Backlash

Mad_On_Her

Riiiiight. Ok.

Whats with the "riiiiiiight"?

She had the biggest debut of the year in terms of sales yet people are freaking out calling it a flop. Where am I wrong?

Whats with the "riiiiiiight"?

She had the biggest debut of the year in terms of sales yet people are freaking out calling it a flop. Where am I wrong?

You're not.

The album is dropping like a stone in both the US and UK. She had a big debut because shes MADONNA and because its May. Let's talk when its December when the album has struggled to sell AL numbers.

Okay. Lets.

I just think that considering the fact that the song is her biggest hit since 2000 she'd be selling better. I don't know how much the market is down, I know it's bad. But you'd think that it wouldn't be sinking so fast. And I just checked the UK numbers and those are crappy too. It's just weird that she's performing so much worse than the last album. I know, I know, it was the holidays when Confessions came out, but I think it still would have broken a million copies over here even if it was released in say, February. I don't think this one will do that. 4 Minutes just isn't selling the album, maybe everyone bought it because of Justin Timberlake. lol

And she hasn't promoted it but I don't think that matters, she's never promoted her albums in the same fervor that her peers do. Usually her albums sell off of her name and the quality of the song. We all saw what happened when she put out a shitty first single. :lol:

LOL!

how can anyone even compare cd #'s to those in 2003? What has she sold now? 400,000? thats like 2 million in 2003

Not to mention, after seeing the list of the 25 best-selling albums of the year so far (U.S.), a list which she was already on after one week, it's hard to imagine why anyone is calling the album a flop. That should be the end of the story, period. Who knows why they keep going on and on and on and on about it ...

But people will always have their hang-ups when it comes to Madonna. Just look at the way everyone from Neil Diamond to Death Cab For Cutie gets heralded in the chart write-ups for having 100,000+ debuts, yet all they can say about M. is that she opened with less than Mariah Carey. WTF?

With the combination of the Stubhub deal and leaving Australia out is this going to be the begining of another backlash?? I have to say initially I was really just disappointed that Madonna wasn't coming to Australia again but now reading how fans are missing out on seeing her since the tickets are going at ridiculous high prices from scalpers I feel worse for you guys. If Madonna came down here finally and were faced with that it would be worse I think than Madonna not coming at all. How can Madonna expect someone to pay as much as 10,000 to see her perform I've never been so disgusted to be a Madonna fan after reading that.

And from the sounds of it tickets sales aren't as strong as in the past. What a shame!

There is definitely a backlash - over these issues, and more. Such as Madonna's involvement in the hypocritical, homophobic cult of kabbalah. How much it will affect her career remains to be seen. But there is a backlash, no doubt.

Not to mention, after seeing the list of the 25 best-selling albums of the year so far (U.S.), a list which she was already on after one week, it's hard to imagine why anyone is calling the album a flop. That should be the end of the story, period. Who knows why they keep going on and on and on and on about it ...

But people will always have their hang-ups when it comes to Madonna. Just look at the way everyone from Neil Diamond to Death Cab For Cutie gets heralded in the chart write-ups for having 100,000+ debuts, yet all they can say about M. is that she opened with less than Mariah Carey. WTF?

Its because for the most part album sales are in the shitter. You have to score like 3 or more mega hits just to slightly get passed 1 million these days. All you have to do is look how many albums the top 100 have sold so far. About 80% of them cant even get passed gold anymore.

I guess. Honestly I don't worry about Madonna's sales like I used to, it's something that everyone likes to talk about on here but I think it's getting less important as she gets older. I see people freaking about it on here and I see the numbers and yeah, they look pretty bad but I don't think it's gonna adversely affect her career. Everyone's doing badly and the line between flop and success is being blurred. I do think that people are less interested in her than they were 2 years ago, but I think it's because she hasn't had much of a break. But I guess she was on a timer to get this thing out. I think this will be her last commercially relevant album. By the time she puts out her next project, she won't be under a record label and she'll be 52. It just won't be the same for Madonna the pop star. One would expect a major shift musically by then, at least I hope.

I know right. It is weird isn't it. It's like sales dictate your lives.

Better then constant negativity and having a bitchy attitude toward anyone and everyone. If I bother you that much thats what the "ignore" feature is for.

I would take my own advice. You're the one keeps talking without saying anything. Post a smilie.

*yawn* Ill make it easier for you. Ill just put you on ignore. All you bring is a negative psychotic energy anyway so it will be a nice change to not have to read your constant bitch fights with half the board. So feel free to reply with a foaming out the mouth post since you thrive on shit like that. Just know that I wont be seeing it. Bye.

*yawn* Ill make it easier for you. Ill just put you on ignore. All you bring is a negative psychotic energy anyway so it will be a nice change to not have to read your constant bitch fights with half the board. So feel free to reply with a foaming out the mouth post since you thrive on shit like that. Just know that I wont be seeing it. Bye.

I'm not the one that sounds all worked up. I only go there with people that are worth it.

Alright, guys that's enough. No need to get this shit closed. This thread probably should have been closed the moment it was made anyway... :confused:

Yes. Because, even if it's kinda true, is just YET ANOTHER of Md_On_Blah's rants about Madonna not touring Australia and being shit.

You know what, you're right. This thread has gone on long enough. Everyone including myself has said what they needed to say, bitchfights and all. No need for it anymore - this section is already enough of a mess. Closed.