Madonna Reinvents Herself As a Ticket-Scalping Profiteer

Camacho

The really sad thing is that I was really enjoying this Hard Candy era until this news dropped. I thought this would be the year I finally attend my first Madonna concert. Pffffffffffffttt......:confused:

Guest boytoyville

^Umm...it's not like you can't find a decent priced ticket and go. Most of the tix aren't even on sale yet. Get a grip.

Madonna is going all the way with her new alter-ego M-do$$a :confused:

It's so WRONG!

Just buy a ticket you can afford and at face value! Don't support saclping! :confused:

Given the amount of media hype that's already building up here in Vancouver (she's never played here), trust me that it's going to be a blood bath when tickets go on sale. Meanwhile, I look at Stubhub website and they already are sellling floor seats for over $1700. How the fuck did they manage to obtain seats already? :confused:

I'm definitely only going to buy through ticketmaster. If all I can get that day is some seat near the toilet where I can only watch Madonna through some digital screen - then fuck it. I'll wait for the DVD - a pirated one.

Given the amount of media hype that's already building up here in Vancouver (she's never played here), trust me that it's going to be a blood bath when tickets go on sale. Meanwhile, I look at Stubhub website and they already are sellling floor seats for over $1700. How the fuck did they manage to obtain seats already? :confused:

I'm definitely only going to buy through ticketmaster. If all I can get that day is some seat near the toilet where I can only watch Madonna through some digital screen - then fuck it. I'll wait for the DVD - a pirated one.

:lmao::thumbsup:

New York tickets go up to $7,500 on there, your are kinda cheap :scared:

New York tickets go up to $7,500 on there, your are kinda cheap :scared:

That's just it. You know things have gone from bad to scary when $1700 is considered "cheap." :scared:

:lmao:

I think we should all wait and see before we start demanding for Madonna's head though. I doubt she would hand over that many tickets to stubhub. I mean at the end of the day she DOES want to fill the arenas up. I am sure the amount of people willing to pay thousands for 1 ticket is in the vast minority so it would be just stupid of her to pull something large scale like that. I am sure most will be able to get good seats at regular price if they want to in the end. And if I am wrong and coming across good seats becomes next to near impossible because they were all given to stubhub, THEN I will be pissed. Until then, I am just sort of shrugging my shoulders and taking an "I really dont know what to think yet" stand on this issue.

The tickets on stubhub start at around $900 for a decent seat and up to $7,500 for Lodge Seating Area. Be my guest and be a sucker. Only suckers would pay that money.

I got brilliant tickets through stubhub for way, way, way cheaper than that for the CT. By "brilliant" I mean "Pod A" at the end of the catwalk at MSG.

Guest boytoyville

Just as a side note. Isn't Live Nation going to be selling her tickets exclusivly through their site in the future? If that is the case this "endorsement" with stubhub would only be a onetime thing with this tour. Did anybody remember reading that also somewhere?

There are currently nearly just over 500 tickets available for her first MSG concert on stubhub. All they provide are row numbers and sections, so it's quite possible that there is some sort of deal whereby they get 4 tickets in a row and these blocks of 4 are scattered throughout the venue. 500 tickets in an 18 000 seat venue isn't really that much and judging by the colour coded map, it's definitely not as though all of the best tickets have been given to stubhub (lots of floor seats, but nothing better than Row C, so the very best tickets are still up for grabs, as are most of the seats in that row, other than the two on sale).

I understand people being angry, but at the moment, the prices are high because they're hoping people will be so eager to see her that they'll fork out a lot of money to see her. I doubt anyone here has ever purchased tickets *before* they've gone on sale and I'm sure that the prices will come down when they have trouble selling them. Wasn't the record for a Madonna ticket $3000 for a seat in Miami? I doubt anyone's spending $7500 for a ticket - that price will plummet after the sales start.

Guest boytoyville

^ Yeah I don't think they have as many tickets as people here think either. I must get out of this thread for a bit though these bitches are killing my tour buzz and I can't wait for the tour to get underway so people forget about this nonsense! :headbang:

Just as a side note. Isn't Live Nation going to be selling her tickets exclusivly through their site in the future? If that is the case this "endorsement" with stubhub would only be a onetime thing with this tour. Did anybody remember reading that also somewhere?

yep - they are suppose to create their own online ticket sales site (to rical ticketmaster and capture the convenience charges...). In Madonna's deal, LN will make 10% of gross ticket sales and 50% of merchandise sales (after cost) - if this is a $200M tour they will end up with a minimum of $25M. Three more tours, three more albums and licensing her name out to everyhting in the free world will rake them in way more than the $120M the deal is said to be worth.

She will make more than them (probably 2x more at minimum) and yet she STILL presells her tickets to an "authorized reseller" in order to make more money - sick and totally not necessary - greed.

Guest thepowerofmadonna
and yet she STILL presells her tickets to an "authorized reseller" in order to make more money - sick and totally not necessary - greed.

Live Nation is behind this too.

Guest Madlover033003

i dont even wanna pay 350 :lol: what is wrong with this bitch? if the prices are really that ridiculous, i hope her tour flops miserably.

i dont even wanna pay 350 :lol: what is wrong with this bitch? if the prices are really that ridiculous, i hope her tour flops miserably.

There are many people on here who will pay for your ticket if you let them get on their knees and suck you dry.

Thats BS, are you blind? Between the two NY dates, its almost 1,000 tickets they have, they have the best seats there. Floor and Lodge areas. More tickets are being added there.

There are currently nearly just over 500 tickets available for her first MSG concert on stubhub. All they provide are row numbers and sections, so it's quite possible that there is some sort of deal whereby they get 4 tickets in a row and these blocks of 4 are scattered throughout the venue. 500 tickets in an 18 000 seat venue isn't really that much and judging by the colour coded map, it's definitely not as though all of the best tickets have been given to stubhub (lots of floor seats, but nothing better than Row C, so the very best tickets are still up for grabs, as are most of the seats in that row, other than the two on sale).

I understand people being angry, but at the moment, the prices are high because they're hoping people will be so eager to see her that they'll fork out a lot of money to see her. I doubt anyone here has ever purchased tickets *before* they've gone on sale and I'm sure that the prices will come down when they have trouble selling them. Wasn't the record for a Madonna ticket $3000 for a seat in Miami? I doubt anyone's spending $7500 for a ticket - that price will plummet after the sales start.

If you go to stubhub and look at the shows that she starts in the early part of her tour its obvious that she or her people have given stubhub or the scalpers a large portion of the best seats, its as simple as that. How else would they get their hands on the best seats in the house before even pre-sale?

They're not the best seats, though - at least not at every venue. In Toronto, for example, the best they have is six tickets in Row 6. Most of the seats available in New York are at least halfway down the first section.

I don't know. Maybe the deal is actually with Ticketmaster or even the venues themselves? In any case, we're looking at around 3% of the total number of tickets available, scattered around the venue.

Guest Madlover033003
There are many people on here who will pay for your ticket if you let them get on their knees and suck you dry.

:dramatic: ok lets do this :horny:

Thats TOTALLY NOT TRUE. For both NY shows, they have the BEST SEATS in the house, THE LODGE SEATS and the FLOOR SEATS!!

The closer to the sale date the more seats they will be adding!!

They're not the best seats, though - at least not at every venue. In Toronto, for example, the best they have is six tickets in Row 6. Most of the seats available in New York are at least halfway down the first section.

I don't know. Maybe the deal is actually with Ticketmaster or even the venues themselves? In any case, we're looking at around 3% of the total number of tickets available, scattered around the venue.

There 3 different price for the same row in the same section, for example:

Section: Floor 2

Row: D

1st seller is selling at US$43 LINK

2nd seller is selling at US$2900 LINK

3rd seller is selling at US$6500 LINK

Thats TOTALLY NOT TRUE. For both NY shows, they have the BEST SEATS in the house, THE LODGE SEATS and the FLOOR SEATS!!

The closer to the sale date the more seats they will be adding!!

If the "best seats" on the floor are Rows C/D and back, then what are the front two rows for?!

It's not as though they have *every single seat* in those sections, is it? They have a smattering in each section.

If the "best seats" on the floor are Rows C/D and back, then what are the front two rows for?!

It's not as though they have *every single seat* in those sections, is it? They have a smattering in each section.

They have a HUGE AMOUNT OF SEATS ON THE FLOOR AND LODGE- More than 1,000 now!!! THOSE ARE THE BEST SEATS IN THE ARENA!!!!!!!!!!!!! NO scattering in each section