Backlash

Mad_On_Her

Well I certainly don't buy A&F jeans and I certainly don't blow my money on stuff that I know is overpriced. That includes everything. Call me cheap or a jew, but I don't believe in doing that.

I don't understand the Jew reference. Seriously, though, I would call you smart. I think that's great. I was just pointing out (what I find to be the) humor in people who will shell out money for overpriced gadgets, clothes, vehicles, bottled water, and everything else that we all consume and enjoy on a weekly basis, without once complaining, and yet somehow feel the need to take a big stand against Madonna.

Guest boytoyville
Well I certainly don't buy A&F jeans and I certainly don't blow my money on stuff that I know is overpriced. That includes everything. Call me cheap or a jew, but I don't believe in doing that. Madonna's tour is overpriced and yes she's ripping off her fans, and Boytoyville can sit on his computer chair all day long and try to convince me to lick Madonna's undeserving ass with him, but I choose to see this realistically and she's overcharging. If this is what she has to do to see a considerable profit then maybe she should just save herself the trouble and go to Vegas.

I'll still support Madonna by buying her music.

Ok, I'll just call you cheap then & leave it at that. Nuff said :lol:

Guest FrozenLight

I think Live Nation expected the shows to take a longer time to sell and that is the reason why they are selling them 4 and a half months before she performs in the US!! Remember, DWT and RIT...tickets were sold about 7 or 8 weeks before she went on tour...this time around Live Nation figured let's increase the prices yet again and have a full 4 and a half months to sell-out shows (which means that even Boston which isn't sold-out yet will probably sell-out within 2 weeks or so and then a second show will be added. They will probably do the same for all other cities). But the truth is because she's been touring so much this decade, this tour will not have the same power/mystique effect that Drowned World Tour had.

I'm a big fan of hers but since I had the opportunity to see her for all 3 past tours, I'm ok with skipping thi sone if I don't get good seats. Many people probably figure I can still wait because she'll probably be on tour in 2 or 3 years time. So the rush to get tickets is no longer there...

Guest valhum
I don't understand the Jew reference. Seriously, though, I would call you smart. I think that's great. I was just pointing out (what I find to be the) humor in people who will shell out money for overpriced gadgets, clothes, vehicles, bottled water, and everything else that we all consume and enjoy on a weekly basis, without once complaining, and yet somehow feel the need to take a big stand against Madonna.

I think the main reason why people are complaining about Madonna's ticket prices is not how much but where those seats are.

All the New York & Chicago dates only have single tickets left. Boston does have some double tickets left. Once only single tickets can be found thats pretty much sold out. Even during Re-Invention & Confessions you could get a single ticket up until like a day before the show for almost all dates & billboard had them as sold out at the box office. I guess we will just have to wait for the official numbers to come in monthes from now but I guarentee you that Chicago & New York will be sold out as well as probably most of her other dates.

well, DW tour came after a 8 year time without touring, 2003´s RIT was sold as a greatest hits tour, and CT came with a big international hit.This tour with a new album, a big hit, but only two years from her last tour, so I can understand people don´t rushing to buy her super expensive tickets.Also, the crisis...

All the New York & Chicago dates only have single tickets left. Boston does have some double tickets left. Once only single tickets can be found thats pretty much sold out. Even during Re-Invention & Confessions you could get a single ticket up until like a day before the show for almost all dates & billboard had them as sold out at the box office. I guess we will just have to wait for the official numbers to come in monthes from now but I guarentee you that Chicago & New York will be sold out as well as probably most of her other dates.

I remember 2006 like it was yesterday because I was determined to jet to New York to see this hag. On the first day I couldn't get my tickets - the seats I wanted were gone within minutes. For weeks, I wasn't even able to ACCESS tickets from Ticketmaster for the New York dates. None even popped up. Maybe a nosebleed here and there. Finally, in early June, about 3 weeks before the show, I got lucky and got my tickets when Ticketmaster released their seats. When a show is deadlocked like that, you know its sold out. But you can still get floor seats for some of these shows.

I'm not saying the tour is gonna tank, of course not, bu I don't think it's gonna be as fast selling as the last one. For two reasons - #1 the prices, and #2 the huge lack of buzz and excitement about the woman right now. It's not something I am GLAD happened to Madonna. It's just the way I see it right now. And if fans are opting out of going to this show in droves, I can't say that I blame them for it. That's all I'm getting at. But why am I even trying to explain this to you? You'll just tell me I'm wrong and tell me I'm whining right?

the first ever Madonna tour to not sell out. PERIOD. And the first ever to tank tank tank like a skank skank skank.

And another thing - if you have the means to shell out upwards of $400 for this woman, then GOOD FOR YOU. Let's hope she marginally appreciates your dedication. With that said, I don't think it's cool or even appropriate to make fun of others who aren't up for doing that simply because they have other things in their life to tend to. Not everyone is gonna have the same willingless to blast away their disposable income like you do. The least you can do is not be a snob about it.

Ok, I'll just call you cheap then & leave it at that. Nuff said :lol:

Well then you don't mind if I call you a delusional fag with too much disposable income and no judgement. Feel free to lick madonnas asshole and blow all your $$ on her but dont blame the rest of us for having some SENSE.

Guest valhum
Well then you don't mind if I call you a delusional fag with too much disposable income and no judgement. Feel free to lick madonnas asshole and blow all your $$ on her but dont blame the rest of us for having some SENSE.

I knew you were gonna say something harsh :lol:

Guest boytoyville
And another thing - if you have the means to shell out upwards of $400 for this woman, then GOOD FOR YOU. Let's hope she marginally appreciates your dedication. With that said, I don't think it's cool or even appropriate to make fun of others who aren't up for doing that simply because they have other things in their life to tend to. Not everyone is gonna have the same willingless to blast away their disposable income like you do. The least you can do is not be a snob about it.

I never made fun of others for not being able to get or pay for tickets besides you & that is because you said,"call me cheap or a jew in your post" so I was just being checky. Beyond that I NEVER made fun og anybody I simply stated that whiney & complaining about the prices & availability was a mute point & that there were other options for tickets. Get your facts straight before making accusations next time.

I'm not surprised the tour is selling slowly. She's being outrageous with her pricing - so much so that I'm not even going this year. I paid a nice $170 in 2006 for the seats she's charging $350 for now. Yeah right, like I'm gonna for that. lol

Ultimately there's a limit to how much you can rip people off and she rode that pretty well during the Confessions Tour. Right now, there's less buzz around her, her album isn't selling, and instead of keeping things the way they were A MERE TWO YEARS AGO, she jacks up the prices. So it's no surprise that this is slightly blowing up in her face. I'll buy your albums and watch your videos Madonna, but I'm not gonna go broke for you. Thanks for 2004 and 2006, but I don't think I'll be going to your tours anymore. Bai!

I feel the same way.

Guest boytoyville

The only reason I said that was because of mentioning it himself in his post. Also you are right I will spend my money however I choose & think it's silly that people can't stop complaining about tix when more shows are to be added & no one is making you buy the most expensive tickets. Yes it would be great if she charged everybody 50-100 dollars but then we wouldn't get that huge Madonna production will all know & love then would we?

I totally understand if someone can't afford the tickets and need to save their money for other things.

But that's no different from lots of other things. Lots of people can't afford designer clothes by Prada or an apartment in a certain neighborhood. That doesn't mean the people who make those clothes or build those apartments are somehow ripping people off. That's just life, and life isn't fair.

From what I see, the top price is the same. She hasn't gone up on the prices even though costs have gone up in those two years.

The only way I could see that she could make more affordable tickets is if she scaled down her show. One day it would be cool for her to sing with a band with less going on.

Guest chatty kathy
I am not sure the casual Madonna fan cares about the StubHub deal or the Australian snub, honestly.

IMPO casual fans will not buy tickets at the prices they are, we the more hardcore fans will however.

I totally understand if someone can't afford the tickets and need to save their money for other things.

But that's no different from lots of other things. Lots of people can't afford designer clothes by Prada or an apartment in a certain neighborhood. That doesn't mean the people who make those clothes or build those apartments are somehow ripping people off. That's just life, and life isn't fair.

From what I see, the top price is the same. She hasn't gone up on the prices even though costs have gone up in those two years.

The only way I could see that she could make more affordable tickets is if she scaled down her show. One day it would be cool for her to sing with a band with less going on.

Sorry, I know it's an expensive, elaborate show, but rest assured, she has adjusted pricing so that she will still make a HUGE profit.

Well, I can say, backlash IS starting HERE, with me. I'm pissed.

I can't even imagine how Australian fans feel.. cause I'm mad as hell that she's not doing Phx. I'm not about to travel to Las Vegas or LA, after paying a million $$ for a ticket. Not to mention it falls during my semester back at school. Fuck her!

I'll buy the album. I'm done requesting at radio. I'm done buying singles. I'm NOT going to this tour. :rant:

I don't care if she rides a 36" didlo on stage, I'm not going.

:lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao:

:thumbsup: This is exactly what I was getting at with my previous posts. You just know half of the fags bitching on here about Madonna's tickets wouldn't be caught dead wearing jeans from Gap or Old Navy or driving an inexpensive, economical vehicle. Yet they are bitching away about the price of Madonna tickets. To each their own. But don't be a hypocrite.

And before someone else chimes in with the tired line that people are complaining about the LOCATION of the seats, not the price themselves, sorry but no ... the bitching about the ticket prices started a couple of weeks ago.

I can afford it. Thats not what people are complaining about. The tickets being made available are $354 for top level Mezzaine where people sit with binoculars eating popcorn and watching TV screens. Thats called a rip off

I can afford it. Thats not what people are complaining about. The tickets being made available are $354 for top level Mezzaine where people sit with binoculars eating popcorn and watching TV screens.

Exactly! I was completely ready to spend the amount I spent two years ago (nearly $400) for a decent seat, but if all I can find is crap, I'm not going to waste my money. I don't understand why that's not considered a valid point to some?

Exactly! I was completely ready to spend the amount I spent two years ago (nearly $400) for a decent seat, but if all I can find is crap, I'm not going to waste my money. I don't understand why that's not considered a valid point to some?

And you know your being ripped off when you try and get tiks the minute the Sat MSg show went on sale and only the top level mezzaine and last rows on the floor are being offered for $354. Gee wonder where all the rest of tiks are.

ZZZZZZZ

You ALWAYS do this when Madonna snubs Australia. I remember your CRYBABY antics for Confessions too. It's just so funny. I could set my clock by it I swear.

As for sales or a backlash I wouldn't worry at all. She's doing FINE

It's almost FUNNY that she snubs Oz EVERY SINGLE TIME :lmao:

:demonic:

Suedy , you made me choke on my monster drink.

For all those NASTY ASS BITTER OZ FANS:

I HOPE SHE NEVER EVER VISITS YOUR STUPID ASS COUNTRY....

USA and EUROPE is always #1!..Everywhere else is always SUBSIDIARY!

Guest boytoyville
I remember 2006 like it was yesterday because I was determined to jet to New York to see this hag. On the first day I couldn't get my tickets - the seats I wanted were gone within minutes. For weeks, I wasn't even able to ACCESS tickets from Ticketmaster for the New York dates. None even popped up. Maybe a nosebleed here and there. Finally, in early June, about 3 weeks before the show, I got lucky and got my tickets when Ticketmaster released their seats. When a show is deadlocked like that, you know its sold out. But you can still get floor seats for some of these shows.

I'm not saying the tour is gonna tank, of course not, bu I don't think it's gonna be as fast selling as the last one. For two reasons - #1 the prices, and #2 the huge lack of buzz and excitement about the woman right now. It's not something I am GLAD happened to Madonna. It's just the way I see it right now. And if fans are opting out of going to this show in droves, I can't say that I blame them for it. That's all I'm getting at. But why am I even trying to explain this to you? You'll just tell me I'm wrong and tell me I'm whining right?

Proof that that the shows are selling out per Billboard. http://www.billboard.com/bbcom/news/articl...t_id=1003805262

:demonic:

Suedy , you made me choke on my monster drink.

For all those NASTY ASS BITTER OZ FANS:

I HOPE SHE NEVER EVER VISITS YOUR STUPID ASS COUNTRY....

USA and EUROPE is always #1!..Everywhere else is always SUBSIDIARY!

WTF? :electropop:

I never made fun of others for not being able to get or pay for tickets besides you & that is because you said,"call me cheap or a jew in your post" so I was just being checky. Beyond that I NEVER made fun og anybody I simply stated that whiney & complaining about the prices & availability was a mute point & that there were other options for tickets. Get your facts straight before making accusations next time.

Listen, throughout this entire thread you've had this "cheeky" attitude about people complaining because they couldn't afford it. If you didn't want your comments to be misunderstood then maybe you just should have shut the hell up.