GIVE IT 2 ME USA Airplay

mtzlplk

i think its over, not just in the US, but universally :(.

*oh btw, does anyone the link for mediabase!?! I havent been able to see updates in DAYS for some reason!

Guest Bad Robot

Mediabase has restricted their access, apparently, so you won't be able to log into many of the things you could before.

Mediabase has restricted their access, apparently, so you won't be able to log into many of the things you could before.

do you have access to mediabase??

Guest boytoyville

This sucks. How does one get access to mediabase? Do they have like a paid subscription service now or something?

why does so many here feel so invested in this song NOT charting ; it seems as most fans will be happy if this song does make the HOT 100 again ... i don't get it ...????

when 4 minues was weeks out the same thing was going on .. eveyone calling it a flop .. ultimately it sold 2 M in the US and spent 11 weeks top 10 ...

even if this song is done ,so what, each track can't be Vogue... and the tour will still happen ; for a fan site the negativity towards Madonna here is so high ...

Seriously i'm sure another top 10 sinlge will make no difference in anyone lives !!

why does so many here feel so invested in this song NOT charting ; it seems as most fans will be happy if this song does make the HOT 100 again ... i don't get it ...????

when 4 minues was weeks out the same thing was going on .. eveyone calling it a flop .. ultimately it sold 2 M in the US and spent 11 weeks top 10 ...

even if this song is done ,so what, each track can't be Vogue... and the tour will still happen ; for a fan site the negativity towards Madonna here is so high ...

Seriously i'm sure another top 10 sinlge will make no difference in anyone lives !!

ITA! Thanks! Couldn't have said it better myself. It's fun to look at how Madonna does on the charts with each release for me; however, I'm not going to throw myself under a bus if any of her songs don't do well. The woman has had 43 Top 20 songs. At this point anything else is gravy.

I am sooo tired of reading the same garbage over and over in this thread everytime GI2M makes a minor jump or a minor decline! Aren't you getting tired of posting all this negativity? There are people here who called even 4M a flop sometime back! Loser attitude! :thumbsdown:

The Remixes are currently #1 at the US Dance Chart btw.

Edited by Madonna-Greece

We're just passionate about Madonna and charts. Charts is like an addiction, but harmless. We have developed over the years a very strong connection with charts, numbers and statistics (and Madonna of course). I know some of you people don't "get" that but really you don't have to. Go read some other boards. It's not negativity and no, our lives will not change if Madonna has another top 40 hit. But if she does that will feed our addiction more. And it will give us satisfaction.

Besides, this is just a message board. You read into everything way too seriously. If people want to be obsessed with charts let them be!

6/16/2008 0.520M 215 spins

6/17/2008 0.749M 236 spins

------------------------------------------------

6/18/2008 0.824M 267 spins

6/19/2008 0.931M 300 spins

6/20/2008 0.993M 341 spins

6/21/2008 1.052M 373 spins

6/22/2008 1.435M 377 spins

6/23/2008 1.145M 437 spins

6/24/2008 1.016M 472 spins

6/25/2008 1.059M 510 spins

6/26/2008 1.029M 540 spins

6/27/2008 1.099M 575 spins

6/28/2008 1.874M 609 spins

6/29/2008 1.891M 627 spins

6/30/2008 1.861M 655 spins

7/01/2008 1.960M 684 spins

7/02/2008 2.120M 721 spins

7/03/2008 2.298M 749 spins

7/04/2008 2.444M 753 spins

7/05/2008 2.641M 779 spins

7/06/2008 2.877M 802 spins

7/07/2008 3.135M 829 spins

7/08/2008 3.275M 843 spins

7/09/2008 3.386M 841 spins

7/10/2008 3.404M 846 spins

7/11/2008 3.398M 870 spins

7/12/2008 3.497M 903 spins

7/13/2008 3.533M 915 spins

7/14/2008 3.565M 919 spins

7/15/2008 3.594M 928 spins

soooo frustrating....

I swear, it's because her god =-awful video!!! Ick.

It cuz she doesn't bother to promote it. She is really shooting herself in the foot... Rather than a day of rehearsals she could do Today Show in AM, call in 6-7 radio stations in afternoon, goto MTV TRL in evening & do Letterman at night. Its hectic but in just a day she could do a buttload of stuff...

Guest Madlover033003
It cuz she doesn't bother to promote it. She is really shooting herself in the foot... Rather than a day of rehearsals she could do Today Show in AM, call in 6-7 radio stations in afternoon, goto MTV TRL in evening & do Letterman at night. Its hectic but in just a day she could do a buttload of stuff...

exactly!

Guest Danny86

Yeah, like she left rehearsals in 2001 or 2006 to do that! Face it, Madonna herself is not going to tv shows, Warner could put her in them if they wanted to or if they had the money. Madonna considers the tour as the actual promo.

Madonna considers the tour as the actual promo.

A tour is not a promo for any record or song.

And certainly a video where she dances awkwardly in her undies in front of an old couch is not a promo either.

She could have done some promo with TV and radio interviews but she chose not to so nobody requests her song on the radio because nobody knows it exists.

As a result, Give it 2 me will be a much worse flop than Sorry, Get Together and Jump.

The morning shows (which she'd need to wake at like 3AM to be ready for) film live but TRL and Letterman film around the same time, so awake and promoting for 24 hours probably couldn't happen if she wanted it to.

Guest Danny86
A tour is not a promo for any record or song.

And certainly a video where she dances awkwardly in her undies in front of an old couch is not a promo either.

She could have done some promo with TV and radio interviews but she chose not to so nobody requests her song on the radio because nobody knows it exists.

As a result, Give it 2 me will be a much worse flop than Sorry, Get Together and Jump.

But why would anyone expect that from Madonna? She rarely promoted her singles! When she did, most of the time they were big award shows, not simple interviews.

And why isn't the video any promo?

A tour is definitely not promotion for the album. People who pay that much to see her will most likely already have the album. A tour won't reach out to more fans...

I just don't understand why you'd spend time and effort creating a record you like, and then you can't be arsed to promote it.

Guest Danny86
I just don't understand why you'd spend time and effort creating a record you like, and then you can't be arsed to promote it.

Because you hate going to tv shows? Because you prefer your own shows (touring)? Because it doesn't matter to you if it sells 500k or 2 million?

And I doubt everyone who goes to Madonna shows have the album. I remember that a RIT review from the USA pointed out that people were more willing to pay the ticket instead of 10 bucks for the AL CD.

She did with COAD, and she looked like she had alot of fun during the promo

I dont understand why she couldnt do it again

I think the best we can hope for is something like what happened with Nelly Furtado -- huge first single, then "Maneater" struggled a bit in the US (#16 I think? -- still much better than GI2M) before "Say It Right" became almost as big as "Promiscuous."
Actually, Maneater wasn't even officially released in the US and peaked at #16 on downloads only, I think.

As for GI2M, it's been plain from the start that radio wanted BGO and not this.

Actually, Maneater wasn't even officially released in the US and peaked at #16 on downloads only, I think.

As for GI2M, it's been plain from the start that radio wanted BGO and not this.

Beat Goes On should have been the second single.

It is funny how many people now prefer BGO as the second single when they were sooo in love with GI2M up until a couple of weeks ago :dramatic:

yes, it´s quite strange..Anyway, for what I remember, people thought that GI2M was a good single intrenationally, and BGO for the US