US Chart Talk: 5/24/08

thebigham

AL did roughly 91K in week 2, and then roughly 58K in week 3.

:scared:

This album HAS to have staying power though. It has so much more going for it.

the tour is not gonna do $HIT for the cd,,,,the tour is gonna be a typical madonna bore tour,,,no encore..a pre recorded "Thank You Goodnight" ending,,,,shitty ass songs! pre-planned interaction with the crowd,same ol dance moves,another pathetic rendition of "Music" and all the fans will find excuses why she did an acoustic rendition of ,,hmm ohhh say,,,"I'm Goin Bananas" rather than one of her most enduring songs....not to mention,her greed over this new tkt deal she just signed,the BITCH needs to remember without her 80's songs she would be NOWHERE!!!! not that we need a greatest hits tour,but the fact she has over 40 top 40 hits,,she needs to learn how to "mix up" her set list and have a goodtime with BOTH her old and NEW songs!

Edited by cmaslow309

the tour is not gonna do $HIT for the cd,,,,the tour is gonna be a typical madonna bore tour,,,no encore..a pre recorded "Thank You Goodnight" ending,,,,shitty ass songs! pre-planned interaction with the crowd,same ol dance moves,another pathetic rendition of "Music" and all the fans will find excuses why she did an acoustic rendition of ,,hmm ohhh say,,,"I'm Goin Bananas" rather than one of her most enduring songs....not to mention,her greed over this new tkt deal she just signed,the BITCH needs to remember without her 80's songs she would be NOWHERE!!!! not that we need a greatest hits tour,but the fact she has over 40 top 40 hits,,she needs to learn how to "mix up" her set list and have a goodtime with BOTH her old and NEW songs!

:wacko::wacko::wacko::wacko::wacko::wacko::wacko:

Piss off.

"ohh i'm "Sorry" truth ALWAYS hurts,,,,,,"you dont wanna hear,,u dont wanna KNOW" ;)

To use a term our dear M-DoLLa may use these days YOU are WHACK!

What the fuck do you want her to do? Sing the Immaculate Collection everytime she tours?? Go fucking spin her first 4 albums and dance around and lipsynch in a blonde ponytail in front of your mirror or something....for fuck sake. :dramatic:

Obviously you were one of the UNLUCKY ones who didn't get to attend her last 2 tours or you would know that between those two tours she has sang a good number of her 80's classics:

1. Vogue

2. Express Yourself

3. Burning Up

4. Material Girl

5. Like A Prayer

6. Into The Groove

7. Crazy For You

8. Papa Don't Preach

9. Like A Virgin

10. Live To Tell

11. La Isla Bonita

12. Lucky Star

All within the past 4 years you damn fool so fuck off.

LOL, obviously you dont like her ANY of her tours, she always focus in the most recent album heavily. ALWAYS.

Oh, and that "she wouldnt be here if it wasnt for the 80's hits" its soooo tired, yes, those songs are good, but we have heard them over and over , let her sing her new stuff, which probably she wont sing ever again after the tour is done.

yes the truth usually always hurt these dumb fags

and the sells for the cd is also embarrassing since madonna worked with those blks for this cd to do well

listening to these fags they act as if she worked with these things just because she love there work

haha

I wonder if there is a post of you in which does not talk about races.

To use a term our dear M-DoLLa may use these days YOU are WHACK!

What the fuck do you want her to do? Sing the Immaculate Collection everytime she tours?? Go fucking spin her first 4 albums and dance around and lipsynch in a blonde ponytail in front of your mirror or something....for fuck sake. :dramatic:

Obviously you were one of the UNLUCKY ones who didn't get to attend her last 2 tours or you would know that between those two tours she has sang a good number of her 80's classics:

1. Vogue

2. Express Yourself

3. Burning Up

4. Material Girl

5. Like A Prayer

6. Into The Groove

7. Crazy For You

8. Papa Don't Preach

9. Like A Virgin

10. Live To Tell

11. La Isla Bonita

12. Lucky Star

All within the past 4 years you damn fool so fuck off.

!!!! not that we need a greatest hits tour,but the fact she has over 40 top 40 hits,,she needs to learn how to "mix up" her set list and have a goodtime with BOTH her old and NEW songs!

uMMMMMM what part of this DONT U UNDERSTAND?????

LOL, obviously you dont like her ANY of her tours, she always focus in the most recent album heavily. ALWAYS.

Oh, and that "she wouldnt be here if it wasnt for the 80's hits" its soooo tired, yes, those songs are good, but we have heard them over and over , let her sing her new stuff, which probably she wont sing ever again after the tour is done.

OK,,before i post this,I AM A HUGE MADONNA FAN,,HAVE BEEN SINCE 1986,when i was a wee little one,i was also warned to "tone it down " a little bit,the point is,she has MANY songs she can do,BUT seems to refuse ,she comes across as thinking she is better than the older songs she has done,we have not gotten "borderline,angel,dress you up,open your heart,true blue,who's that girl,cherish,keep it together,rain,bad girl,i'll remeber,take a bow,bedtime story,power of goodbye,dont cry for me argentina(miami mix),gambler,this used to be my playground, you must love me,etc,,ALL much worthy songs in comparisson to the songs she does do a la paradise not for me,drowned world(again) la isla bonita AGAIN music(again) she is obviously talented enough to "rework" these songs,, if shes capable of showing us a reworked "hung up",she is more THAN CAPABLE of showing us reworked versions of songs PEOPLE WANT TO HEAR AND KNOW,,it seems she has to many people kissing her A$$ and agree'ing with her rather than telling her what her public and fans WANT!

Edited by cmaslow309

OK,,before i post this,I AM A HUGE MADONNA FAN,,HAVE BEEN SINCE 1986,when i was a wee little one,i was also warned to "tone it down " a little bit,the point is,she has MANY songs she can do,BUT seems to refuse ,she comes across as thinking she is better than the older songs she has done,we have not gotten "borderline,angel,dress you up,open your heart,true blue,who's that girl,cherish,keep it together,rain,bad girl,i'll remeber,take a bow,bedtime story,power of goodbye,dont cry for me argentina(miami mix),gambler,this used to be my playground, you must love me,etc,,ALL much worthy songs in comparisson to the songs she does do a la paradise not for me,drowned world(again) la isla bonita AGAIN music(again) she is obviously talented enough to "rework" these songs,, if shes capable of showing us a reworked "hung up",she is more THAN CAPABLE of showing us reworked versions of songs PEOPLE WANT TO HEAR AND KNOW,,it seems she has to many people kissing her A$$ and agree'ing with her rather than telling her what her public and fans WANT!

For me as a diehard fan, I PREFER that she focuses on her current album as we will probably NEVER see some of those songs (aside from the hit singles from the albums) performed again. I (and many others that shell out that kind of money to see her) DO WANT TO HEAR AND DO KNOW THE CURRENT MATERIAL. It's a guarantee she's going to end up incorporating probably most of the songs you've listed at some point or another because they were hit songs. Future Lovers, Get Together, Let It Will Be, I Love New York, most AL tracks etc are probably songs we will NEVER see live again since they weren't hits. Yet even while focusing on her current project at the time of the tour...we STILL have managed to get the biggest hits of her career within the past 2 tours. Out of her 12 US number ones, we have heard over half of them on the previous 2 tours and many of her past top tens. I can see why she would want to ignore her 80's music sometimes, if she actually ALWAYS listened to her casual fans, she'd NEVER get to perform her new stuff, which is what she is most passionate about. DWT is the exception, but she had to cover 3 studio albums worth of songs she had barely touched live. Maybe to appease her whiny ass "80's/fair weathered" fans she should just STOP recording and play catch up. As long as she's a current recording artist, I'm afraid YOUR "dream setlist" will NEVER happen. Save your seat for someone like myself who will actually APPRECIATE IT! Thank you very much.

Guest danielal

I don't think HC was meant to the American audience. Just think that with every album she wants to do something new, likes diversity and changes styles. COADF had a more European dance rhythm and now HC has a more American soul r n b hip hop vibe. I think she completes a body of workn not necessarily aiming to a target audience. No way it't nor her style never been. She's too narcissistic.

And stop bitching about the American relative insuccess. The fact is that all this was expected. And this can only fuel an artist's insecurities and complexes. The reality is that she is not a super strong artist in the US, she is not a power house with a huge fan following. Lots of the people who buy her album I bet are not even fans, they buy it cause they simply like it or for whatever reason. The sales there just don't give her the confidence and the strenght needed to promote her album more or I don't know to be more into the american style tc.

I was just expecting for some of the Justin's fans ( the girls) to give a hand to his 4 Minutes collaborator, which I still hope it will happen in time. Besides foe god's sake she's 49 I think it is good for her to just do her thing, please the fans and be content that she is close to be a billionaire.

To those of you complaining about the sales....don't you know that MOST artists don't sell alot of CDs these days?! The music industry is a mess right now.These days,you could sell 100k and have the Number One album in the country.There are only a handful of artists (mostly younger acts and rappers) who sell huge amounts of CDs.Mariah Carey is the exception,not the rule.I don't know why some of you expected Hard Candy to be a massive seller.It's doing okay.....as well as can be expected.

Madonna is doing fine.Look at where Janet Jackson's career is at these days.3 flop albums in a row and a planned tour that may have to be scrapped because of lack of interest.

Guest Danny86
So GI2M will bomb. She only cares about the tour and that Malawi documentary.

How terrible indeed. After 25 years, Madonna still doesn't know that a 2 hour long extravaganza with her current music and some of her biggest hits, played in 10+ countries and 50+ cities will never satisfy her fans, she has to go to AI & Oprah and make her album double platinum to please them.

:rolleyes:

Guest bluejean

I don't understand how people honestly believe Madonna didn't work with these producers to appeal to a US audience. It's very obvious what she was trying to do, she even made the 1st single a duet with Justin Timberlake for goodness sake.

Wake up! Madonna may have gotten into JT's album and wanted that sound, but more than that she wanted a big hit album like Nelly Furtado and Justin Timberlake. That was her priority, it's just so obvious. People who are not Madonna fans can see that so why can't her fans?

I do think it's too early to say she failed. And regardless of how it does the album is great. That is what counts to me.

Guest iMisto
The ironic thing is HC is aimed at American audiences but they are just not buying it.

And she has alienated some of her gay fanbase.

WRONG

Americans ARE buying it. They're buying the SINGLE. That's it. People, escpecially teenagers, which is the base demographic for the music industry, DON'T buy albums these days... they buy 1 song on iTunes.

And the gay fanbase is NOT alienated. I can't even tell you all the gays I know that love her new album. She would have to turn republican and say AIDS was a punishment from god, to alienate her gay fanbase.

puhhhh-leazze.

And the gay fanbase is NOT alienated. I can't even tell you all the gays I know that love her new album. She would have to turn republican and say AIDS was a punishment from god, to alienate her gay fanbase.

puhhhh-leazze.

:lmao: OK, she´s not alienating her gay fanbase, but with COADF she was nearly paying us a homage!!!! maybe that´s the difference, madonna is always gay friendly, but last album was very gay friendly

sooner or later we will have to embrace her non chart artistic persona, cause she won't be toping charts forever and sell so many records. i'm very positive about that era just as like I'm positive about music on hard candy, talking about numbers, who sold more etc. is fun in a term of 'gay superbowl effect' but isn't even close to longterm effect that her music now and in the future will have on us.

This is BY FAR the most expensive album madonna has ever recorded. God only knows how much pharrell and timbo charged her, not including fucking for tracks. So a second week number of 90,000 is a big, fat failure.

She has had the 3rd highest opening of the year. You people are living in the 80's. You do all realize in an era where CD sales were extremely healthy Erotica opened with less than 200K....same with BS. The album is doing fine, stop using Mariah Carey's album sales as a blueprint for Madonna's. MARIAH HAS ALWAYS OUTSOLD MADONNA....ALWAYS! In fact, short of the LAV and TB eras Madonna was never the top selling "it" girl, she just has consistency. Now is no exception, her album sales are a reflection of the market as a whole. Take a look at the charts people. This album is actually good, it won't free fall like AL did. The 2nd week drop it's experiencing is normal and expected. Some of you are failing to see we are upon an entirely new era in the music business, like I said you are living in the 80's. Wait until NEXT album (if it's even released in the traditional way we are used to by that point) opening sales will probably be lucky to be 200K no matter WHAT time of year it is. imisto has a very good point....singles are like the new albums and 4M is KILLING in singles sales. In many ways it's like we are reverting back to the 60's when albums sold very little but singles sales were through the roof. It wasn't until the 70's that we started having blockbuster album sales from acts like Fleetwood Mac, Bee Gees etc. WELCOME TO 2008 FOLKS!!

:blink:

I agree w/ everything Kurt said.

:lol:

That's right....listen to imisto....he's YOUNG and WITH IT. He KNOWS his shit!! He's our link to the teens and tweens...lol.

This is BY FAR the most expensive album madonna has ever recorded. God only knows how much pharrell and timbo charged her, not including fucking for tracks. So a second week number of 90,000 is a big, fat failure.

Right, because you know how much her bills are? Stop talking out your ass. What a drama queen. I'm sure the 800,000 units she moved in the first week covered the bill.

Guest danielal

THE FLOP FANS with SOME FLOP BRAINS you see they just DON'T GET IT.

YOU see IT'S REALLY HARD for they to think...JUST IGNORE THEM

You see they don't seem to understand that the album's sales R dropping because it had HUGE SALES IN ITS FIRST WEEK if we consider that albums don't really sell nowadays as they use to.

They don't seem to understand or DON"T WANNA that MADONNA/ THE BIGGEST SELLING FEMALE RECORDING ARTIST OF ALL TIME

HAS SOLD BY NOW

OVER 2 OOO OOO SINGLES UNITS WORLDWIDE FROM HER NEW ALBUM amd IT'S THE WORLD'S NR 1 SONG FOR 4 WEEKS ACOORDING TO THE UNITED WOORLD CHART

AND ALSO OVER 1 000 000 COPIES WW OF HER BRILLIANT NEW ALBUM HARD CANDY in just 2 WEEKS which is amazing

YEAH BABY 1 000 000 COPIES IN JUST 2 WEEKS

THEY SEEM TO BRING THEIR OWN BS IN THEIR LIFE AND THROW IT ON MADONNA WITH THE EXCUSE THAT THEY R ARE FANS

WHINNING ALL DAY ETC

THE FLOP FANS with SOME FLOP BRAINS BETTER SWITCH IDOL