Latin American dates - ALL SOLD OUT and more dates popping!

Guest Hafo

From Live Nation:

According to Live Nation, Madonna has already sold more than 1 million tickets for the tour with just 42 shows on sale. She opens with 17 shows in Europe, followed by 28 in North America, two in Mexico City and eight in South America. Thirteen shows have not gone on sale yet: three in Europe, two in the U.S. and all eight in South America (four in Brazil, two in Argentina and two in Chile), which will take place from December 3-21.

Four or five shows in Brazil? That's the question. Rumoured dates:

December 13 and 14 - Maracanã Stadium, Rio de Janeiro (100-120k capacity)

December 17, 18 and 20 - Morumbi Stadium, Sao Paulo (80k capacity)

I wonder what 2 other US cities are in ????

It just says 2 shows in the U.S. have not gone on sale yet - not two different cities. I suspect Boston might get another night and there is room for 1 more in NYC.

Rumoured ticket prices for the Chilean gigs:

Y la mala noticia para los chilenos es que tendrán que juntar dinero para ver a la "reina del pop" porque el ticket más barato tendrá un costo no inferior a los 28.000 pesos, mientras que el mejor sector llegará a los 200.000 mil pesos.

http://www.24horas.cl/detalle.aspx?IdC=257449&IdS=1

That's €35 and the most expensive €250. Sound similar to the prices in Mexico I think.

That's €35 and the most expensive €250. Sound similar to the prices in Mexico I think.

If the prices of tickets for the Brazillian shows were the same, I'd be jumping with joy. They will be much, much more expensive for us. A friend of mine is even considering watching the concert in Buenos Aires, although he lives in São Paulo.

By the way, an official announcement is expected for today (07/17).

Weren't Mexico's prices technically more expensive than those in the U.S.?

Guest boytoyville

^ I think that the "high end" ones were more but the general seating & pricing of various levels are lower. I think they make the high end tix more to compensate for the fact that the pricing is lowered for other seats due to the fact that people don't have as high of disposiable income in places such as Mexico & South America so they figure that the people that can afford the high end tix will be willing to pay more bceause they can afford it & it helps the promotor even it out a little more.

Guest northernlad
Hmm...weird,there's no way she'll do MX on the 3rd and Bs As on the 4rth...

I haven't kept track of this all but weren't the initial & persisting rumours for Argentina just two shows on the 6th & 7th?

Mexico deserves three shows more than Argentina anyway. :p

I haven't kept track of this all but weren't the initial & persisting rumours for Argentina just two shows on the 6th & 7th?

Nope, rumored dates for Arg are dec. 4-6.

• 3 weeks later...

Rumours of a Venezuelan concert are starting to spread on the online press:

Live Nation managers met with 3 Venezuelan promoters (Evenpro, Emporio and Solid Show) to negotiate a Caracas date for the S&S Tour in the first week of December. Discussed venues were an air base -Generalísimo Francisco de Miranda- in La Carlota area and the "Hipódromo de La Rinconada" racetrack.

http://www.eluniversal.com/2008/08/11/til_...en_988541.shtml

Venezuela is not official yet.

But Brazil is :D

Dec 14, 2008 Rio de Janeiro BR Maracana Stadium

Dec 18, 2008 Sao Paulo BR Morumbi

CHILE is now CONFIRMED! :D From madonna.com:

A new show in Chile has just been added to the "Sticky & Sweet" tour itinerary.

Madonna will perform at Santiago's Estadio Nacional on Wednesday, December 10th.

A devoted fan club presale will start on Wednesday, August 27, at midnight, Local time.

Public registration will start on Thursday, August 28th at midnight and end on Friday September 5th, while tickets will go on sale Wednesday, September 10, at these times: Internet sales - 0:00 h (midnight) / Phone sales - 10am / Outlet sales - 11 am 0 / Box Office sales - 12pm (noon).

The most important newspaper in Argentina confirms dec 6 as one of the tour stops in Buenos Aires.

http://www.clarin.com/diario/2008/08/22/es.../c-01743041.htm

Se viene Madonna

El Cardiff's Millenium Stadium (Inglaterra) será, mañana, el punto de partida de la nueva gira de Madonna, y el comienzo de una cuenta regresiva que, para nosotros, terminará el 6 de diciembre, en River. Acompañada por una banda de 12 músicos y de 16 bailarines, la cantante promete un recorrido de dos horas por sus clásicos y su último disco, Hard Candy. Los conciertos tendrán cuatro partes. ¿Propuestas estéticas? Variadas, como le gusta a la diva. Madonna pasará de los años '20 hasta el downtown neoyorquino de los inicios del rap, pasando por La isla bonita, el folclore gitano y el Lejano Oriente en onda pop.

3500 Son las piezas individuales de ropa para el tour. Imaginen las combinaciones.

653 Horas de ensayos para Madonna, su banda y sus bailarines.

36 Diseñadores se encargaron del vestuario. Incluye modelos de alta costura

200 Esponjas en forma de triángulo para poder aplicarle el maquillaje

Cool :D

So, no Caracas............. :lol:

Where does it say no Caracas?

Guest boytoyville
Oh god damn it, just let it go with Venezuela, not gonna happen :p:lol:

It's possible they could do December 3rd & 4th there actually. I don't think it would be THAT suprising. I mean the Live Nation Execs did go there for a meeting & I'm sure they want to get the most out of bringing the tour to South America