Madonna Reinvents Herself As a Ticket-Scalping Profiteer

Camacho

bitch plzzzz

that much money to see her sing 4 minutes flat

I'll watch someone's front row video on youtube for $free.99

I'm sure you not buying a ticket to her tour will have a profound and lasting impact on the success of the tour too! :dramatic:

Wait! Nevermind. There is Thousands of queens that will try to snatch up the ticket that you didn't buy.

Supply and demand.....she charges what she does on tour because SHE CAN

I disagree with you even people with alot of money are not going to dish out more than $5,000 per ticket for Madonna.

That's exactly right, and what will happen to those unsold tickets? The sellers will be forced to lower the prices. The top price for a ticket on the last tour was around $3500 or something like that, but there were definitely tickets on sale for much, much more. They weren't sold, so the prices dropped.

It's interesting how a lot of the points I've been making all along (and which have been expressed far more succinctly by lori) are now starting to make sense to several people (not glittercandy or gimmesomore, though, obviously!). I guess there are more "loons" around (or maybe I should say "open minded people") than a lot of others thought.

The deal with viagogo is slightly different to the Stubhub one in that they are being given exclusive rights to VIP packages and Premium tickets, whereas Stubhub isn't (note also that not a single ticket is available on viagogo - they clearly state that tickets don't go on sale until the 16th).

It's a bit sad that so many people refuse to keep an open mind about any of this. Some people are acting as though she's decided to abandon Malawi and become a pimp instead.

Yea the real test will be the public sale. In my honest opinion i think the whole thing will be sold out in 20 minutes, and most people wont be able to get through to ticketmaster.

Doesn't that always happen anyway, though? If you're going to judge everything by whether the shows sell out quickly and whether people have trouble getting through to Ticketmaster, then you might as well judge now, because it's an absolute given that this will happen, just as it did two years ago, four years ago and seven years ago.

Oh come on, no need to be dramatic. Yeah, at first many of us were angry but can you blame us? Both of the articles that came out of New York painted an ugly picture. It makes more sense now, but I still stand by my opinion that this was a stupid move. It rubs me the wrong way as a fan ultimately, and that's not a good thing. It just makes me feel like this entire venture is just an opportunity for her to rake in cash, rather than get out there and perform for the people that love her.

You always go on about being open minded Carta, but I think it's slightly hypocritical of you to say, because you never allow yourself to see that Madonna can be a bit of a bitch sometimes. I mean you're even defending her puzzling decision to not play for her Australian fans after all the support and success they've given her in the fifteen years she's avoided them. I don't think it's necessary or appropriate of you to be like "omg see, I was saying it all along" or "I guess everyone's a loon now, huh?" Even if you say it nicely. I love Madonna and will love her in spite of shitty moves like this, but I refuse to sit here and make excuses for her. So don't act like you've been vindicated since you're merely doing what you do all the time, and that's defend Madonna until you're blue in the face. I don't like being made to feel like I'm an asshole simply because I'm not thrilled with the bullshit that Madonna throws at her fans now and then.

Doesn't that always happen anyway, though? If you're going to judge everything by whether the shows sell out quickly and whether people have trouble getting through to Ticketmaster, then you might as well judge now, because it's an absolute given that this will happen, just as it did two years ago, four years ago and seven years ago.

Why do you keep defending Scalpers like you love them?

Oh come on, no need to be dramatic. Yeah, at first many of us were angry but can you blame us? Both of the articles that came out of New York painted an ugly picture. It makes more sense now, but I still stand by my opinion that this was a stupid move. It rubs me the wrong way as a fan ultimately, and that's not a good thing. It just makes me feel like this entire venture is just an opportunity for her to rake in cash, rather than get out there and perform for the people that love her.

You always go on about being open minded Carta, but I think it's slightly hypocritical of you to say, because you never allow yourself to see that Madonna can be a bit of a bitch sometimes. I mean you're even defending her puzzling decision to not play for her Australian fans after all the support and success they've given her in the fifteen years she's avoided them. I don't think it's necessary or appropriate of you to be like "omg see, I was saying it all along" or "I guess everyone's a loon now, huh?" Even if you say it nicely. I love Madonna and will love her in spite of shitty moves like this, but I refuse to sit here and make excuses for her. So don't act like you've been vindicated since you're merely doing what you do all the time, and that's defend Madonna until you're blue in the face. I don't like being made to feel like I'm an asshole simply because I'm not thrilled with the bullshit that Madonna throws at her fans now and then.

I agree with everything you said. Carta is weird. Kinda scary.

I'm sure you not buying a ticket to her tour will have a profound and lasting impact on the success of the tour too! :dramatic:

Wait! Nevermind. There is Thousands of queens that will try to snatch up the ticket that you didn't buy.

Supply and demand.....she charges what she does on tour because SHE CAN

I never said that I was ignorant to the fact that someone would buy that ticket--of course people will! I'm just saying that I won't.

Why do you keep defending Scalpers like you love them?

I don't. You're acting like everything has changed, though, when it hasn't. The fact is that the tickets will sell out extremely quickly via Ticketmaster because they always do! That's not going to change. Who's buying the tickets? It can't *just* be the scalpers, because it would be absurd to think that of 16 000 people at a concert at MSG, even a third of those people bought their tickets from scalpers. I know next to no one who has ever bought a ticket from anywhere other than Ticketmaster - do you? That's not going to change this time around!

I'm not trying to make anyone feel bad. I've been insulted and trashed in this thread by several people, but I have not insulted anyone else. It's just interesting that a lot of people have now calmed down and are starting to think that maybe the deal isn't as evil as it first appeared to be (even if people still have serious issues with it). You yourself said that it doesn't sound as bad as it first appeared. I have always seen it this way, but that doesn't mean that I've deserved to be insulted. Check all of my posts - I don't resort to insults to make a point (nor do you, for that matter).

What is wrong with defending Madonna? If she did something I truly disagreed with, I would say so. She rarely does that as far as I'm concerned. Does this make me a loon? According to an awful lot of people, yes. I'm attacked because I agree with Madonna. That's fine, but it's also not a very nice feeling. As for the other (unrelated) thread that you're referring to, my main point is that Madonna doesn't *owe* Australia a tour, but Australia absolutely and without question *deserves* one. I'm as keen as everyone else to know why she's yet to announce a tour here, but that's irrelevant to this discussion.

I'm not trying to make anyone feel bad. I've been insulted and trashed in this thread by several people, but I have not insulted anyone else. It's just interesting that a lot of people have now calmed down and are starting to think that maybe the deal isn't as evil as it first appeared to be (even if people still have serious issues with it). You yourself said that it doesn't sound as bad as it first appeared. I have always seen it this way, but that doesn't mean that I've deserved to be insulted. Check all of my posts - I don't resort to insults to make a point.

What is wrong with defending Madonna? If she did something I truly disagreed with, I would say so. She rarely does that as far as I'm concerned. Does this make me a loon? According to an awful lot of people, yes. I'm attacked because I agree with Madonna. That's fine, but it's also not a very nice feeling. As for the other (unrelated) thread that you're referring to, my main point is that Madonna doesn't *owe* Australia a tour, but Australia absolutely and without question *deserves* one. I'm as keen as everyone else to know why she's yet to announce a tour here, but that's irrelevant to this discussion

Well, there isn't technically wrong with defending Madonna, I just think you kind of go overboard. I really do wonder what it would take for you to be like "god, what a bitch." She's pulled moves like this before, but I think it's gotten to the point where she just looks like a greedy hag. You, Glittercandy, Lori, and myself have all gone back and forth with each other in this thread and from Lori's side we've gotten a totally different perspective on the situation, even if we're still pretty turned off by Madonna's scheming. Which I think we have a total right to be. All you've done is search high and low for ways to spin this into a situation we as fans should be totally fine with, and you really shouldn't bother. There's ways to make it sound less insulting than New York Magazine made it sound, but there's no way to make Madonna sound like the altruistic fan-friendly legend that we all know she isn't. I've defended Madonna on a whole array of topics and truly believe that she's done a lot of positive things, not least of which is her work in Africa, but I hate that she can be shitty to her fans sometimes. This stubhub move is kind of a metaphorical middle finger to me. It shows me that she doesn't care that a lot of us are spending hundereds to see her - instead she's trying to solve the problem by aligning herself with the middleman and being a chess player just for the sake of the extra cash. I dislike that about her and wish she would have chosen to solve this problem in a different way.

That's fine, 12:51. I haven't been searching high and low to put a positive spin on this, though. My main point has always been that nothing has changed about the way the fans will get the tickets. A lot of people don't see it that way, though, and are waiting with bated breath for everyone to be screwed over by Madonna herself when it comes to buying tickets. That's not going to happen. Surely you can see that?

You have every right to be disappointed in her (of course!!) and I have every right not to be. Who's right and who's wrong? Who really cares?! Everyone was ripping her apart, so I presented the other side of the argument. Lori basically said the same thing I was saying but in a far more succinct way and adding other points as well (she's a loon, too, according to some here). I think my main issue at the moment is that people (not you) feel the need to resort to insults to make a point. What does that achieve?

I have my limits, too. There are issues that I abhor and if Madonna started condoning them I'd be at her in a flash. She's yet to do this, though.

BTW - I see the world through rose coloured glasses. I look for the best in every person I know and every person I deal with. Does that come back and bite me? Sometimes, yes. I wouldn't be happy thinking bad of people, though, and that's just me. When I was a kid and used to watch TV soapies, I'd always feel bad for the nasty character when their life inevitably turned bad. If that makes me a scary, crazy lunatic, then that's what I am. If people don't like it, that's fine :) If people want to tear strips off me for seeing the world through rose coloured glasses, that's their prerogative, too. Just don't expect me to change :)

M-Dolla Philosophy: Don't hate. Get yours, bitchez! :thumbsup:

And I mean that with the utmost seriousness. How long does it take her fans to realize this has been Madonna's mode of operation from the start? Find out the way shit works, for better or worse, and deal with it to its best advantage. She would only encourage her fans to do the same. At the end of the day, she'll get the bad publicity and negative reaction from this, just like everything else she's ever done first... but the act, itself, won't be as bad as everyone made it out to be.

[ end cheesy assessment ] :lol:

Another way to look at it............She is now going to be making even more money off this tour which could lead to a more kick ass over the top stage show production. :demonic:

And all you bitches that are acting all angry know that your asses are going to be on the floor screaming your queeny asses off and throwing your panties on stage at her no matter what. :tongue::tongue::tongue:

Observation -

We all complain about the media being ageist and so on, yet as soon as Madonna pisses us off, we use her age against her. Just found it interesting how many posts there are using her age as a negative as I skimmed this thread.

BTW - I see the world through rose coloured glasses. I look for the best in every person I know and every person I deal with. Does that come back and bite me? Sometimes, yes. I wouldn't be happy thinking bad of people, though, and that's just me. When I was a kid and used to watch TV soapies, I'd always feel bad for the nasty character when their life inevitably turned bad. If that makes me a scary, crazy lunatic, then that's what I am. If people don't like it, that's fine :) If people want to tear strips off me for seeing the world through rose coloured glasses, that's their prerogative, too. Just don't expect me to change :)

:dramatic::dramatic::lmao::lmao::doh:

Oh..Carta :dramatic:

22595076.jpg

Oh..Carta :dramatic:

22595076.jpg

I'm not being dramatic, though! I'm just being honest.

I'd rather be a bleeding heart than a cynic who always sees the worst in everything. I'm not saying that that's what you are, but I really don't see why I should be made to feel crazy for feeling the way I do. Is this what the world has come to?

Next time, I won't bother being open and honest. Now *that's* being dramatic :dramatic:;)

Everyone is entitled to look at this situation in their own way, naturally.

Doesn't change the fact that *I* see her as a cold-hearted, money hungry BITCH right now though. :fag:

Guest bedtimestorynyc

she IS a cold-hearted and money hungry bitch

has always been!!!!!!!:

material-thumb.jpg

and will always be!!!!!!!:

news_mdolla.jpg

Guest bulgar
HARD CANDY: THE STICKY AND SWEET TOUR EDITION with new tracklising:

1. Credit Shop

2. 4 Minutes (To Steal Your Wallet)

3. Give Ur CASH 2 Me

4. HeartAttack

5. Dollars Away

6. She's Not Rich

7. Insufferable

8. Debt Goes On (feat. 50,000,000 Cent)

9. Die 2Night

10. Finance Lesson

11. Devil Wouldn't Rob You Like This

12. Choices

13. BONUS TRACK: Pay My Bill

Available this August for US$450. Comes with free photo of the Queen of Pop flipping you the bird.

:lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao:

Everyone is entitled to look at this situation in their own way, naturally.

Doesn't change the fact that *I* see her as a cold-hearted, money hungry BITCH right now though. :fag:

That's exactly right! No one's tearing strips off you for feeling that way, though, are they? :) Member #1 - the voice of reason :thumbsup:

1. Credit Shop

3. Give Ur CASH 2 Me

4. HeartAttack

5. Dollars Away

6. She's Not Rich

7. Insufferable

9. Die 2Night

10. Finance Lesson

12. Choices

Available this August for US$450. Comes with free photo of the Queen of Pop flipping you the bird.

Classic Svperstar, :lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao: so I am guessing this is the tracklist for Greedy Old Cunt right? :lmao:

Guest missy bi_tch

if people feel strongly opposed to this, they should nt go to her shows......

she does work hard to put on so many concerts

not everyone has the endurance or stamina

she IS a cold-hearted and money hungry bitch

has always been!!!!!!!:

material-thumb.jpg

and will always be!!!!!!!:

news_mdolla.jpg

You are absolutely correct! It's just that right now it's being thrown in our faces once again. Remember how it was OUTRAGEOUS to pay $50 for a BOOK of her sexual fantasies? Or how greedy she was for charging $250-$300 for her first tour in 8 years AND the bitch ONLY sang 2 oldies and acted as if the show would've went on the same had the crowd been sitting there or not....I can't tell you how many people I heard bitching about that leaving the DWT. I don't for one second believe Madonna's ONLY goal is to make money. It's A BIG GOAL for her....no doubt. But I truly believe she does have artistic integrity and I still believe she's touring because she's trying to convey whatever messages it is that she's trying to spread right now and she genuinely loves performing her work and getting those messages across and just having fun on stage being "MADONNA the performer". But anybody coming in here thinking Madonna's number one priority is her fans is in for a rude awakening....it's NEVER been that way. Madonna's number one cause has always been what will benefit Madonna the best, ESPECIALLY in her business decisions. It's just been in recent years we get "thank you's" in speeches and things. It was not uncommon for her to tell people to "fuck off and get a life" that would address her presence in the streets over the years. It's odd all the reasons she pisses me off at times are REALLY all the reasons I love her at the same time. And Carta I totally get where you are coming from when you said you try to look for the best in every person/situation in your post, I think more people in the world should do the same, it would be a better place. Blind idealism? Sometimes maybe....but it's better than refusing to see any good or refusing to see the other persons point of view because of your own cynicism.

I swear when this era is done this WILL go down as one of the (if not the) most dramatic in history for us fans....lol :dramatic:

It's just been one thing after another!! Hopefully we'll all be getting our great seats we want at face value prices and shaking our asses together at some of these shows, watching our queen grace the stage with her best show yet!! :)

Guest iMisto

I love it.

People go crazy 'cause Madge be work'n yo wallets.

Margaret Cho said it best: America doesn't like when women are successful and NOT nice about it!

1. Credit Shop

3. Give Ur CASH 2 Me

4. HeartAttack

5. Dollars Away

6. She's Not Rich

7. Insufferable

9. Die 2Night

10. Finance Lesson

12. Choices

:chuckle: