Will HC reach 1x Platinum?

The tour will not impact sales at all. Never have, so why now? I don't know how the CD will sell because I don't know if Madonna plans any type of promo at all. At the current rate things are going she might hit 850,000 units at most. With some effort she can do 1,000,000 - 1,300,000.

No, the tour won't spike HC to the top 10 of the BB200 for the duration of her tour. But like with CT it will sustain sales and keep it on the charts and selling pretty steadily. That's exactly what happened with COADF, as soon as the tour left the US the album fell off the chart but it held on up until August of '06...it had a 37 week run (???) and no doubt the tour helped to sustain it.

2nd Week sales

:bruised:

She sold less than Mariah's album! How embarrasing!

CHART DATE: 05/12/2008

LAST UPDATE: 05/13/2008 12:37:47

NOW IN: FINAL

LW TW artist / album label power index % change

-- 1 NEIL DIAMOND COLUMBIA 140,004 --

HOME BEFORE DARK

-- 2 TOBY KEITH UME/SHOW DOG 100,527 --

35 BIGGEST HITS

-- 3 CLAY AIKEN RCA/RMG 92,887 --

ON MY WAY HERE

2 4 Mby ARIAH CAREY ISLAND/IDJMG 88,498 +2%

E=MC2

1 5 MADONNA WARNER BROS. 82,830 -71%

HARD CANDY

3 6 LEONA LEWIS J RECORDS/RMG 75,612 -8%

SPIRIT

M-dolla should change her name to M-flopa :demonic:

We need one of these for Madonna now I DEMAND IT

Beacuse in the USA at least HARD CANDY is oficially a

:janetflop:

wow by just under 6,000 copies big deal :tongue:

Your statements sounds like hot air your blowing our of your fat ass. The world consists of more than your redneck hick town!

US market only... Please janet was singing her sorry ass around on every TV show the week her album came out and sold a 100,000 less than Madonna did with no promotion. Madonna also has a Top 5 hit that has big airplay and HUGE sales. Janet can't hold a candle to that. Stop talking out your redneck hick town ass!

Pardon Me? But the US is important in sales? Do you forget Madonna comes from the USA?

Now whos blowing air from their ass. I KNOW ITS NO J.R!

The tour wont make much of a difference. Maybe if the following singles are promoted properly with quality videos not like GT or Jump, but with the tour coming, I think there will be time for only one more video/single. I cant see Madonna shooting a video while she is on tour...shes far too lazy

Guest Danny86
what would really sting is if LiveNation suddenly wanted to "re-negotiate" her contract... :bruised:

Suuuure, a touring company would re-negotiate the contract of the artist, who broke a record among solo female tours with millions, because HC won't be double platinum in the USA. :rolleyes:

Guest boytoyville

Oh great another panic thread. The album is doing fine. Unlike a lot of other albums it was only on sale the first week. It's sale price is 13.99. It might be selling a bit less but part of that is being made up by the higher price point. It will undoubtedly be certified at least 1 x platnuim. that is s give in. The tour will help sales a little bit also. Lets see how the other single so & perhaps she will make a television appearence or two while on tour. RELAX. It's doing fine in the US & great worldwide.

Hey JR! your enthusiasm for Madonna's new album is realyy something to take notice!

Janet? Who is Janet?

How many albums has Madonna sold WW? Hmmm...in the range of 200 000 000 copies Hmmm how many Janet WW? Hmmm 60-70 million? Hma so there's a difference of about 130 million?

170 Million dear, get it right! Don't be mad at Janet that M's album aint selling as well as expected. Jan has nothing to do with this, so leave her out of it.

Guest harbors
Madonna is over.

i hate to say this but i do agree wit u. people are getting tired of her bigcock iness.

Just because the album isn't selling as well as expected doesn't mean Madonna is over. Come on, get real. Someone like Madonna who has been such an influential figure in pop culture over the past 25+ years will NEVER truly be over. All artists experience slumps in sales, but i'm sure all you drama queens were saying she was over too when "American Life" flopped but M came back more successful than ever and proved the nay-sayers wrong. I think "Hard Candy" has 1 or 2 singles that can be huge over here though, but Madge just has to actually promote her s*it and stop focusing all her attention on touring, flop films and flop children's books :dramatic: .

Just because the album isn't selling as well as expected doesn't mean Madonna is over. Come on, get real. Someone like Madonna who has been such an influential figure in pop culture over the past 25+ years will NEVER truly be over. All artists experience slumps in sales, but i'm sure all you drama queens were saying she was over too when "American Life" flopped but M came back more successful than ever and proved the nay-sayers wrong. I think "Hard Candy" has 1 or 2 singles that can be huge over here though, but Madge just has to actually promote her s*it and stop focusing all her attention on touring, flop films and flop children's books :dramatic: .

i agree! Do you guys think that TV promo can really do something? it did nothing for janet, kylie..... and even Mariah's single was not benefited at all from all her appeareances.

170 Million dear, get it right! Don't be mad at Janet that M's album aint selling as well as expected. Jan has nothing to do with this, so leave her out of it.

ahh.gif

can we have a new category in this year's MNATION awards? Most Delusional Poster award...

Guest harbors

I c, that number INCLUDES MJ's sales.

Janet has sold 170 million albums worldwide!!!!!!!!!???? Not to be mean, but that calculation has more holes in it then the Bible.

And for Chirsts sake! She had the 3rd biggest opening of the year!!! How is that being "over"!!?? Do people not understand that CDs dont really sell anymore!? This isnt the 80s, 90s, or early 00s anymore.

By the way some interesting info I ran into reading BB @ Borders 2nite. march17 08 issue billboard top 200

I was shocked at some of the people who say CDS are NOT SELLING?

Then I was like:: wait a minute?...

Carrie Underwood 7x platinum 2005 release

daughtry 4 x platinum

alicia 3 x platinum

eagles 7x platinum

garth 5 x platinum

By the way some interesting info I ran into reading BB @ Borders 2nite. march17 08 issue billboard top 200

Carrie Underwood 7x platinum

daughtry 4 x platinum

alicia 3 x platinum

eagles 7x platinum

garth 5 x platinum

Those are the VAST minority.

well for one i have not heard bout Madonna new tour outside of Madonna sites so that should tell ya something.

i never got her why she don't do the tv,magazine circuit when she go on tour like most people.

she might as well pimp her shyt out since she is pimping her damn gullible stupid azz fans

Madonna hasn't needed to pimp her tours on tv or magazines "like most people". The tickets sell themselves. Madonna = SOLD OUT shows.

[ChickenLittle]

OMG! It's the end of the world!

Old granny must either pull a Mimi (Re-release HC for at least 3 times) or Prince act (include 1 cd for each ticket sales) now!!!

[/ChickenLittle]

daughtry 4 x platinum

alicia 3 x platinum

eagles 7x platinum

garth 5 x platinum

Yes, but those are all extreme exceptions:

Carrie Underwood- AMERICAN IDOL

Daughtry- AMERICAN IDOL

Alicia- Holiday sales helped her A LOT. Not to mention she's simply a hot, young artist who appeals to a wide variety of people.

Eagles- One of the best selling bands ever. These guys have a huge, devoted fanbase. First album of new material in 27 years.

Garth- One of (if not the) best selling country artist ever. Don't underestimate the country fans. See Carrie Underwood above. Not saying this to be rude or a smart ass but seriously Garth is like one of those Wal-Mart staples. People LOVE this man.

Aside from her LAV and TB years Madonna has simply NEVER been one of those types of artists above. Every one of those acts above are safe musically and they don't piss off people the way M does. When you REALLY break it down, the majority of Madonna's albums ACTUALLY should've sold a lot more than they did:

LAP- 4 million after 3 MASSIVE hit singles (LAP, EY, C), 1 decent hit (KIT) and 1 mediocre hit (OF). Not to mention the hype she had surrounding her in those days. She and MJ were the biggest stars in the world. Her most critically acclaimed album up until that point. This one should've at least equalled TB's 8 million.

Erotica- 1.6 million. Nothing to say other than for 1992 standards it was a FLOP!

BS- 2.3 million. This one spawned the longest running number one of her career plus a major hit with Secret. HOT producers of the day. Should've at least done 3.5 million in that healthy sales market. PLUS it was out right before the holidays.

ROL- Honestly, I think this is the only one that performed as it should've at 4 million....if not exceeding expectations. It was one of her most critically acclaimed, but the sound she explored here wasn't the safest guarantee.

Music- Right around 3 million....not bad! But Music was MASSIVE and DTM was pretty damn HUGE too! This was her biggest opening ever and album sales seemed to be MASSIVE around this time overall. Still say it should've equaled ROL's total.

AL- Although the market was beginning it's rapid deterioration at this point, this albums performance is pretty much a flop! Under 700K still...:(

COADF- I lied in my ROL assessment.....this one actually did very well for itself. Coming off the AL fiasco, minimal airplay. The holidays and good word of mouth really helped this one. For 2005 standards this did pretty damn good at nearly 1.7 million.

daughtry 4 x platinum

alicia 3 x platinum

eagles 7x platinum

garth 5 x platinum

There are a few exceptions but **MOST** CDs that are released today do not sell well.Many times,an album will be Number One on the Billboard charts........with sales that are around 150k or less! For every Mariah Carey,there are literally dozens of other CDs that don't even reach gold status in the US.Every year,the record labels release hundreds of new CDs and only four or five of them became massive sellers.

"Thank God I don't have to rely on CD sales",Madonna recently said."I know how to put on a show".

That says it all....

Edited by SkyHigh76

Yes, but those are all extreme exceptions:

Carrie Underwood- AMERICAN IDOL

Daughtry- AMERICAN IDOL

Alicia- Holiday sales helped her A LOT. Not to mention she's simply a hot, young artist who appeals to a wide variety of people.

Eagles- One of the best selling bands ever. These guys have a huge, devoted fanbase. First album of new material in 27 years.

Garth- One of (if not the) best selling country artist ever. Don't underestimate the country fans. See Carrie Underwood above. Not saying this to be rude or a smart ass but seriously Garth is like one of those Wal-Mart staples. People LOVE this man.

Aside from her LAV and TB years Madonna has simply NEVER been one of those types of artists above. Every one of those acts above are safe musically and they don't piss off people the way M does. When you REALLY break it down, the majority of Madonna's albums ACTUALLY should've sold a lot more than they did:

LAP- 4 million after 3 MASSIVE hit singles (LAP, EY, C), 1 decent hit (KIT) and 1 mediocre hit (OF). Not to mention the hype she had surrounding her in those days. She and MJ were the biggest stars in the world. Her most critically acclaimed album up until that point. This one should've at least equalled TB's 8 million.

Erotica- 1.6 million. Nothing to say other than for 1992 standards it was a FLOP!

BS- 2.3 million. This one spawned the longest running number one of her career plus a major hit with Secret. HOT producers of the day. Should've at least done 3.5 million in that healthy sales market. PLUS it was out right before the holidays.

ROL- Honestly, I think this is the only one that performed as it should've at 4 million....if not exceeding expectations. It was one of her most critically acclaimed, but the sound she explored here wasn't the safest guarantee.

Music- Right around 3 million....not bad! But Music was MASSIVE and DTM was pretty damn HUGE too! This was her biggest opening ever and album sales seemed to be MASSIVE around this time overall. Still say it should've equaled ROL's total.

AL- Although the market was beginning it's rapid deterioration at this point, this albums performance is pretty much a flop! Under 700K still...:(

COADF- I lied in my ROL assessment.....this one actually did very well for itself. Coming off the AL fiasco, minimal airplay. The holidays and good word of mouth really helped this one. For 2005 standards this did pretty damn good at nearly 1.7 million.

True, Kurt...

However, with all do respect, CDS are still "sellable" and there is a "market" for them.

I think , Madonna, of all artists should be able to pull 2 x platinum. 1 mill is just not great for her.

Because I Love You - September

Re: Madonna, "4 Minutes" * #5 & very much alive! *

« Reply #589 Today at 12:30am »

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

from BOTOXIC:

Yesterday at 8:13pm, Hustler's Hard Candy wrote:A little rumor about GITM.

From stereomover @ mfanzine

"Planned for June 17th.

Promos go out June 9th.

Those dates seem accurate, and they fall on the correct days of the week. I'm inclined to believe this rumor will become true.

That means 4M will have sustained itself for 13 weeks, or exactly a quarter of a year - not a bad run at all. I like how 4M encapsulated spring, GI2M will encompass the summer months (hoping for another 13 week run!), and MA will be released in time for fall. Each song seems to fit its respective season to me.

P.S. I will be starting a GI2M request page in the next few weeks. Please P.M. me if you'd like the link, which I'll send out once the page is up and running (first or second week of June). Only true blue fans need apply, and it will be OK to share with trusted people at other M fansites.