GIVE IT 2 ME USA Airplay

mtzlplk

What is this bitching about GI2M being a flop all about? I thought that the song went to the US radio just yesterday, no?

I see you joined in April so you missed the whole fiasco in March when 4M was released. Check this out....lol....I remember the day they sent 4M to radio and it was around 12 noon on the east coast of the US....so that makes it 9 AM on the west coast. There were people in here FLIPPING out that 4M wasn't being played like every hour and they were screaming flop....keep in mind this was literally HOURS after the song had been sent to radio officially. LOL

Welcome to MNation!!! :electropop:

Now, I don't think GI2M is going to be a hit honestly, but still it's just hilarious that here we are 1 DAY after it's official add date and here we go with the "chicken little" B.S. already.

You tell 'em Kurt.

:vanitybonet:

SNAP

SNAP

SNAP

:vanitybonet:

It's just funny....I'm not trying to dis anybody or anything...I don't even remember the people who were doing it honestly. I just remember laughing because, my gosh it was NOON where I live....the song had literally been out like 5 hours and because it hadn't SHOT to number one on Mediabase (or WHATEVER damn chart...there are like 80 of 'em it seems) it was a FLOP FLOP FLOP!! :lmao:

Guest dicktracy
I see you joined in April so you missed the whole fiasco in March when 4M was released. Check this out....lol....I remember the day they sent 4M to radio and it was around 12 noon on the east coast of the US....so that makes it 9 AM on the west coast. There were people in here FLIPPING out that 4M wasn't being played like every hour and they were screaming flop....keep in mind this was literally HOURS after the song had been sent to radio officially. LOL

Welcome to MNation!!! :electropop:

Now, I don't think GI2M is going to be a hit honestly, but still it's just hilarious that here we are 1 DAY after it's official add date and here we go with the "chicken little" B.S. already.

:scared: I'm hoping it will make the Top 40 at least. Who knows... it may be a slow burner... I found this article today. Too soon to predict?

''Give It 2 Me'' on the US radio: Your help is needed!

Category: Radios.

The leading radio monitor in America, Allaccess.com/Mediabase, just released Top 40 add alert report

and Madonna was not the Top add. The young Jonas Brothers new single was the top add

with 47 stations added over Madonna who was only added at 8 radio stations.

Last week 11 radio stations added "Give It 2 Me". Hopefully, they won't abandon the song.

Wwith the combined 19 stations the song can build momentum and eventually be added across the board based on performance.

Everyone please call your Top 40 station and request "Give It 2 Me" !

Madonna fans must unite all across the USA and make their requests heard.

Thanks to Savymicheal.

Guest Bad Robot

Just the fact that that "alert" is listed under "Category: Radios" drives me nuts, because it becomes obvious that this is someone outside the US ("radio" is not pluralized in English unless you're referring to the actual stereo system/receiver), so why are people who don't even live in the US requesting it or organizing efforts to do so, when you are never going to actually be listening to any of these radio stations?

Just the fact that that "alert" is listed under "Category: Radios" drives me nuts, because it becomes obvious that this is someone outside the US ("radio" is not pluralized in English unless you're referring to the actual stereo system/receiver), so why are people who don't even live in the US requesting it or organizing efforts to do so, when you are never going to actually be listening to any of these radio stations?

WHat's Madonna's problem in her career right now? Her airplay there. So, we should all focus on that.. And since some US fans think that it's degrading to call a radio station, someone has to do it..

Guest Bad Robot

It's not "degrading," it just doesn't make any sense.

The only reason anyone should ever call a radio station to make a request is if they want to hear that particular song on that particular station.

I live in Boston, so why would I call a radio station in NYC or LA? And why would I ever call a radio station in another country altogether?

People complain here so much about the inaccuracy of the charts, that it's not "fair" or whatever, and yet here you all are deliberately contributing to the very subverting of the system that led to it being inaccurate.

The fairest charts would exist in a world where people bought songs/albums they wanted to hear and then requested songs on the radio only if they were listening to the radio and wanted to hear that song on that radio station at that time. Nothing more, nothing less. You'd then see a very accurate reflection of what people truly like at the time.

You can argue "well that's not the world we live in" but I think it makes much more sense to live that way and then let things happen as they may. Every time people here try to control the charts, they are trying to cheat the system. I think, if it ever works (which I don't think it does), it's a hollow victory. It means very little to win a game by cheating.

^ I agree. I have never requested any songs in the radio anyway, but if I did I would never do it in the States as I live in London. However I still think the official Hot 100 chart should be based on sales only. I find it incredible that almost no rock acts reach nimber 1 these days, if they do if due to an amazingly big digital sales

6/16/2008 0.520M 215 spins

6/17/2008 0.749M 236 spins

------------------------------------------------

6/18/2008 0.824M 267 spins

6/19/2008 0.931M 300 spins

6/20/2008 0.993M 341 spins

6/21/2008 1.052M 373 spins

----

6/23/2008 1.145M 437 spins

6/24/2008 1.016M 472 spins

------------------------------------------------

6/25/2008 1.059M 510 spins

I really hope these spins gain last for another week... we have to get GI2M aired in a syndicated show... like OPEN HOUSE PARTY

It's #74 on Mediabase now with 40 stations playing it. Bad thing is most spins are overnight...

f@ck those 100 more POP stations... they should drop 4MINUTES and get on board GI2M...

^ I agree. I have never requested any songs in the radio anyway, but if I did I would never do it in the States as I live in London. However I still think the official Hot 100 chart should be based on sales only. I find it incredible that almost no rock acts reach nimber 1 these days, if they do if due to an amazingly big digital sales

That's because rock is dead and has been for a number of years now.

Guest peibol

in my opinion I want people to like madonna I want them to get her message and if I have to do that through requests. I'll do it, through a song madonna can absorve you that's what happened to me with die another day.

So VOTE!

Has Z100 spun it at all today does anyone know?

this is what someone from NY on Fanzine is saying about the station and playing the song:

*URGENT NOTICE* So, once again I called Z-100 to request Madonna's "Give it 2 Me". This time though, I decided to ask that one particular D.J. (who happens to be a male) when will they start playing the song. He informed me that he honestly does not know WHEN AND IF they'll play the song. I informed him that the song is being played all over America, and that I am assuming that N.Y. isn't really responding to the song well. He replied that the song isn't getting requests BUT gaurantees it WILL be played if more people REQUEST it.

So, there you have it. If you all want this song to succeed in America, I suggest we all continue to work just as hard as we we did with "4 Minutes". 1 thing that I will say about them "Lambs" is that even after the 1st single of any Mariah effort they CONTINUE to REQUEST singles after singles after singles. It doesn't take that long to simply put in or call in a request. I seriously feel that our energy RIGHT NOW should simply be on getting "Give it 2 Me" on American Radio. We're already at Summer here in the states and this song is PERFECT for this season.

Let's do this!!!

botoxic at Pulse:

Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Alternative: 5 spins, 0.015 million impressions

Hot AC: 13 spins, 0.058 million impressions

Latin: 42 spins, 0.839 million impressions

Pop: 235 spins, 0.619 million impressions

Rhythmic: 257 spins, 0.367 million impressions

TOTAL: 552 spins, 1.898 million impressions

NuStarters: (2 spins or more weekly)

KKOB Albuquerque

Mediabase CHR/Pop Jump!

MADONNA || Give It 2 Me || +126 spins || 40 stations playing

this is what someone from NY on Fanzine is saying about the station and playing the song:

*URGENT NOTICE* So, once again I called Z-100 to request Madonna's "Give it 2 Me". This time though, I decided to ask that one particular D.J. (who happens to be a male) when will they start playing the song. He informed me that he honestly does not know WHEN AND IF they'll play the song. I informed him that the song is being played all over America, and that I am assuming that N.Y. isn't really responding to the song well. He replied that the song isn't getting requests BUT gaurantees it WILL be played if more people REQUEST it.

So, there you have it. If you all want this song to succeed in America, I suggest we all continue to work just as hard as we we did with "4 Minutes". 1 thing that I will say about them "Lambs" is that even after the 1st single of any Mariah effort they CONTINUE to REQUEST singles after singles after singles. It doesn't take that long to simply put in or call in a request. I seriously feel that our energy RIGHT NOW should simply be on getting "Give it 2 Me" on American Radio. We're already at Summer here in the states and this song is PERFECT for this season.

Let's do this!!!

Its a double edge sword though. If they dont play the track people dont know its out there for they cant request it or even have the opportunity to like it or not. At the same time if they arent playing it and a huge amount of fans calls to request it they know that its only Madonna's fanbase since like I said, no one else would know its out since they arent playing it. I could care less what happens at this point. If it catches on thats great if it doesnt, whatever. Im just glad I got to hear a new Madonna song (4 Minutes) non stop on the radio again after 6 damn years of hardly anything.

Its a double edge sword though. If they dont play the track people dont know its out there for they cant request it or even have the opportunity to like it or not. At the same time if they arent playing it and a huge amount of fans calls to request it they know that its only Madonna's fanbase since like I said, no one else would know its out since they arent playing it. I could care less what happens at this point. If it catches on thats great if it doesnt, whatever. Im just glad I got to hear a new Madonna song (4 Minutes) non stop on the radio again after 6 damn years of hardly anything.

We can do so much .. yeah, we can call a couple of times a few radio stations but how much is this going to help? btw, it has never worked in the past. She needs to make people aware of her new song so they can start requesting it from the radio. She needs to do some promotion and some TV appearances, she needs to pick up the phone and call the radio stations again .. and she should have done a better more appealing video ... but I understand WBR didn't want to spend money so that lame ass video is not Madonna's fault.

Guest americana madonna

if z100 and other stations play "give it 2 me" a few times during the day, people will start requesting the song. its that simple. deejays can't say listeners are not requesting enough. outside of madonna's fan base, nobody knows the song. how can people request a song if they have never heard it before. "give it 2 me" is a hit song. even if it doesn't literally become a "hit" song. its radio's loss if they don't play this song.