Will HC reach 1x Platinum?

the album is still on Billboards Top 20 so it will surpass platinum at this point.

that's not the logic nowadays... TOP 20 means selling 20K+

high-ranking in album charts don't mean sh*t anymore...

you can buy your own albums now if you want to chart in the Billboard 200... even if you're a nobody...

that's not the logic nowadays... TOP 20 means selling 20K+

high-ranking in album charts don't mean sh*t anymore...

you can buy your own albums now if you want to chart in the Billboard 200... even if you're a nobody...

it would have to sell 20k for 25wks to top 1million.

that aint happening.

gold will be it! lowest cd of her career!

it would have to sell 20k for 25wks to top 1million.

that aint happening.

gold will be it! lowest cd of her career!

the only hope will be if HC somehow squeaks by AL, so its not simply the "lowest selling" CD of her career ! I agree, 1 mill is 90% not likely, but I just want HC to beat AL, so the Lambs dont go trolling and infesting M message boards with the glory that this is biggest flop ever etc..

the only hope will be if HC somehow squeaks by AL, so its not simply the "lowest selling" CD of her career ! I agree, 1 mill is 90% not likely, but I just want HC to beat AL, so the Lambs dont go trolling and infesting M message boards with the glory that this is biggest flop ever etc..

You DONT have to worry re: MC fans. Her album is tanking faster than M.

They are just as devastated!

The truth is the truth thou. Im a Madonna fan, and I think MC is garbage. Even "if" HC sells more than AL-it wont matter what so ever. Why? Because RIAA is what identifies sales-and as far as their chart goes-it will be her LOWEST and only GOLD cd!

Also, HC will remain "gold" for life UNLESS Gi2me rescues it!

Guest demitri

Well the thing here is that as the years go by, CD sales (across the board) drop.

HC's chart performance is pretty decent so far. If this were 1998 I think she'd be closet to a million already.. with this sort of chart performance

Guest jamesshot
I don't think that there is a Madonna album with higher soundscan sales than its RIAA certification. If HC scans 1M they will certify it platinum, maybe not at once but eventually. Ok, we can assume that they won't certify it for less, like they did with American Life. And it is too early to consider 1M completely improbable. With one more at least moderate hit (like Top 40 in airplay) it could happen.

There are MANY Madonna albums that are undercertified. They are discussed in their own thread even.