Official Houston "Sticky n Sweet" thread

Guest jamesshot

Guest vermicious knid

Last night I was at Minute Maid Park to see an Astros baseball game. I went over to check out my seat. I was pleased to see that it is on an aisle. But I notice that the stage is way further back from where most of the action is at a baseball game. The baseball diamond from last night will just be more seating at the concert.

Guest jamesshot

Some of those grayed out seats are stupid. They look they aren't obstructed at all. Weird.

I was told by a friend that has seen a concert at MMP that for a concert, it usually will hold about 42,000-45,000. Accounting for the grayed out seats and floor seats, she will easily do 42,000-45,000.

Either way, its her largest audience ever in Houston.

Who's That Girl- approx. 38,000

BA- approx 32,000-35,000

SS- 42,000+

Woohoo!

Some of those grayed out seats are stupid. They look they aren't obstructed at all. Weird.

I was told by a friend that has seen a concert at MMP that for a concert, it usually will hold about 42,000-45,000. Accounting for the grayed out seats and floor seats, she will easily do 42,000-45,000.

Either way, its her largest audience ever in Houston.

Who's That Girl- approx. 38,000

BA- approx 32,000-35,000

SS- 42,000+

Woohoo!

I think you are right James! MMP seats 42,000 just by seating alone, even if you black out the gray areas the field is bigger. The crowd will be around 45,000!

Last night I was at Minute Maid Park to see an Astros baseball game. I went over to check out my seat. I was pleased to see that it is on an aisle. But I notice that the stage is way further back from where most of the action is at a baseball game. The baseball diamond from last night will just be more seating at the concert.

YAY! Another Houstonian!

Guest mirwais72

There has been a lot of talk about Houston being sold out. Of course, we know people are selling tickets on StubHub (let's not start that mess up again!)

I decided to check what tickets were available as I still have friends who want to go. I was surprised to see that they are selling seats in Section 236. Well, on the seating chart (which is a whole other issue) it shows that section is greyed out. It's interesting!

Guest boytoyville

^ Yeah I noticed they are now selling tickets in the grayed out section also. They are milking that shit. LOL, I LOVE IT!!!

Guest mirwais72

WOW! Section 8 for NYC on Monday is available right now. That is a supposed sold out show. I know this has nothing to do with Houston but could this mean they are releasing more (and better) seats for Houston as well?

Guest boytoyville

^ I think it is for the same reason they released for tix for Wembely. They have the stage partially constructed & know that the sight lines are better than previously thought!

Guest Downtown

Ugh this is the closest i would be to the S&S tour. When was the last time she came to Dallas??

Guest mirwais72
^ I think it is for the same reason they released for tix for Wembely. They have the stage partially constructed & know that the sight lines are better than previously thought!

I don't know if this is true because they are selling tickets in the greyed out sections for Houston. Could it be that Houston had a great sell (even though it is not officially sold out)? Why would they sell those greyed out seats?

Also, I was able to get a ticket for the first show in NYC and I got Pod A (whatever that is). These are floor seats that were already available on general sale.

Guest mirwais72
Ticketmaster is now selling tix for section 102

I noticed that was a greyed section. I was hoping that meant Houston a great sell.

Guest jamesshot
I noticed that was a greyed section. I was hoping that meant Houston a great sell.

Houston is an official sell out according to Live Nation.

Guest boytoyville

You can offically not get two seats together on ticketmaster. Only single seat tickets are left in not very goood sections.

Guest mirwais72

It will be a crazy night with that whole stadium FULL!!!! What a great way to retrurn to Texas with a packed house!!! She will HAVE to come back!!!

Guest boytoyville

You can no longer get a single ticket for the Houston date on ticketmaster. Good choice for a stadium date there!

Guest mirwais72
You can no longer get a single ticket for the Houston date on ticketmaster. Good choice for a stadium date there!

She's been missing out all these years not coming to Texas. I wonder how well Dallas would have done?

Guest jamesshot
She's been missing out all these years not coming to Texas. I wonder how well Dallas would have done?

She would have done gangbusters in Dallas. She easily would sell out a stadium there. In fact, the Dallas metro area is so large she could probably do 2 stadium shows with ease.

Guest jamesshot

I think there is a catwalk. I was fishing around StuHub for Houston tix. Section D, there are no tix available below the 22nd row. All other sections have tix below the 22nd row. Also, there are tix available for Section D row 22! If there is a catwalk, that would essentially be front row!

Should I risk it?

• 2 weeks later...
Guest mirwais72

Well, there are officially no tickets available on Ticketmaster for Houston. I know that doesn't mean it is sold out due to Stub Hub and other dealers but this is pretty amazing. The tickets that Stub Hub and other dealers have will go down in price considerably the closer we get to November. It is going to be amazing to walk into Minute Maid Park and see that stadium practically full...including the floor! As it gets closer, I am getting more excited.

On a different note, there is a rumor (with a picture to accompany that rumor) of Madonna hurting her ankle. She got to the Kabbalah Centre this morning with a bandage around her ankle. The rumor was she had to use an "elavator" because she couldn't walk however there is a photo of her walking with the bandage. Who knows...silly rumors. If it's true, I hope all is well with her.

Guest mirwais72

By the way, I would have made a separate post about her ankle however I am not allowed to make any new posts...does anyone know how many posts I have to make before I can. I feel a little left out! :blink:

Guest jamesshot

Stubhub only has very few tix left for Houston. She sold out that sucker quick. She could have done Reliant Stadium instead.

Guest mirwais72

Reliant sucks. The acoustics in there are the worst. Again, I have only seen artists perform there during the rodeo and the sound is never really that great. On the flip side, because they are there for the rodeo, there may not be enough time or equipment to put on a proper show such as having their own show. So, who knows...it may have worked.

What about Toyota? She could have done three shows there. That would have been fun!

What about Toyota? She could have done three shows there. That would have been fun!

The Toyota Center should have been a better choice, never been to MMP so we will have to wait and see.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest mirwais72

It is going to be so amazing to see the whole place packed! I wonder if they will have the roof open or closed. I wonder if she will be spending the night here and where? She is off the 17th and goes to Detroit the 18th. In May of 1990 when she was here for BA, my friend saw her running at Memorial Park. I wouldn't have believed it but he gave me copies of the pictures he took...so crazy to imagine her around town in Houston.

The show kicks off this Saturday and I am ready to see what this tour holds!