Backlash

Mad_On_Her

With the combination of the Stubhub deal and leaving Australia out is this going to be the begining of another backlash?? I have to say initially I was really just disappointed that Madonna wasn't coming to Australia again but now reading how fans are missing out on seeing her since the tickets are going at ridiculous high prices from scalpers I feel worse for you guys. If Madonna came down here finally and were faced with that it would be worse I think than Madonna not coming at all. How can Madonna expect someone to pay as much as 10,000 to see her perform I've never been so disgusted to be a Madonna fan after reading that.

And from the sounds of it tickets sales aren't as strong as in the past. What a shame!

I wouldn't say it is a backlash per se but I don't think the demand of the tour is going to meet their expectations. They really miss calculated here. The prices they were already asking for were steep to begin with and with the US economy totally fucked at the moment people are definitely hesitating buying tickets. Let alone buying tickets at the prices listed on Stubhub. Demand too is not as big as she's toured 3 times in the past 7 years the same market. It definitely does not feel like it was only 2 years ago that she toured with CT. Plus the tickets available for fans are pretty shit on Ticketmaster so a lot of people are holding out for Stubhub to drop their prices which they no doubt will have to do or release more tickets for the shows or announce more dates.

I've still yet to see her sell out a date for this tour. For CT the rush for tickets was crazy and they were adding more dates almost immediately. Madonna.com apparently listed a few dates SOLD OUT but you can still pull up tickets on Ticketmaster.

THe deal with Stubhub has definitely turned people off.

The lacklustre promo for the album is failing to keep people interested, hence why it's struggling on the charts.

The promo performances - New York/Paris/Maidstone didn't really generate the same buzz as Koko for example.

So again I wouldn't say a backlash, simply a disappointment. It's still early days yet and there are still more dates that need to go on sale.

So again I wouldn't say a backlash, simply a disappointment. It's still early days yet and there are still more dates that need to go on sale.

and it´s not the same to sale 3 times 20.000 tickets than one time 60.000

I am not sure the casual Madonna fan cares about the StubHub deal or the Australian snub, honestly.

The tickets at StubHub will come down in price the closer the date of the concert comes - if they remain unsold. Eventually they could be down to the face value if no one is buying them. She's just trying to milk the fans for more money, but you don't have to enable her.

No backslash would start by not touring in Australia.

In fact, i expect that it would start by releasing her worst first single ever, stupid videos, silly lyrics and half album with fillers. thanks God this woman is like phoenix and is able to release good music when nobody expects.

With the combination of the Stubhub deal and leaving Australia out is this going to be the begining of another backlash?? I have to say initially I was really just disappointed that Madonna wasn't coming to Australia again but now reading how fans are missing out on seeing her since the tickets are going at ridiculous high prices from scalpers I feel worse for you guys. If Madonna came down here finally and were faced with that it would be worse I think than Madonna not coming at all. How can Madonna expect someone to pay as much as 10,000 to see her perform I've never been so disgusted to be a Madonna fan after reading that.

And from the sounds of it tickets sales aren't as strong as in the past. What a shame!

Clearly you have no idea what you are talking about. Facts are facts but you are not entitled to make up your own facts and that is exactly what you are doing.

I think it has alot do with the lack of promotion this time.Many people dont even know about her tour.I guess its just not as big and hot news as she touring almost every two years. She should'nt have done stadium.

Clearly you have no idea what you are talking about. Facts are facts but you are not entitled to make up your own facts and that is exactly what you are doing.

Im not making anything up you fool, people are having a hard time getting decent tickets without paying a fortune for them.

ZZZZZZZ

You ALWAYS do this when Madonna snubs Australia. I remember your CRYBABY antics for Confessions too. It's just so funny. I could set my clock by it I swear.

As for sales or a backlash I wouldn't worry at all. She's doing FINE

It's almost FUNNY that she snubs Oz EVERY SINGLE TIME :lmao:

No backslash would start by not touring in Australia.

In fact, i expect that it would start by releasing her worst first single ever, stupid videos, silly lyrics and half album with fillers. thanks God this woman is like phoenix and is able to release good music when nobody expects.

Hmmm thats debatable..

ZZZZZZZ

You ALWAYS do this when Madonna snubs Australia. I remember your CRYBABY antics for Confessions too. It's just so funny. I could set my clock by it I swear.

No one is asking you..you nasty piece of work your not even funny..

ZZZZZZZ

Infact your nothing but a cunt..

How is everyone bitching about everything happening at this moment different than 2 weeks ago? a month ago? a year ago? 3 years ago? Madonna has an internet fan backlash every time she leaves her house.

Nobody cares about the Australian thing but Australians.

Honeslty I got through to ticketmaster today and was offered upper level section of MSG at $354.. I i refuse to pay that price for that section. Had it been $254, yes, right now ticketmaster is selling good seats for Van Halen @ $165 each. Their a pretty big band.

Im sorry but Madonnas prices are outrageous. I know shes Madonna but $354 for upper level seats is dumb.

I don't remember this much negativity surrounding her shows. Yes, there has always been controversy. But, this time, she's stepped on her true blue fans. You just don't do that.

And to the Australian fans, I hope she comes your way too. If not, try and get to another country to see her.

Guest boytoyville

No it hasn't & it won't because of this. This isn't the first time in history where it has been extremely difficult to get concert tix @ a decent price. I am so sick of all the whiners & complainers on this board. Just be happy she is going on tour. SEEING MADONNA IS A PRIVILEGE NOT A RIGHT!

No it hasn't & it won't because of this. This isn't the first time in history where it has been extremely difficult to get concert tix @ a decent price. I am so sick of all the whiners & complainers on this board. Just be happy she is going on tour. SEEING MADONNA IS A PRIVILEGE NOT A RIGHT!

paying $354 for last mezzaine seats and watching the concert with binoculars is a real priviledge.

Guest boytoyville

^ Umm no one is forcing you to pay that price which is why you didn't buy the seat. You can pay more for a front row section seat if you want through various sites or you can choose not to. You don't have a right to see Madonna up close & personal for 354$ so get over it or get another job so you can pay for a better seat if you would like. Those are your options. If it doesn't work out then better luck next time!

Guest valhum
Honestly, I think nobody gives a shit about the Australia thing.

Exactly :dramatic::lol: ...........well maybe just the australians :demonic:

Guest valhum

What the F are you on ?!?!?!? Watching Madonna is not a privilage, maybe it was way back in 2001 when she hadn't tour in 7 years but now, when she tours every 2 years, it is like a whatever event.

When fans complain about the shitty seats at outrageous prices, something is pretty wrong.

Yes, but it's the same for every artist. Ticket prices are going up all the time because record sales are down. Every time you go to Ticketmaster you can never get good seats for any popular artist. I don't hold that against Madonna or any artist. It's just how the system is today.

Guest boytoyville
What the F are you on ?!?!?!? Watching Madonna is not a privilage, maybe it was way back in 2001 when she hadn't tour in 7 years but now, when she tours every 2 years, it is like a whatever event.

When fans complain about the shitty seats at outrageous prices, something is pretty wrong.

^ Get over it & get a reality check. M's show is going to be priced at whatever they want & if you can't afford it then thats just life. You can try to win tickets in contest or try to get your hands on a $100 ticket or so when another date is added. You don't have a right to attend an artists show. It's not her problem, its the individual whiners/complainers problem.

Boytoy, you make good points on it. I agree how it's a priviledge to see her!! No matter the price, I'm so glad she's touring. I'll see her no matter what too and hopefully for two nights. She's worth every penny.

Guest boytoyville
Boytoy, you make good points on it. I agree how it's a priviledge to see her!! No matter the price, I'm so glad she's touring. I'll see her no matter what too and hopefully for two nights. She's worth every penny.

:thumbsup:

Guest valhum
^ Get over it & get a reality check. M's show is going to be priced at whatever they want & if you can't afford it then thats just life. You can try to win tickets in contest or try to get your hands on a $100 ticket or so when another date is added. You don't have right to attend an artists show. It's not her problem is the individual whiners/complainers problem.

Oh i don't care the what the ticket prices are, i will pay since i can afford it but what i don't understand is why charge prime price for shitty seats.