didnt spend one god damn penny on yet another PREDICTABLE Madonna show,its sad to so her shows become repetitive over the years....no "magic" and no "fun" !!! BORING AND PREDICTABLE,her shows are only for herself ..and no one ELSE BUT!

You are absolutely right. They are only for herself. We pay hundreds of dollars per ticket so Madonna can fulfill her OWN creative needs (or greed, whichever you prefer) instead of attempting to entertain the crowd. Or maybe she's just THAT out of touch. I think she does the same songs over and over so that she doesn't have to put too much work into learning something new. She just has the musicians rework the song a little. No work on her part. She just throws together a show full of songs nobody wants to hear and makes $100 million by overcharging her fans who are the whole reason she's still even touring 25 years into her career, the last half of which has been solely supported by her fans, not by the general public. She used to give the best live show EVER. Not anymore... boring boring boring.

Sorry, I'm just a little irritated this morning... I know I'm gonna get a lot of shit for this post.

Guest Danny86

Is Madonna out of touch because she doesn't read forums to find out which are the most demanded tracks by her hardcore fans? :confused:

I think we all know that the tracks everyone keeps complaining about will be the highlights for many casual fans and every review will praise them. Outside us, big fans, I can't imagine anyone saying "oh this show was bad because she already did ROL & LIB on CT and Live Earth".

I'm sure she's gonna impress many with her live renditions of HC tracks and it's WAY too early to say she just "throws together" a show.

Is Madonna out of touch because she doesn't read forums to find out which are the most demanded tracks by her hardcore fans? :confused:

I think we all know that the tracks everyone keeps complaining about will be the highlights for many casual fans and every review will praise them. Outside us, big fans, I can't imagine anyone saying "oh this show was bad because she already did ROL & LIB on CT and Live Earth".

I'm sure she's gonna impress many with her live renditions of HC tracks and it's WAY too early to say she just "throws together" a show.

I don't think she'd have to read forums to know what her fans like. :rolleyes: I'm sure she can tell by the sales of Hard Candy that it isn't exactly a favorite :chuckle:.