GIVE IT 2 ME: iTUNES and Fan promo thread

mtzlplk

Guest hotstickyandsweet
:thumbsup: The more I listen to GITM the more it sounds like pop genius. I pray for at least a top 20 showing!!! Old fans will show up again for Hard Candy after they hear it.

Does fan-promo really make a difference?

I'm streaming the video as we speak.

I stream GI2M as often as I can from Yahoo!(I hope it counts since I do not live in the US). Every other Madonna fan should help too! :superman:

yeah, ever wondered why Bye Bye and TMB are ranked so high? Definitely autoclickers... and those too even count...

too bad when I try streaming it, it says something like it's not applicable in my area or something...

it's all up to the US residents for the streaming...

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

So I know this has been discussed and people tend to get pissed when they have to repeat themselves a 1000 times, but what effect does streaming the video have on the hot 100. If I were to download the auto clicker and stream the video for an entire week without stopping to go to any other site what would that do? I'm willing to give up going on-line for a week, but I don't want to do it for nothing. And if it is worth a shot then when would be the best time to do it, like should I wait for the single or more airplay or what? How many views counts as a point towards the hot 100? All that stuff. Thanks.

It's back to the old strategy... WBR has made the GI2M remixes into one album... but they can still be bought separately... unlike 4 Minutes where most people would end up buying separately because it is packaged separately...

madonnao, streaming points are not as big in terms of chart points as airplay or sales. Of AOL and Yahoo, Yahoo (USA) is the bigger streaming site. The top streamed track in a week could be streamed up to 500,000+ times that week- which- I think- is equivalent to something like 5 million audience? Streaming can make the difference when tracks are close in overall points.

The Spice Girls charted on the Hot 100 thanks to streaming- "Headlines" scanned less than 10,000 when it debued and had no virtually airplay, but streaming helpd it debut on the Hot 100.

i tunes has 8 individual tracks and the GI2M album. one of the tracks on the album is the same as one of the individual tracks so i bought the album and 7 individual tracks. doesnt the album count as more than one download though?

Guest superbu
i tunes has 8 individual tracks and the GI2M album. one of the tracks on the album is the same as one of the individual tracks so i bought the album and 7 individual tracks. doesnt the album count as more than one download though?

No, if you buy the whole album at once, it only counts as one download. If you buy the individual tracks on the album, each counts as a separate download.

But there are two "Give It 2 Me" albums -- one is "Give It 2 Me Remixes" and one is "Give It 2 Me (Remixes) - EP." I bought mine on MusicGiants, which sells them as lossless downloads in Windows Media Lossless format.

Strangely, Zune and Amazon have the "Sly and Robbie Bongo Mix" as an individual one-track album as well, while iTunes and MusicGiants do not.

Guest superbu

Four more remixes are coming out next Tuesday, the 22nd, as individual one-track albums: Tong & Spoon Wonderland Radio Edit, Tong & Spoon Wonderland Mix, Tong & Spoon Get Stupid Dub, and Sly & Robbie Ragga Mix.

I downloaded 8 last night from iTunes- the 6 mixes, and two additional (none of the ones that appeared on the second EP of edits, except maybe an Oakenfold Dub or something).

is 20k good? are we expecting a hot 100 entry with this song next week? any idea on sales so far? how much would it need to sell to chart approximately.

if it charts -would this increase airplay?