Backlash

Mad_On_Her

I'm not surprised the tour is selling slowly. She's being outrageous with her pricing - so much so that I'm not even going this year. I paid a nice $170 in 2006 for the seats she's charging $350 for now. Yeah right, like I'm gonna for that. lol

Ultimately there's a limit to how much you can rip people off and she rode that pretty well during the Confessions Tour. Right now, there's less buzz around her, her album isn't selling, and instead of keeping things the way they were A MERE TWO YEARS AGO, she jacks up the prices. So it's no surprise that this is slightly blowing up in her face. I'll buy your albums and watch your videos Madonna, but I'm not gonna go broke for you. Thanks for 2004 and 2006, but I don't think I'll be going to your tours anymore. Bai!

:thumbsup: Well CLEARLY TEAM MADONNA thought HC was going to perform as well as COADF hence the high ticket prices. I think they have shot themselves in

the foot this time. The level of anger about the way Madonna and her team are treating fans is astonishing. I have paid £85 for Golden Circle so I am ok with that.

But she is crazy to think charging £160 to sit in the back of a stadium isn't going to piss fans off. All this crap about everyone being caught in the material world, her

studing of Kaballah and her constant preaching is really fucking me off when I see the sheer greed and profit that is being made on this tour. She has 5 houses, a private jet and army of staff. Does she realise how hard life is for most people. Seriously the woman needs a REALITY CHECK.

Guest boytoyville
Listen, throughout this entire thread you've had this "cheeky" attitude about people complaining because they couldn't afford it. If you didn't want your comments to be misunderstood then maybe you just should have shut the hell up.

No maybe you should just learn how to read better. thanks.

Guest boytoyville
OH PLIZ. Billboard had Mariahs last tour as sold out and they were all half empty. There are dozens of way to manipulate that.

I don't ever remember billboard saying Mariah's tour sold out. They may have mentioned that some of her shows did but I don't ever recall an article from Billboard stating Mimi having a sold out tour.

No maybe you should just learn how to read better. thanks.

Or maybe you save us the verbal-diarrhea and quit trying to argue with me and the rest of the people on here who are voicing some pretty valid complaints about the way this tour is beind handled. If you're too thick, ignorant, or egotistical to understand where we're coming from, you're better off gloating somewhere else. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to understand why people aren't down with what she's doing. If you can only justify it with bullshit like "OMG MADONNA IS AN AMAZING BUSINESSWOMAN" or "GUYS IF YOU DONT LIKE THE PRICES DONT BUY THEM!" then yes you are better off SHUTTING UP. I wanted to see Madonna just as much as you do. But since she's decided to make it a fucking hassle, the desire has dwindled. That's no fun for me, so quit acting like we're all here to just bitch for the sake of it. Some of us are actually pretty angered by this. PERIOD.

will everyone PLEASE stop complaining about ticket prices?? madonna can charge whatever she wants. those who can't afford it are just shit out of luck. get a job or something! those who can afford it, like me, are just cool and will have a good time. that's all there is to it. now go lag off.

LMFAO at "get a job" what rubbish idiocy is that? Perhaps they prefer to EAT than go to the bloody concert?

I'm tired of the complaining too. I was disappointed at first. But, Boytoy and several others have changed my mind now. I'm just glad she's touring at all and that there is still a demand for her. Someday there might not be that 'demand' anymore and then what? We'll all be eating our words and wishing she was touring at any price and she won't be. We're in the last stages of her career now. We just need be thankful for everything she does and puts out. I love her, she's given me a lot of happiness over the years, given me strength and dried my eyes in the worst of times too. So, I forgive her and I'm not complaining anymore.

will everyone PLEASE stop complaining about ticket prices?? madonna can charge whatever she wants. those who can't afford it are just shit out of luck. get a job or something! those who can afford it, like me, are just cool and will have a good time. that's all there is to it. now go lag off.

No we have the money, shes only offering the top Mezzaine seats where people eat popcorn, watch the show with binoculars and jerk off. not worth $354. thats the complaint. If you think thats cool, have fun there.

we all have to make sacrifices if we want to see Madonna. well, I don't, because I have money, but some people do. and if skipping a few meals gets them there, they should be okay with that. it's only 1 concert.

^ I agree. I understand it can be pricey. But it really is all about demand and supply. If the prices were low, everyone and their goddam momthers would be able to buy tickets. If you think it's hard now, imagine the chaos at fans trying to get $100-$200 floor tickets. It'd be pure madness.

It sucks for some, but she is the biggest icon alive today.

^ I agree. I understand it can be pricey. But it really is all about demand and supply. If the prices were low, everyone and their goddam momthers would be able to buy tickets. If you think it's hard now, imagine the chaos at fans trying to get $100-$200 floor tickets. It'd be pure madness.

Exactly, and the last thing I want is a bunch of annoying ass people who don't give a fuck about Madonna jamming up the place. There are enough of those anyway, but the prices help eliminate some of the chaff.

Not really, like i said the only tickets offered through ticketmaster are $354 top level Mezzaine seats where people jack off, eat popcorn, and watch the show with binoculars.

The money is not the issue here.

I changed it Bill, because I thought you were being an asshole and I thought that your original post deserved as little attention as possible. But now I see you were being sarcastic. It'll be changed back with a quickness.

Exactly, and the last thing I want is a bunch of annoying ass people who don't give a fuck about Madonna jamming up the place. There are enough of those anyway, but the prices help eliminate some of the chaff.

Right well the best seats are going to be flooded with those people. Best seats are given to people who work in the music/entertainment industry for free.

I like all your posts. Which show are you going to again?

Im all sorts of confused. Billboard is saying tickets are flying and people here are saying they are selling slowly. :wacko::wacko::wacko:

And am I getting this right? Ticketmaster is shelling out nosebleed seats in the 300 range? I thought floor seats were going to be 350 again this time? Im confused.

Guest chatty kathy
Right well the best seats are going to be flooded with those people. Best seats are given to people who work in the music/entertainment industry for free.

Also companies/corporations buy them and give them away to clients, friends, employees, ect.

Im all sorts of confused. Billboard is saying tickets are flying and people here are saying they are selling slowly. :wacko::wacko::wacko:

And am I getting this right? Ticketmaster is shelling out nosebleed seats in the 300 range? I thought floor seats were going to be 350 again this time? Im confused.

I think it means 'snub-hub' is holding the good tickets. :wink:

Also companies/corporations buy them and give them away to clients, friends, employees, ect.

I think it means 'snub-hub' is holding the good tickets. :wink:

Well fuck that. Im not paying more then 350-400 for a floor seat which is what it was last time. So what is she expecting? The floor to go for 500 and up? I hope most of the tickets flop at stub hub and they are forced to come down big time in price. Does the bitch not know that American's pockets are hurting right now!?

lol.....tickets just went on sale today, get it, today (for the u.s.a leg of the tour). how can there be a fucking backlash? what, was she suppose to sell the whole tour out today? jesus christ, get some other hobbies besides ciccone's ass.

:vanitybonet:

lol.....tickets just went on sale today, get it, today (for the u.s.a leg of the tour). how can there be a fucking backlash? what, was she suppose to sell the whole tour out today? jesus christ, get some other hobbies besides ciccone's ass.

To be fair NONE of her shows fully sellout until the actual day of the show. Last time I went to see her there were tons of tickets still being sold the day of.

that's how i feel too. I dont get the whole 'backlash' thing either. According to most on this very site, no one even knows about the tour, the cd, anything, cause she hasnt done any PROMOTION! so how can there be a backlash against something no one knows anything about? can there be a backlash when its only us that know? and most of us are going?

i think i'm in the minority cause i get that people dont want to pay 354 to sit in section 432. But you dont have to pay 354..there are other price ranges. everyone cant have a good seat. i'd be willing to pay 50 bucks and sit in section 511 just to be there. lucky enough i got good seats, but i'd go no matter what. i would just want to be there.

Its just her fans being dramatic as usual. Her album had the biggest worldwide debut of the year but its a flop. Did you know that? :lol:

I don't remember this much negativity surrounding her shows. Yes, there has always been controversy. But, this time, she's stepped on her true blue fans. You just don't do that.

And to the Australian fans, I hope she comes your way too. If not, try and get to another country to see her.

Thanks for your post my feelings exactly. If this tour isn't a smash Madonna probably will come to Australia on her next tour, shes obviously milking Americans and European fans for all she can at the moment which I find offensive.