Backlash

Mad_On_Her

Yes, but it's the same for every artist. Ticket prices are going up all the time because record sales are down. Every time you go to Ticketmaster you can never get good seats for any popular artist. I don't hold that against Madonna or any artist. It's just how the system is today.

Thats BS, Van Halen is on a major reunion tour and their highest price is $165, Van Halen are Icons,,to rock fans, Eddie Van Halen is a God so is David Lee Roth. People have been waiting 15 years for this tour. go on ticketmaster now for the MSG show, you can find good seats. The bad seats in section 200 is $85.

^ Umm no one is forcing you to pay that price which is why you didn't buy the seat. You can pay more for a front row section seat if you want through various sites or you can choose not to. You don't have a right to see Madonna up close & personal for 354$ so get over it or get another job so you can pay for a better seat if you would like. Those are your options. If it doesn't work out then better luck next time!

I never said I wanted to see Madonna up close and personal, I was looking for decent seats not front row. There are none.

No backslash would start by not touring in Australia.

In fact, i expect that it would start by releasing her worst first single ever, stupid videos, silly lyrics and half album with fillers. thanks God this woman is like phoenix and is able to release good music when nobody expects.

you don´t like the album???

Guest northernlad
Yes, but it's the same for every artist. Ticket prices are going up all the time because record sales are down. Every time you go to Ticketmaster you can never get good seats for any popular artist. I don't hold that against Madonna or any artist. It's just how the system is today.

Well that is pushing established musicians to ask for more money while touring, but prices go up primarily due to ever inflating production/transportation costs, as well as the bidding wars between promoters.

Madonna is just M-dolla.

Guest iMisto

Well, I can say, backlash IS starting HERE, with me. I'm pissed.

I can't even imagine how Australian fans feel.. cause I'm mad as hell that she's not doing Phx. I'm not about to travel to Las Vegas or LA, after paying a million $$ for a ticket. Not to mention it falls during my semester back at school. Fuck her!

I'll buy the album. I'm done requesting at radio. I'm done buying singles. I'm NOT going to this tour. :rant:

I don't care if she rides a 36" didlo on stage, I'm not going.

Thats BS, Van Halen is on a major reunion tour and their highest price is $165, Van Halen are Icons,,People have been waiting 15 years for this tour. go on ticketmaster now for the MSG show, you can find good seats. The bad seats in section 200 is $85

Van Halen is a rock band that plays instruments so they don't have the high production costs of dancers, video screens, choreographers that Madonna does.

But it all comes down to how much you love an artist. It would not be worth it to me to spend $165 on Van Halen because I can't stand their music. You'd have to pay me to see them.

Everyone has different tastes and so you have to make your own decision whether the price you have to pay it is worth it to you to see a certain artist.

Guest northernlad

Phoenix 2 Vegas is a baby trip.. pls don't complain

wasn't the last tour the 1st time she ever did your city anyway?

Van Halen is a rock band that plays instruments so they don't have the high production costs of dancers, video screens, choreographers that Madonna does.

But it all comes down to how much you love an artist. It would not be worth it to me to spend $165 on Van Halen because I can't stand their music. You'd have to pay me to see them.

Everyone has different tastes and so you have to make your own decision whether the price you have to pay it is worth it to you to see a certain artist.

They have a pretty elaborate show with an amazing stage set up and video screens. Rolling Stones are a band and charge much more..Van Halen fans probably wouldnt go to a Madonna concert for free. Point is van Halen are Icons and a a Mega Superstar band who is charging $165 for their best seats. Not all great artists are charging $400 to see their show.

BTW even Van Halen has a big catwalk.

Guest valhum

I can't even imagine how Australian fans feel.. cause I'm mad as hell that she's not doing Phx. I'm not about to travel to Las Vegas or LA, after paying a million $$ for a ticket. Not to mention it falls during my semester back at school. Fuck her!

I'll buy the album. I'm done requesting at radio. I'm done buying singles. I'm NOT going to this tour. :rant:

Come to Mexicali and then i will take you to San Diego or Los Angeles, that way you don't spend that much in gas, etc :)

Invitation is wide open :thumbsup:

Well, obviously the tickets are not cheap. This is Madonna. And for some of us, there is more involved than just the ticket prices. I live in Maine, and you can bet Madonna will never play here, at least not until she's 60 or older. So I have to go to Boston or New York or wherever. But that's part of the fun, for me personally. It's going to be an event. Yes, I might have to make some adjustments to afford the concert, plane tickets, etc., but it's worth it for me as a fan.

I don't understand all the complaining re: concert prices and music in general. Singers need to make a living somehow. All of you people who don't buy music, download albums illegally, etc., this is partially to blame for high concert prices. It's also to blame, in part, for artists falling down the charts so quickly. People don't pay for music. I get laughed at for buying CDs. People don't seem to think they should have to pay for the work put out by recording artists.

I just think it's funny how, in America at least, people will put themselves in debt to buy a certain car, or spend one hundred dollars for a certain pair of jeans, yet you're going to bitch about the cost of a MADONNA CONCERT?! People drive their new vehicles and wear their trendy clothes like they are a badge, with no bitching about the cost. In fact, a lot of people are PROUD to announce how much they paid for a certain article of clothing. Then you're going to bitch about tickets to see the most important female artist in the history of the world? Just, no.

Guest boytoyville

I'm so dissapointed in you Imisto. You have turned to the "dark side". :americanlife:

you don´t like the album???

I don't like half of it. That only happened to me with Music, but at least Music had one of her best first off singles ever!

the songs i like from HC i like them a lot, though.

Well, obviously the tickets are not cheap. This is Madonna. And for some of us, there is more involved than just the ticket prices. I live in Maine, and you can bet Madonna will never play here, at least not until she's 60 or older. So I have to go to Boston or New York or wherever. But that's part of the fun, for me personally. It's going to be an event. Yes, I might have to make some adjustments to afford the concert, plane tickets, etc., but it's worth it for me as a fan.

I don't understand all the complaining re: concert prices and music in general. Singers need to make a living somehow. All of you people who don't buy music, download albums illegally, etc., this is partially to blame for high concert prices. It's also to blame, in part, for artists falling down the charts so quickly. People don't pay for music. I get laughed at for buying CDs. People don't seem to think they should have to pay for the work put out by recording artists.

I just think it's funny how, in America at least, people will put themselves in debt to buy a certain car, or spend one hundred dollars for a certain pair of jeans, yet you're going to bitch about the cost of a MADONNA CONCERT?! People drive their new vehicles and wear their trendy clothes like they are a badge, with no bitching about the cost. In fact, a lot of people are PROUD to announce how much they paid for a certain article of clothing. Then you're going to bitch about tickets to see the most important female artist in the history of the world? Just, no.

The problem is the minute a new date was offered at MSG only lousy seats were being offered for $354 a ticket. Thats why people are mostly upset.

The problem is the minute a new date was offered at MSG only lousy seats were being offered for $354 a ticket. Thats why people are mostly upset.

I understand that upsets people. But it's not clear to me that it's Madonna's fault that Ticketmaster doesn't have great seats. That's down to a lot of things. Somehow the venue or radio stations or record labels get the best tickets and they aren't put on Ticketmaster.

I agree to an extent with some of this, such as the reason why the ticket prices are increasing, but 1) Madonna doesn't need more money and 2) She would still make plenty of money if she charged $100/ticket instead of $400! She's a damn greedball who doesn't give a shit about her fans, and that's all it boils down to. Even in her speech at the Rock-n-Roll Hall of Fame, she went on and on for like 5 minutes about each person she was thanking and told stories, gushed over them, etc. Then, when it came time to thank her fans, she says "Thank you to all of my fans who have stuck by me through thick and thin (how many times has she said that?) and there sure has been a lot of thick!" or something like that. And that was it! She should have devoted the entire 20 minutes to US because without US, she would be NOBODY. All of those people who came and went in her career helped, but WE are the only reason she is still here today. But it's our fault, because she continues to treat us like shit and we keep coming back for more. Sorry for the rant...

I'm not surprised the tour is selling slowly. She's being outrageous with her pricing - so much so that I'm not even going this year. I paid a nice $170 in 2006 for the seats she's charging $350 for now. Yeah right, like I'm gonna for that. lol

Ultimately there's a limit to how much you can rip people off and she rode that pretty well during the Confessions Tour. Right now, there's less buzz around her, her album isn't selling, and instead of keeping things the way they were A MERE TWO YEARS AGO, she jacks up the prices. So it's no surprise that this is slightly blowing up in her face. I'll buy your albums and watch your videos Madonna, but I'm not gonna go broke for you. Thanks for 2004 and 2006, but I don't think I'll be going to your tours anymore. Bai!

I agree to an extent with some of this, such as the reason why the ticket prices are increasing, but 1) Madonna doesn't need more money and 2) She would still make plenty of money if she charged $100/ticket instead of $400! She's a damn greedball who doesn't give a shit about her fans, and that's all it boils down to. Even in her speech at the Rock-n-Roll Hall of Fame, she went on and on for like 5 minutes about each person she was thanking and told stories, gushed over them, etc. Then, when it came time to thank her fans, she says "Thank you to all of my fans who have stuck by me through thick and thin (how many times has she said that?) and there sure has been a lot of thick!" or something like that. And that was it! She should have devoted the entire 20 minutes to US because without US, she would be NOBODY. All of those people who came and went in her career helped, but WE are the only reason she is still here today. But it's our fault, because she continues to treat us like shit and we keep coming back for more. Sorry for the rant...

Yes, Madonna doesn't need any more money so by that logic she shoud perform for free. But she does work hard to make a great show, why shouldn't she make a profit? With all the expenses of touring and her shows, it's not clear to me she would make a profit if she only charged $100.

Madonna did acknowledge her fans. It's just natural she's going to have more to say about people she's met personally as far as songwriters and producers. She can't tell a story about a fan because she doesn't know them on the same personal level as she does someone she's got to know in such depth. That doesn't mean she doesn't appreciate her fans.

Guest boytoyville
I'm not surprised the tour is selling slowly. She's being outrageous with her pricing - so much so that I'm not even going this year. I paid a nice $170 in 2006 for the seats she's charging $350 for now. Yeah right, like I'm gonna for that. lol

Ultimately there's a limit to how much you can rip people off and she rode that pretty well during the Confessions Tour. Right now, there's less buzz around her, her album isn't selling, and instead of keeping things the way they were A MERE TWO YEARS AGO, she jacks up the prices. So it's no surprise that this is slightly blowing up in her face. I'll buy your albums and watch your videos Madonna, but I'm not gonna go broke for you. Thanks for 2004 and 2006, but I don't think I'll be going to your tours anymore. Bai!

How is the tour selling slowly? Most people can't even get tickets for dates that have went on sale thus far? :lol: Just because some people can't afford going to her show doens't mean that those of us that can are getting "ripped off". Oh well don't go to the tour then. Fine by me. :fag:

But to all the people who are going to "teach her a lesson" by not buying an expensive ticket, is music the only thing that gets you this upset? I think jeans at A&F are way overpriced, and I still buy them.

I don't blame anyone for not wanting to spend so much on concert tickets. I just feel that it's interesting, in America at least, that people are more than willing to shell out money for name brand clothes, gasoline, blackberry's and other new gadgets, five-year loans on cars that they buy just because they look cool, etc., yet going to a concert by a music legend is somehow where the line gets drawn.

How is the tour selling slowly? Most people can't even get tickets for dates that have went on sale thus far? :lol: Just because some people can't afford going to her show doens't mean that those of us that can are getting "ripped off". Oh well don't go to the tour then. Fine by me. :fag:

Oh yes you are getting ripped off. You may be able to afford it, but you're getting ripped off.

None of the New York shows have sold out and neither has Boston. Remember 2001? Those shows sold out in MINUTES. It's been DAYS for some of these shows. Sounds pretty fucking slow to me.

Guest iMisto
Phoenix 2 Vegas is a baby trip.. pls don't complain

wasn't the last tour the 1st time she ever did your city anyway?

Exactly the problem. And she sold out twice last time... both times within 15minutes. I don't understand why she doesn't get the point that we want to see her.

And a trip to Vegas is NOT an easy 'baby' trip when you're a broke student, trying to pay off medical bills. :sour:

But to all the people who are going to "teach her a lesson" by not buying an expensive ticket, is music the only thing that gets you this upset? I think jeans at A&F are way overpriced, and I still buy them.

I don't blame anyone for not wanting to spend so much on concert tickets. I just feel that it's interesting, in America at least, that people are more than willing to shell out money for name brand clothes, gasoline, blackberry's and other new gadgets, five-year loans on cars that they buy just because they look cool, etc., yet going to a concert by a music legend is somehow where the line gets drawn.

Well I certainly don't buy A&F jeans and I certainly don't blow my money on stuff that I know is overpriced. That includes everything. Call me cheap or a jew, but I don't believe in doing that. Madonna's tour is overpriced and yes she's ripping off her fans, and Boytoyville can sit on his computer chair all day long and try to convince me to lick Madonna's undeserving ass with him, but I choose to see this realistically and she's overcharging. If this is what she has to do to see a considerable profit then maybe she should just save herself the trouble and go to Vegas.

I'll still support Madonna by buying her music.

Point is we dont mind shelling out $354 for a ticket on even lodge or first level mezzaine seat, we have a problem shelling out $354 for level 300 or 400 or the last row on the floor. its a rip off. We dont even know if theres a catwalk because theres no information

Van Halen are rock legends, Eddie Van Halen and David lee Roth and their charging $165. and they even have a friggin catwalk.

The Madonna NY shows are not sold out. If you put 1 ticket in you can get a seat, StubHUb has a majority of the seats.

Guest boytoyville
Oh yes you are getting ripped off. You may be able to afford it, but you're getting ripped off.

None of the New York shows have sold out and neither has Boston. Remember 2001? Those shows sold out in MINUTES. It's been DAYS for some of these shows. Sounds pretty fucking slow to me.

All the New York & Chicago dates only have single tickets left. Boston does have some double tickets left. Once only single tickets can be found thats pretty much sold out. Even during Re-Invention & Confessions you could get a single ticket up until like a day before the show for almost all dates & billboard had them as sold out at the box office. I guess we will just have to wait for the official numbers to come in monthes from now but I guarentee you that Chicago & New York will be sold out as well as probably most of her other dates.

Guest valhum
Exactly the problem. And she sold out twice last time... both times within 15minutes. I don't understand why she doesn't get the point that we want to see her.

And a trip to Vegas is NOT an easy 'baby' trip when you're a broke student, trying to pay off medical bills. :sour:

Read my post, don't ignore it :electropop: