Official Houston "Sticky n Sweet" thread

Guest jamesshot

Guest jamesshot

Since I have been begging for years, probably more than anyone, for a Houston date, I should be the one to open the official Houston thread for the SnS tour.

Who is planning on going to Houston?

Guest boytoyville

I want to go to another date other than Chicago of which I am going to for sure and have been considering Houton as an option. I have never been there & I kind of want to see Madonna in a stadium!

I'm going to do anything I can to go =D

I'm so glad she's coming to Texas, I've been to Houston like twice but I'm definately going to start going more often this fall... I'm going to memorize where that stadium is at :p

I'm going.

where do you buy tickets for Houston?? I keep checking Ticketmaster and they still haven't listed the show.

I will be at the Houston show, the demand for tickets will be big. The tickets for the Houston show are being sold on www.livenation.com and not on Ticketmaster.

Guest jamesshot

The Houston media has said hardly a peep about her coming back. The Houston Chronicle did a story and KHOU TV had it on their website but I didn't see anything on air.

KTBZ 94.5, an alt rock station, mentioned it on air during the morning show. DJ Rod Ryan and the other hosts gushed about her coming back and they were all very excited. Not the normal crowd you would expect to get excited about her. Since she joined LiveNation, they have talked very positively about Madonna( they are a CC station). They said she is part of their team now that she is with LN but everyone says LN and CC are not connected anymore but they sure seemed to think they are.

104 KRBE also made a huge announcement the day the press release was issued. The DJ's all said they were going to the concert. Roula was so excited. She kept saying it over and over!

Guest jamesshot
104 KRBE also made a huge announcement the day the press release was issued. The DJ's all said they were going to the concert. Roula was so excited. She kept saying it over and over!

Not surprised about KRBE since they can benefit from this( and maybe get her to do an interview). KTBZ shocked me. They were also gushing all over themselves about her coming back to town.

Guest mirwais72

I, for one, am super excited about it. I saw her at The Summit (now Joel Olsteen's compound) back on May 4 and 5, 1990. It was so exciting! After 18 years, I traveled for all of her tours which have all been incredible experiences (thanks Miguel!) I was sure I had seen her last show in Texas back in 1990 but I am happy to hear she is coming. It might have something to do with her new contract for Live Nation.

Did anyone else attend the BA tour those evenings?

Guest jamesshot
I, for one, am super excited about it. I saw her at The Summit (now Joel Olsteen's compound) back on May 4 and 5, 1990. It was so exciting! After 18 years, I traveled for all of her tours which have all been incredible experiences (thanks Miguel!) I was sure I had seen her last show in Texas back in 1990 but I am happy to hear she is coming. It might have something to do with her new contract for Live Nation.

I was there on May 4th. It was great!

Welcome Mike! Glad that you finally joined the forum! I was there for both nights in 1990!

Guest mirwais72

CRAP! I just pulled out my photo album from those nights and saw my tickets. Section 232, Row M, Seat 6 for May 4th and Section 8, Row Z, Seat 12. Tickets were $28.75...FOR FLOOR SEATS! Granted, I wasn't very close but man, she has come a long way! My friend saw her and her bodyguards running at Memorial the next day and he took some pictures. I will have to scan some of these to post here. It's crazy to go back 18 years!!!!

Guest mirwais72

THAT'S RIGHT...I forgot. Ya Kid K and "Pump Up The Jam!" HA HA HA! Remember that MTV was all over this tour!!! THOSE WERE THE DAYS WHEN MTV LOVED HER! THey had a whole weekend for her 0plus specials leading up to the day! AMAZING!!!

Guest jamesshot
I remember Technotronic opening up for her and throwing beach balls around the stage... :crazy:

Wow that brought a flood of memories back. Ahhhh, I was just a teen then.

Guest jamesshot

All us Houston peeps are meeting up. We should try to get seats together.

So, its me, Lesbi, Paupower13, Candygirl.....who else is going to the Houston show? We are going to have a lil MNation get together!

All us Houston peeps are meeting up. We should try to get seats together.

So, its me, Lesbi, Paupower13, Candygirl.....who else is going to the Houston show? We are going to have a lil MNation get together!

Add mirwais72 to the list! I would love to meet you all! I just hope that some of the clubs will be having Madonna theme weekends!

Guest mirwais72

Thanks Lesbi! I WILL NOT MISS THIS SHOW FOR NOTHING! Of course, I am sure this show will sell out quick as many people will be traveling in for it. Let's hope for a second show as well! THAT WOULD BE AMAZING!

Guest jamesshot

mirwais72 added to the list! :)

I am sure the entire city of Houston will be having Madonna-themed everything when she is in town.

mirwais72 added to the list! :)

I am sure the entire city of Houston will be having Madonna-themed everything when she is in town.

I sure hope so. Since I traveled in to see the BATour in 1990, I didn't see much of a commotion back then aside from MTV being here.

Guest mirwais72

I remember it was all over the local news and in the paper. They had a picture of her leaving rehearsal in the paper. I was about 18 years old then so I don't remember anything happening at clubs.

I was thinking about how she is playing a stadium here and Minute Maid seats about 40,000. DO you think she could sell that out and be able to have a second show. It would be cool to see her twice. She has made us wait long enough! :)