GIVE IT 2 ME USA Airplay

mtzlplk

I fear this song will tank on U.S. radio. I agree it's a great song. I wouldn't compare it to "classic Madonna" because I hear more "classic Madonna" in 'Dance 2night' than 'Give it 2 Me', yet 'Dance 2night' is a great funky beat that I think could do well on radio.

The fear that she'll get criticize for having too much Justin or other collaborations on her songs to garner a hit is just a poor excuse to release other songs that could be great hits. For instance, 'Devil...' is a sure fire hit. I just know it. It's exactly what U.S. radio would eat up. If they pass this song up as a single, they are idiots.

I just don't know what to think regarding the success of 'GI2M' right now. I hope I am wrong, but I just think it will be dismissed like 'Sorry', and 'Jump'. And those were great songs as well.

They should stick to the more flavored collaborations as releases rather releasing Madonna's favorite tracks. We all know that Madonna favored 'GI2M' over '4 Minutes' and it appears she is also interested in seeing 'Miles Away' being released when I think it won't do as well on radio either.

I'm not a huge fan of 'Candy Shop', but the more I listen, the more I am able to appreciate it. I think this song would do well on U.S. radio, so will 'Devil' and 'Dance 2night' as mentioned!

I fear this song will tank on U.S. radio. I agree it's a great song. I wouldn't compare it to "classic Madonna" because I hear more "classic Madonna" in 'Dance 2night' than 'Give it 2 Me', yet 'Dance 2night' is a great funky beat that I think could do well on radio.

The fear that she'll get criticize for having too much Justin or other collaborations on her songs to garner a hit is just a poor excuse to release other songs that could be great hits. For instance, 'Devil...' is a sure fire hit. I just know it. It's exactly what U.S. radio would eat up. If they pass this song up as a single, they are idiots.

I just don't know what to think regarding the success of 'GI2M' right now. I hope I am wrong, but I just think it will be dismissed like 'Sorry', and 'Jump'. And those were great songs as well.

They should stick to the more flavored collaborations as releases rather releasing Madonna's favorite tracks. We all know that Madonna favored 'GI2M' over '4 Minutes' and it appears she is also interested in seeing 'Miles Away' being released when I think it won't do as well on radio either.

I'm not a huge fan of 'Candy Shop', but the more I listen, the more I am able to appreciate it. I think this song would do well on U.S. radio, so will 'Devil' and 'Dance 2night' as mentioned!

I think she wanted CANDY SHOP for the first single. She was right.

Guest beachboi-69
they're also playing Miles Away as the 'new one' on KNHC seattle...they've always been huge supporters of madonna. they play all her stuff. even 'How High' got spun regularly when Hung Up was out!

How High... was such single material...No wonder they played it.

Guest beachboi-69

If it tanks on US radio it will be a travisty.. however following a huge first single it's not that bad. The track will easy Top the charts around the world... If beat goes on hist radio 3rd.. There is a great opportunity to have another US radio hit.

4 Minutes is gonna take some time to cool off.. and I think Git2Me is the perfect follow up... regardless of radio airplay.. It will sell very well.

The Billboard Hot 100 has never been this much in Madonna's favor in the past 10 years. She sells and the downloads are being tracked at least.

Guest beachboi-69

As far as a reaction record goes... Give It 2 Me... seems to have the first listen going for it. Pretty much everyone I have played the track for once, thinks it's at least good.

GIVE IT TO ME

5/21/2008 0.117M AudImp 36 spins

5/22/2008 0.103M AudImp 35 spins

5/23/2008 0.096M AudImp 32 spins

5/24/2008 0.100M AudImp 34 spins

If it tanks on US radio it will be a travisty.. however following a huge first single it's not that bad. The track will easy Top the charts around the world... If beat goes on hist radio 3rd.. There is a great opportunity to have another US radio hit.

4 Minutes is gonna take some time to cool off.. and I think Git2Me is the perfect follow up... regardless of radio airplay.. It will sell very well.

The Billboard Hot 100 has never been this much in Madonna's favor in the past 10 years. She sells and the downloads are being tracked at least.

I think that its major sales have already been done.

It will sell more if people hear it on the radio. "Sorry" didnt sell much because people didnt hear it.

I think that its major sales have already been done.

It will sell more if people hear it on the radio. "Sorry" didnt sell much because people didnt hear it.

we'll see... hope the remixes will be good... hope there will be a new remix to chew on when it gets played at radio stations...

thats the whole thing here. "Obviously" a song thats played on the radio will increase sales. Especially if its good like GI2Me, which is a WAY better song in every way compared to "Sorry". So the fact that a song, at the minimum most people find good, if radio eats it up just enough, that'll stabalize sales of the album. GI2Me has the potential of affecting many casual fans, and even haters, cause thats the group wholl make the bigest difference with sales of the album. The hardcores for the most part already bought the album.

Guest boytoyville

^ I actually think it would be smart of them to release the remix instead of the album version. More people seem to like that version & I am included in that. I didn't really think Give it to me was a stand out track until I heard the remix & now I really like both versions.

^ I actually think it would be smart of them to release the remix instead of the album version. More people seem to like that version & I am included in that. I didn't really think Give it to me was a stand out track until I heard the remix & now I really like both versions.

NO, the remix suck the life out of that song. Its crap.

Not a big fan of the remix either (mainly because I don't like oakenfold) but it's not bad and defnitely doesn't suck. They could market original and remix to different audiences. They could release a video mix also. They could even release a more urban remix for the urban radio ... well they could do many things but given they way they promoted the record so far most likely they will not. Madonna and/or WBR do not seem to be willing to go all out for another radio hit. I think they have spend enough money already for the collaborations and they don't want to spend more unless they see some revenue back which so far is not happening ...

... her 3-year old's favorite song on the disc is GI2M... and my friend also likes the song a lot.

i really think GI2M could be bigger than 4M. we just need radio to play it. :thumbsup:

um .. sorry but how's that it's appealing to a 3-year old an indication it could be bigger than 4M???? if anything, it makes the song sound completely childish and no better than a Dora the Explorer song.

Guest iMisto
if anything, it makes the song sound completely childish and no better than a Dora the Explorer song.

:lmao: omg... that's hilarious.

You know what though? 4M appealed much more to young kids than it did to adults. And the market is controlled by YOUNG kids. Not 30yr old Madge fans. :nocomment:

Guest bruinboy222
agree. the remix is just a shell of the original. the original is much better and should be the one PLAYED on radio.

speaking of which... i made a friend of mine a CD of various songs and... her 3-year old's favorite song on the disc is GI2M... and my friend also likes the song a lot.

i really think GI2M could be bigger than 4M. we just need radio to play it. :thumbsup:

my best friend's 3 year old daughter (a Madonna fan) only listens to 4M and GI2M when they listen to album in the car...."daddy, play it again."...my friend tells her that there's other songs too...."no...play it again."

my 3 year old nephew likes the song too...although my sister fast forwards through the "get stupid" part....he loves beat goes on too.

hmm.....3 year olds like it....wonder if David had anything to do with it =)

Make a remix with t-pain hurry!!

:crazy:

yeah and feature ne-yo while at it with a rap intro by jay-z and further with beyonce on it as well and further remixed by dancing dj's. so the credit will look like this:

Give It 2 Me (Madonna featuring Ne-Yo with Beyonce with intro by Jay-Z duet with T-Pain Versus Dancing DJ's)

i think kids just like a good beat. they don't really care about the lyrics or who's popular. they just want to dance and sing a long... and GI2M is great for that.

as for skipping the "get stupid" part... well... who among us hasn't skipped that part at one time or another...? :bruised:

I agree about that. I can recall some of my younger cousins LOVING Cher's Believe years ago. I was 15 I think, so they must have been around 8 or 9. And they werent thinking "OMG this is a woman pushing 50! I cant like this!" They liked the song for what it was and age was never an issue.

I still hope that there is a secret condition on the livenation contract about Hard Candy's US airplay! I don't know but some Clear Channel stations treated her like a goddess those last 3 months.. Z100 had microsites dedicated to her, special interviews...

The timing of the release is great! In the heart of the summer(parties, clubs)!

Guest boytoyville
as long as they remove the left..right.. any version will be radio friendly

They could cut that part a little short but they should leave it in. People will like it, people like dancing to that part. It's silly & people like silly shit in their dance songs.

Guest LikeAHugeMFan!
They could cut that part a little short but they should leave it in. People will like it, people like dancing to that part. It's silly & people like silly shit in their dance songs.

that part adds nothing positive or exciting at all to the song. its simply an extra unecessary additive like extra fat which needs to be cut lol. w/out that part, the song is a flawless pop/dance jam