GIVE IT 2 ME USA Airplay

mtzlplk

It really does baffle me though that not ONE station in my area is spinning GI2M after every top 40 pop station spun the living hell out of 4 Minutes around me. Sorry recieved more love as a follow up single. Its really is weird.

Guest Bad Robot

It seems like the Justin influence was even more important than many of us may have thought...

I think GI2M is a stronger song but at the same time, it's nothing new. It's not very innovative, it's just a good little pop song.

If you look at some of her bigger hits in the past ten years, they tended to be songs that pushed the boundaries of pop music a bit more -- Frozen, Music, Don't Tell Me, Die Another Day -- and GI2M is not fresh in the same way.

It's somewhat ironic, but Madonna has her most mainstream success when she releases songs that push the boundaries of mainstream rather than trying to fit in with the crowd. I would argue 4 Minutes is an exception as it comes across as "Timbaland and Justin Timberlake featuring Madonna."

At the club where I work at, we've been given the green light to start playing Beat Goes On. So far, the only thing we have received is a WHITE label promo with 3 different versions. Does this mean this will be the 3rd single?

Guest tir69
It seems like the Justin influence was even more important than many of us may have thought...

I think GI2M is a stronger song but at the same time, it's nothing new. It's not very innovative, it's just a good little pop song.

If you look at some of her bigger hits in the past ten years, they tended to be songs that pushed the boundaries of pop music a bit more -- Frozen, Music, Don't Tell Me, Die Another Day -- and GI2M is not fresh in the same way.

It's somewhat ironic, but Madonna has her most mainstream success when she releases songs that push the boundaries of mainstream rather than trying to fit in with the crowd. I would argue 4 Minutes is an exception as it comes across as "Timbaland and Justin Timberlake featuring Madonna."

In my opinion GITM is a great song , fresh and innovative , the problem is not Madonna or her songs but the US radio stations , radio stations all around the world are playing GITM and the same happened with Sorry, Get together , Hollywood etc...it is only a US problem.

At the club where I work at, we've been given the green light to start playing Beat Goes On. So far, the only thing we have received is a WHITE label promo with 3 different versions. Does this mean this will be the 3rd single?

I certainly hope so. This is the only song that can garner enough airplay to let people know of a new song and make it into the Hot 100. This really should've been the follow up to 4M.

uhm.. wasn't it already stated that TBGO is the confirmed 3rd single and it's a toss up between Hearbeat and Miles Away for the 4th and last single?

Guest Danny86
uhm.. wasn't it already stated that TBGO is the confirmed 3rd single and it's a toss up between Hearbeat and Miles Away for the 4th and last single?

"A reliable fan who knows someone who knows someone at Warners" is not a confirmation.

The only official hints we got for 3rd single is: "Beat Goes On" on the sticker, "Miles Away" on the release sheet and in a radio interview Madonna saying "I'm sure "Miles Away" is going to be a single".

"A reliable fan who knows someone who knows someone at Warners" is not a confirmation.

The only official hints we got for 3rd single is: "Beat Goes On" on the sticker, "Miles Away" on the release sheet and in a radio interview Madonna saying "I'm sure "Miles Away" is going to be a single".

actually it was something about two videos being shot en of July...

Guest Danny86
actually it was something about two videos being shot en of July...

Yes, from a fan who supposedly knows. If you read my reply in that thread, I said that one of the videos were probably filmed already because in one of the MTribe spoilers, it was already described.

6/16/2008 0.520M 215 spins

6/17/2008 0.749M 236 spins

------------------------------------------------

6/18/2008 0.824M 267 spins

6/19/2008 0.931M 300 spins

6/20/2008 0.993M 341 spins

6/21/2008 1.052M 373 spins

6/22/2008 1.435M 377 spins

6/23/2008 1.145M 437 spins

6/24/2008 1.016M 472 spins

6/25/2008 1.059M 510 spins

6/26/2008 1.029M 540 spins

6/27/2008 1.099M 575 spins

6/28/2008 1.874M 609 spins

6/29/2008 1.891M 627 spins

6/30/2008 1.861M 655 spins

7/01/2008 1.960M 684 spins

7/02/2008 2.120M 721 spins

7/03/2008 2.298M 749 spins

7/04/2008 2.444M 753 spins

7/05/2008 2.641M 779 spins

7/06/2008 2.877M 802 spins

7/07/2008 3.135M 829 spins

7/08/2008 3.275M 843 spins

7/09/2008 3.386M 841 spins

7/10/2008 3.404M 846 spins

7/11/2008 3.398M 870 spins

7/12/2008 3.497M 903 spins

7/13/2008 3.533M 915 spins

7/14/2008 3.565M 919 spins

7/15/2008 3.594M 928 spins

7/16/2008 3.636M 938 spins

7/17/2008 3.679M 945 spins

7/18/2008 3.544M 931 spins

7/19/2008 3.575M 923 spins

7/20/2008 3.642M 947 spins

7/21/2008 3.701M 957 spins

7/22/2008 3.728M 954 spins

7/23/2008 3.683M 937 spins

oh just fall down and be done with it... :dramatic:

6/16/2008 0.520M 215 spins

7/16/2008 3.636M 938 spins

7/17/2008 3.679M 945 spins

7/18/2008 3.544M 931 spins

7/19/2008 3.575M 923 spins

7/20/2008 3.642M 947 spins

7/21/2008 3.701M 957 spins

7/22/2008 3.728M 954 spins

7/23/2008 3.683M 937 spins

oh just fall down and be done with it... :dramatic:

Onto TBGO already !!!!

I'm sure this song is going to work well on tour, especially because people will already know which song are going to be play, and those who don't have the album are going to listen to this song before the concert

Are you guys in denial now? So what if it works well on tour? Anything that would make people jump up and down works well on tour. Is that all an artist like Madonna is interested in?

The song is a major flop in the US and is undeperforming worldwide.

We want more from Madonna. Better songs, better CDs, better videos.

Are you guys in denial now? So what if it works well on tour? Anything that would make people jump up and down works well on tour. Is that all an artist like Madonna is interested in?

Why is is that most madonna fans on this board are the most self absorbed people? She has given you 25 years of material, top notch material to go off of. Now you want and expect more? So what if you don't like this album, many do. She can't, won't, and will never please everyone. So get over yourself and lower your unreasonable expectations.

Guest Johnkm

You are very correct, but it has catastrophically flopped, a #57 peak in the US may have outpeaked sorry, but it spent more than one week in the Hot 100, and had more airplay too.

Plus in the Uk its also fairly poorly, by Madonna standards.

It shall be interesting to see how it performs on the United World Chart

Guest Danny86

The song is great enough, just because if someone likes it, it doesn't mean they are in denial. And you don't want "better songs, CDs, videos", you seem to want better chart positions and sales only.

And yes, at this point, Madonna is more interested in making people jump up and down than her own record sales. Anything wrong with that?

Why is is that most madonna fans on this board are the most self absorbed people? She has given you 25 years of material, top notch material to go off of. Now you want and expect more? So what if you don't like this album, many do. She can't, won't, and will never please everyone. So get over yourself and lower your unreasonable expectations.

I don't have to get over anything my friend. I was very proud of her even when she flopped with American Life and the singles from COADF in the USA because I didn't care all that much about the chart positions. The music itself was great and she was great too. And I felt she put her heart in those projects.

But HC is not up to the par, it has no substance, she's doing zero promotion for it, give it 2 me has a cheap ass video (it was created by some random kid with a computer) and the tour tickets (since everyone is focusing on the tour it seems) are outrageously expensive and I'm not going. Yes as a Madonna fan for 25 years now I do have high expectations from her and as a professional I can definitely afford tickets for her tour. It's just that I see some serious lack of professionalism on her side that makes me not want to support her - although I have to admit I did my part, I bought all remixes of Give it 2 me separately and called a couple of radio statios to request her silly song.

But It's the first time in 25 years I'm questioning the quality of her output and her work ethics. And that's because I'm loyal as a fan - not becasue I'm self absorbed.

I don't think it's a big deal if it flops. I mean, none of us are getting anything whether it's a hit or a flop.

casual fans usually think like that... but we are MADONNA fans and what's really annoying is that MADONNA deserve better... but then again, doing no promo for the album is only making matters worse... I guess we all just have to wait for the LIVE NATION era if there'll be changes... Despite having 25 years at WARNERS, I am glad she left them... HARD CANDY is such a missed opportunity... If only both artist and record company are fully behind it...

Guest dicktracy
So, unless a miracle happens GI2M is a flop in the US. How that will affect her shows' ending now? GI2M was supposed to be the very last song, the grand-finale...but does she want a flop for that? :dazed:

SPOILER!!!!!

Could you please spare us or at least warn us!

Guest iMisto

^ She doesn't deserve SHIT. She's a lazy cunt. lol (GI2M was the 2nd single and she didn't do ANYTHING for the damn video. Rihanna's Disturbia is the 100th single, and the video is arguably her best from this album.... )

But I hold the same hopes. LN era better bring something great. Good videos at the very least!!!

Well, am I the only one who think that Devil is the only song that could perform good on USA radio?

TBGO will be a huge flop in USA like GI2M. Mark my words.

Guest Johnkm

Even if she released it it wouldn't do very well, this era has a bad reputation now, and that will taint everything to come

So, unless a miracle happens GI2M is a flop in the US. How that will affect her shows' ending now? GI2M was supposed to be the very last song, the grand-finale...but does she want a flop for that? :dazed:

As if u dont know the answer to this question already!

I don't have to get over anything my friend. I was very proud of her even when she flopped with American Life and the singles from COADF in the USA because I didn't care all that much about the chart positions. The music itself was great and she was great too. And I felt she put her heart in those projects.

But HC is not up to the par, it has no substance, she's doing zero promotion for it, give it 2 me has a cheap ass video (it was created by some random kid with a computer) and the tour tickets (since everyone is focusing on the tour it seems) are outrageously expensive and I'm not going. Yes as a Madonna fan for 25 years now I do have high expectations from her and as a professional I can definitely afford tickets for her tour. It's just that I see some serious lack of professionalism on her side that makes me not want to support her - although I have to admit I did my part, I bought all remixes of Give it 2 me separately and called a couple of radio statios to request her silly song.

But It's the first time in 25 years I'm questioning the quality of her output and her work ethics. And that's because I'm loyal as a fan - not becasue I'm self absorbed.

Funny most of the reviews I read for HC were great. There are many that I've talked to that love the CD. So there are a few fans that just like to bitch about everything and everything she does. All you wrote is your opinion.

The tickets cost the same last time around. Who cares if you're there or not. I am a 20 year fan and would not miss it. So you don't like the video... that equals lack of professionalism? So because she didn't do TV shows means she has lost her work ethic? You didn't get exactly what you wanted so you're blaming her? As I said, your expectations are unreasonable.

I'm a loyal fan and I'm enjoying the CD for myself, not because of how GI2M does on the chart. I'm also gonna be loving the show and not cutting off my nose to spite my face. I think you really need to think about setting up some boundries for yourself cause clearly you are taking things a bit too personally.