Sticky & Sweet Tour filming?

Camacho

Yeah me too. I thought it was really well edited post production. They didnt clear up the vocals too much or anything and to me it gave you an idea of how exciting it was to be in the arena. I liked the fact there was some interaction...it wasnt just a static camera.

Her vocals on the dvd r beyond not live. They didn't just *mix* it 4 the DVd format.

Her vocals got full on studio treatment. :chuckle:

She should definately film one of the stadium shows. I think LA.

But LA will boring... :fag:

'The crowd was tough! Fuck u there was not..there was 3 rows assholes & then a space...'

AND WHERE'S JOHN DRAPER!?! :americanlife:

Guest valhum
yea, i have a feeling it will be some Latin American date

either that or NY (which we are due to have)

I would love to see a Mexican show tapped, that'd be awesome :thumbsup: and i would really love it to be a real concert not some 2 hrs music video, do not edit the screams, bad singing, etc, let it be raw and real :electropop:

• 4 weeks later...

Pleaso no more 35mm film though... there are HD/2k/4k cameras now that can shoot 24p/variable if she really wants that (for effects in post) but the dynamics of film in some way ruin the live feeling... granted the BAT footage does look nice but its completely pointless to shoot on film with its difficult shallow DOF over several different gigs instead of just using video cameras and capture the whole thing live.

There are countless spots on the CT dvd where you can tell its clearly filmed on a different night.

Wow, I guess I'm part of the minority group that actaully loved Confessions AND how it was filmed. Oh and TCT was obviously not "taken back to the studio". Uh, Ray of Light anyone?

Trust me, its too clean to have not been remastered. WAY too clean.

A stadium gig pleaaaaaaaaaaaaase. We need 2 go back 2 more of a live feel.

Confessions is visually stunning but it's not very live, it feels like a video shot in

a studio..

Alec did it best..the perfect balance between great cinematography & capturing the moment, live.

MADGIC :wow:

I AGREE WITH YOU 100%. :electropop:

Pleaso no more 35mm film though... there are HD/2k/4k cameras now that can shoot 24p/variable if she really wants that (for effects in post) but the dynamics of film in some way ruin the live feeling... granted the BAT footage does look nice but its completely pointless to shoot on film with its difficult shallow DOF over several different gigs instead of just using video cameras and capture the whole thing live.

There are countless spots on the CT dvd where you can tell its clearly filmed on a different night.

EX. LIKE IT OR NOT( conf tour) ...... the look of her hair changes a lot.

In places yeah. But if you watch Let it will be live its very close to the performance you hear when youre there. You can hear her breathing, you can hear her voice straining and failing. Its obviously not as openly presented as the BAT but I think its a good representation of the feeling you get when you see it live. Thats my point. It would be boring to have a flat presentation. The tour was quite frenetic. Fast paced and very full of sound. I personally think it was a good edit and is a lot more enjoyable than say the editing style of DWT.

THE DWT was shot terribly. there was a definate haze on the lens ( intentional im sure)

and ull notice that there were NOT any CLOSE - UPS of her face. The tightest shot you got ot see

was waist up.

now.....see what u want....( ahh the madgic of plastic surgery ) :nocomment:

Wow, I guess I'm part of the minority group that actaully loved Confessions AND how it was filmed. Oh and TCT was obviously not "taken back to the studio". Uh, Ray of Light anyone?

The Confessions dvd was brilliant. :thumbsup:

I don't know why so many complain, when Madonna said early on she wanted the show to have a strong club atmosphere, and the dvd clearly reflected that. The special effects and film like feel were an artistic choice, that I happen to love.

As far as her vocals go, I do think some of the performances benefited from studio magic.

the old fashioned way :thumbsup:

stadium, very hot weather, sweaty, wind on her face, people throwing water shirts and shit on stage, and fireworks by the end of the show :D

ALL VERY LIVE!!! :dramatic: