GIVE IT 2 ME USA Airplay

mtzlplk

It goes for ads on June 17th.

Lets cross our fingers. And 4 Minutes must be slowing down. Instead of hearing it like 5 times everytime I get into my care I only hear it like once now. :dramatic::dramatic::dramatic:

Pop radio isn't giving this any advance play, so don't expect anything big. It probably won't even achieve half of 4M's airplay. Would be nice if it has notably higher than "Sorry," but very well may not.

Give It 2 Me receiving no advance play from POP even if 4 MINUTES is 'slowly' going down doesn't bode well... all its 72 spins is from RHYTHMIC...

stop being so negative! :boxing:

i think radio has been very good to 4M... so they just keep playing it. hopefully, now that the GI2M video is out, they'll start playing it. :thumbsup:

I don't think he's being negative, he's just being realistic. I don't think "Give It 2 Me" is going to do much in the States either. In fact, any interest that might be shown in it will be very short-lived.

Pop radio isn't giving this any advance play, so don't expect anything big. It probably won't even achieve half of 4M's airplay. Would be nice if it has notably higher than "Sorry," but very well may not.

Probably it will do better than Sorry beacuse of Pharrell. We will see.

"Sorry's" 5M- audience looks monumental for GI2M to reach right about now.

Fact is, a track should be seeing a decent level of advancep lay before the official radio date. If GI2M doesn't start getting some in the next week, it very well may not even reach "Sorry"-like airplay (or if it does, it may not be much more). Of course, hope for the best (the best scenario would be HU-like airplay, but that looks like a stretch at this point).

I know it's such a cliche and stupid question to ask at this point but i wasn't in the net the past few weeks, are there any plans of a promo for GI2M? After all, that's what most posters here were saying that MADONNA was just saving energy for promo of the 2nd single because M is just letting 4M sell itself... so are there any scheduled promo in the US?

I know it's such a cliche and stupid question to ask at this point but i wasn't in the net the past few weeks, are there any plans of a promo for GI2M? After all, that's what most posters here were saying that MADONNA was just saving energy for promo of the 2nd single because M is just letting 4M sell itself... so are there any scheduled promo in the US?

um .. haven't heard anything. no.

:thumbsdown:

Guest Danny86

Those posters were obviously being delusional, it was a sure thing that Madonna would only promote during the album release week. And now she's rehearsing for her tour, so don't expect any promo.

radio stations tried to do advanced play of 4 minutes, but they were contacted by Warner to stop playing it

4M is selling itself just fine- whether it's selling the album, that's another story.

I highly doubt without the success of 4M HC would still be in the Top 15 of the album charts. AL's trajectory would be a more likely scenario at this point. It's fair to say it's at least stabilizing the album no?

4M is selling itself just fine- whether it's selling the album, that's another story.

Last time I checked 4 minutes helped move over a half million units in the US alone and about 2 million world wide. If the song was shit no one would by the album.

REMINDER: GI2M has not gone for radio adds!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

With 2 days to go here's how Hot 100 Airplay is shaping up before recurrents are removed:

No. 1 - Lil Wayne (-2.4 million)

No. 2 - Leona (+0.3 million)

No. 7 - Rihanna (+7.7 million)

No. 8 - Danity Kane (+2.0 million)

No. 12 - Keyshia Cole (+5.5 milllion)

No. 13 - Madonna (-1.6 million)

No. 15 - Usher, Beyonce & Lil Wayne (+0.7 million)

No. 17 - Chris Brown (+0.1 million) Take You Down

No. 18 - Mariah (+0.5 million)

No. 22 - Natasha Bedingfield (+3.0 million)

No. 24 - Jesse McCartney (+2.7 million)

No. 31 - Alicia Keys (+1.7 million)

No. 32 - Chris Brown (+2.6 million) Forever

No. 41 - Katy Perry (+5.1 million)

No. 81 - Duffy (+1.4 million)

And over on the building streaming chart:

No. 1 - Leona

No. 2 - Mariah Bye Bye

No. 3 - Rihanna

No. 5 - Mariah Touch My Body

No. 6 - Usher

No. 8 - Madonna 4 Minutes

No. 25 - Jesse McCartney

No. 28 - Chris Brown Forever

No. 43 - Natasha Bedingfield

No. 93 - Coldplay Violet Hill

No. 116 - Madonna Give It To Me

No. 154 - Katy Perry

Goes for radio adds June 17 in the USA:

http://www.fmqb.com/Article.asp?id=16691

6/17 Mainstream

Alicia Keys "Teenage Love Affair" (J/RMG)

Coldplay "Viva La Vida" (Capitol)

Kardinal Offishall f/Akon “Dangerous” (Konlive/Interscope)

Leona Lewis "Better In Time" (J/RCA)

Madonna "Give It 2 Me" (Warner Bros.)

Rihanna "Disturbia" (Def Jam/IDJMG)

The-Dream "I Luv Your Girl" (Radio Killa/Def Jam/IDJMG)

Goes for radio adds June 17 in the USA:

http://www.fmqb.com/Article.asp?id=16691

6/17 Mainstream

Alicia Keys "Teenage Love Affair" (J/RMG)

Coldplay "Viva La Vida" (Capitol)

Kardinal Offishall f/Akon “Dangerous” (Konlive/Interscope)

Leona Lewis "Better In Time" (J/RCA)

Madonna "Give It 2 Me" (Warner Bros.)

Rihanna "Disturbia" (Def Jam/IDJMG)

The-Dream "I Luv Your Girl" (Radio Killa/Def Jam/IDJMG)

at least GI2M will surely do better than Coldplay...