Official Houston "Sticky n Sweet" thread

Guest jamesshot

Guest jamesshot

There is a huge billboard on I-45 near downtown( going north) of Madonna. It is a 95.7 Houston Hot Hits station billboard but only Madonna is on it.

There is a huge billboard on I-45 near downtown( going north) of Madonna. It is a 95.7 Houston Hot Hits station billboard but only Madonna is on it.

What picture is it? the tour promo?

Guest vermicious knid

minutezs1.gif

Is the seating the same for concerts as it is for ballgames? It isn't like she will have a baseball diamond shaped stage.

Guest mirwais72

This is the billboard...I think this one was on Richmond. I know, such a dork to take a picture of it but it was surprising to see. No, it's not the best photo shoot she ever did but it's still very cool. It's cool because mainstream radio never NEVER play her music. You will hear "Into The Groove," "Take A Bow," and "Holiday." 104.1 KRBE talks shit about her all the time. NOW, they can't wait for her to come and they are giving away tickets and blah blah blah. I have been over radio for quite some time (thanks to having an iPod adapter for my car!) The billboard for Hot 95.7 is cool because they advertise as the radio that plays what the others won't. And they do.

DSCF3303.jpg

When are the tickets for Houston going on sale?

Guest mirwais72

Ticketmaster still does not have the Houston show posted. Live Nation has the message MORE INFO COMING SOON on their main page. There is another Live Nation page devoted to the tour and that one has May31st as the general sale. That's not real news I guess since her official website says the same thing. It's nerve wrecking...it's 13 days away from general sale and we still have no idea what the seating chart is like.

Ticketmaster still does not have the Houston show posted. Live Nation has the message MORE INFO COMING SOON on their main page. There is another Live Nation page devoted to the tour and that one has May31st as the general sale. That's not real news I guess since her official website says the same thing. It's nerve wrecking...it's 13 days away from general sale and we still have no idea what the seating chart is like.

Calm down! I hope they announce something this week! I am the one that is completely nervous...I leave that morning to Las Vegas.

Guest mirwais72

OMG...what time do you leave? Hopefully after 10am...you NEED to get your tickets as soon as they go on sale!

Guest mirwais72

Well, Ticketmaster added an extra show for NYC. It went on sale just after the general sale for the other dates. They just crept that one in! For past shows, they have added shows and gave you about a week before they went on sale. This one had zero notice...I guess that can be good or bad. If you happen to be logged on and it pops up, you might have a chance for good seats. So far, people have been saying they weren't able to get good seats...sounds wierd.

At any rate, Minute Maid is so big and I know she will sell out November 16th since so many people will be coming in for the show but I don't know if adding another Houston date will be done. It would be nice however those 40,000 seats would need to go fast.

12 days until general sale for Houston and no word on Ticketmaster, Live Nation, and no official seating chart for any city...IS ANYONE ELSE STRESSED?

IS ANYONE ELSE STRESSED?

YES! I noticed that the third NYC date does not show a catwalk. They should have everything finalized before the tour announcement and the tickets went on sale.

Guest mirwais72

NEW MESSAGE FROM ICON ABOUT SEATING CHART!

* We understand the frustration with not having the exact seating chart to review when you are purchasing tickets for Madonna's Sticky & Sweet tour. Like all previous Madonna tours, the Sticky & Sweet tour will be a visual delight for all her fans. And while the exact staging and performance elements of the Sticky & Sweet tour are strategically under wraps until the tour opens, fans should be assured that the tour promoters have worked very closely with the design team to ensure that all seats on sale will offer the best possible sight lines. And the ticket allotments during the Icon presalepossible sight lines. And the ticket allotments during the Icon presales have been chosen to provide members with the best possible locations and sightlines as well. In the coming weeks, Icon members will also have a chance to enter exclusive contests and win front row concert tickets. Stay tuned for more details.

Guest jamesshot

I do not think she will add another Houston date. If she does it will not be at MMP. Most likely Toyota Center. I don't know if she can fill 80,000+ in Houston. Probably.

I am stressed about this sale. Should I wait? Should I try to buy right away? So many questions!

Guest mirwais72

When I think about waiting, it stresses me out. I don't want to be selfish but I want good seats. If we don't buy at general sale, we run the risk of not getting tickets or paying a higher dollar for them. At the same time, I don't want to be impulsive and buy the first thing that comes up either. There are a lot of tickets that aren't so great going for $350. If we wait, there is a good chance we can get tickets (even great ones) but you run the risk of not.

Bottom line: I want to be there...good seat or not.

Guest jamesshot
When I think about waiting, it stresses me out. I don't want to be selfish but I want good seats. If we don't buy at general sale, we run the risk of not getting tickets or paying a higher dollar for them. At the same time, I don't want to be impulsive and buy the first thing that comes up either. There are a lot of tickets that aren't so great going for $350. If we wait, there is a good chance we can get tickets (even great ones) but you run the risk of not.

Bottom line: I want to be there...good seat or not.

My advice: Listen to people here who always get good seats. Like Hector. We have some knowledgable peeps here who could sell their knowledge if they wanted. Ask around. Many here know their way around to getting the good seats.

Guest mirwais72

I managed to get 5th row in Miami for the last US show during Re-Invention and I think I did pretty well getting those tickets. For some reason, this tour seems different. The common comments are that many people didn't get the tickets they wanted. If you read most of people's comments on this site and others, there isn't anyone who got floor seats up front. Mid sections and beyond is what they are getting. Might have something to do with Stubhub or not, we won't know.

Forget all of that...I wish they would update the information for Houston.

Guest jamesshot
I managed to get 5th row in Miami for the last US show during Re-Invention and I think I did pretty well getting those tickets. For some reason, this tour seems different. The common comments are that many people didn't get the tickets they wanted. If you read most of people's comments on this site and others, there isn't anyone who got floor seats up front. Mid sections and beyond is what they are getting. Might have something to do with Stubhub or not, we won't know.

Forget all of that...I wish they would update the information for Houston.

Hector emailed me and told me that since they haven't set the stage design yet, they will likely have good seats available after they decide the stage design. IOW, they will only sell seats they know they will have available. After the stage design is set, they will have seats available they made room for or, because of the stage design, that didn't exist before. Did that make sense?

Did you get added onto my myspace account? If not, let me know. You should PM me when you can. You're from Houston, right?

Guest mirwais72

That makes perfect sense! It is still nerve wrecking because if the stage setup is not figured out by general sale date, I will probably still by my tickets on that day because I don't want to run the risk of missing out. The best case scenario is that I spend $350+ on a good seat. Worst case scenario is that I spend $350+ on a mediocre seat and then AMAZING seats become available. No other tour has caused me more stress! HA!

PM'ing you now!

I keep feeling worse and worse each day...especially after reading all the other posts of fans not getting good seats on the general public sale. Although Minute Maid Park can seat over 40,000 people...if according to the other topics, all the good seats will only be sold through stubhub or be auctioned. She should have just played 3 nights at Toyota Center!

I bet Houston will sell out immediately, there are so many people I talked to this weekend that want to get a ticket and they are not even the casual fan. :dramatic:

Guest jamesshot
I keep feeling worse and worse each day...especially after reading all the other posts of fans not getting good seats on the general public sale. Although Minute Maid Park can seat over 40,000 people...if according to the other topics, all the good seats will only be sold through stubhub or be auctioned. She should have just played 3 nights at Toyota Center!

I bet Houston will sell out immediately, there are so many people I talked to this weekend that want to get a ticket and they are not even the casual fan. :dramatic:

Any more news on KRBE talking about her, giving away tix? What about KHMX?

Any more news on KRBE talking about her, giving away tix? What about KHMX?

I have not listened to the radio much. I will tomorrow or Thursday. So have you decided who you are going with yet?

Guest jamesshot
I have not listened to the radio much. I will tomorrow or Thursday. So have you decided who you are going with yet?

Well I don't know anyone that can afford it. So it looks as if I am going solo. :(

Guest mirwais72

Going solo? You probably have a better chance at a great ticket if you are buying only one. But it's always exciting to share the excitement. You know, I am beginning to think that Houston tickets will not be sold through Ticketmaster. All the dates are up for the tour accept Houston, Philadelphia, and Miami. I know Philidelphia is with a different ticket vendor now but I don't know about Miami. I don't know of any artist to play Minute Maid so maybe that's the difference. Live Nation still says MORE INFO COMING SOON for the Houston show.

We are 10 days away from general sale...

You know, I am beginning to think that Houston tickets will not be sold through Ticketmaster. Live Nation still says MORE INFO COMING SOON for the Houston show.

That may be a possibility, however, when you click on buy tickets on the livenation website, it directs you to Ticketmaster.