Madonna Reinvents Herself As a Ticket-Scalping Profiteer

Camacho

Its not like EBAY, those are all SCALPERS selling, Nobody is selling Madonna tiks on Ebay right now.

Um...yes, a ticket broker *is* a scalper. Before you were claiming that Stubhub were receiving the tickets directly from Madonna herself, but now that I've provided info showing that this is highly unlikely, you're focusing on the scalper issue. The people getting those tickets are getting them from somewhere, but no one knows where! The point is that Madonna is not providing them to Stubhub (unless she's decided to sell them to the individual scalpers themselves) and they're the ones she has the deal with.

People with money who have no intention of reloading Ticketmaster.com a million times hoping for specific seats will buy from StubHub. You people are unfairly judging the wealthy!

Um...yes, a ticket broker *is* a scalper. Before you were claiming that Stubhub were receiving the tickets directly from Madonna herself, but now that I've provided info showing that this is highly unlikely, you're focusing on the scalper issue. The people getting those tickets are getting them from somewhere, but no one knows where! The point is that Madonna is not providing them to Stubhub (unless she's decided to sell them to the individual scalpers themselves) and they're the ones she has the deal with.

I never SAID THAT, if you believe StubHub is a legit agency your fooling yourself. Its a scalper agency, selling tickets from scalpers and since Madonna has a signed deal with them, her company couls very well have provided them with tickets, its common sense to any thinking person!

Its not like EBAY, those are all SCALPERS selling, Nobody is selling Madonna tiks on Ebay right now.

These are probably the usual ticketbrokers that will now list their tickets with Stubhub because they know that people will now go to Stubhub since they are the official reseller of Madonna tickets. If they are getting their tickets ahead, then your issue should be with Ticketmaster, not Stubhub. There has always been suspicion that Ticketmaster has some secret deals with these ticketbrokers and that's why they get tickets ahead of everyone else and they are able to return unsold tickets to Ticketmaster to sell to the general public.

I never SAID THAT, if you believe StubHub is a legit agency your fooling yourself. Its a scalper agency, selling tickets from scalpers and since Madonna has a signed deal with them, her company couls very well have provided them with tickets, its common sense to any thinking person!

OK, that's fine. Clearly we have different ways of viewing things. I choose to believe that Stubhub is a legitimate company, you choose to believe that it's not. I'm certainly not going to resort to suggesting that you're a fool or lacking in common sense just because we have differing opinions, though.

Personally I feel it's the principle of the matter. Sure there may not be a way to avoid scalpers but it's not like she needs the money. The fact she's made a deal to profit from them seems unethical to me.

But is bitch providing them with tickets or is she only going to profit from the tickets that they get on their own? That I think makes all the difference. And judging by all the questions being asked in this thread, we seem to know jackshit yet about any of this.

Well, if she gets a share in their profits, she has to give (or rather sell) them something in return, doesn't she? It seems obvious it's the ticets - what else would it be? But I don't think anyone will ever reveal that - details of the deal are confidential.

And it's not the same as selling the tickets firsthand at these prices. If the scalpers do not sell the tickets they lose their money, but M gets theirs. If they manage to sell them she gets her money plus extra profit.

She should give up that cheap talk about values in life, If she's got only money on her mind.

Guest AntiVirgin

Let me do a Queen Bitch here

BLOODY SCALPING KABALLAH DINOSAUR PLASTIC SURGERY-ED TOURING GRANNY

I still have the ticket stub for DW and it says 90.50$ !! Will cherish the thought...da daa da daa

And to think the USA is under recession now :wacko:

Guest AntiVirgin
She should give up that cheap talk about values in life, If she's got only money on her mind.

:lmao:

Like anyone listens to madonna and suddenly see divine light taking them to a righteous path of glory :crazy:

The marketplace will take care of her. If the majority of tickets are getting scalped off, she can expect to see blocks of empty seats and front rows of bored old people at her shows, especially since the MADONNA EXPERIENCE has become so ubiquitous at this point.

DISGUSTING :zombie:

It's common knowledge she's not the most fan-friendly artist and just wants to make $$ (just so that she can change the world :chuckle: )

- but this contract is pushing it too far.

I hope it will blow up in her face

This part of the industry is hugely lucrative and not going away. It is LEGAL. Why shouldn't she and every single other artist they profit from not get a cut.

I really don't get the negative slant.

Nothing will change, it just means she will get a cut of the profits from ticket sales to HER shows. Makes perfect sense to me.

Starhub even says the tradeoff is the promotion...the links in her press, on her website. Its the availability and the legitimacy of her name and brand. That's the tradeoff.

This is how the real world works people. It's called product.

Well I guess you're right. We all expected Madonna to become the ultimate touring superbrand with this LiveNation deal and whore out her name to the highest bidder but didn't quite expect her to sink to these new lows. With these inane records and insane prices I hope she doesn't have delusions of artistry anymore. And to think I blamed Marrah for catering to the lowest common denominator.

The marketplace will take care of her. If the majority of tickets are getting scalped off, she can expect to see blocks of empty seats and front rows of bored old people at her shows, especially since the MADONNA EXPERIENCE has become so ubiquitous at this point.

This is not going to change the marketplace whatsoever. The only difference is that instead of the ticketbrokers making all the money, it will now be shared by the artist who actually works hard for the money and the tour promoter who actually risks capital to organize & promote the tour. If anyone is to blame, I think it's Ticketmaster cuz they are obviously in cahoots with ticketbrokers. How else are ticketbrokers able to get tickets way in advance. The tickets now available on Stubhub are probably from ticketholders who are now listing their tickets on Stubhub since they know that people would now go to Stubhub since they are the official reseller of Madonna tickets. So now, instead of keeping all the profits, they are forced to share the profits with the artist & the promoter. Now where did these ticketbrokers get their tickets? Ticketmaster. And what happens to unsold tickets? They return them to Ticketmaster who sells them back to the public. How else could blocks of tickets suddenly be available when an event has been sold out for months? Now as far as individuals taking advantage and buying up tickets in hopes of reselling them at a profit, I think a lot of people have learned from their experience with ebay that this is not always a wise decision. Remember that people jumped on this idea since Reinvetion hoping to turn a quick profit. Well, a lot of them got burned and had to sell tickets for a fraction of the price. So again, there is really a limited market for people who are willing to pay unreasonable prices for tickets. Unless it's for Miley Cyrus or the Super Bowl.

Look I don't know the finer points of this deal. I don't know WHERE Stubhub will get the tickets and if and how they will return them to Ticketmaster if they don't sell them. My problem is with the concept. In an era when Nine Inch Nails, Radiohead and the like are bypassing the corporate machine to get their output directly to fans, Madonna gets more ruthless and money hungry and goes into business with someone who is reviled by the concert going community for buying tickets in bulk and bleeding fans dry to make a quick buck. Where the fuck is her artistic integrity? Doesn't she have ANY respect for her fans whatsoever?

Look I don't know the finer points of this deal. I don't know WHERE Stubhub will get the tickets and if and how they will return them to Ticketmaster if they don't sell them. My problem is with the concept. In an era when Nine Inch Nails, Radiohead and the like are bypassing the corporate machine to get their output directly to fans, Madonna gets more ruthless and money hungry and goes into business with someone who is reviled by the concert going community for buying tickets in bulk and bleeding fans dry to make a quick buck. Where the fuck is her artistic integrity? Doesn't she have ANY respect for her fans whatsoever?

But that's just it. It doesn't really affect the fans. It's for people who are willing to pay these sums of money instead of dealing with Ticketmaster. Again there's a very limited market for this as far as Madonna tickets are concerned. We already know that people selling on ebay and even ticketbrokers themselves lost money when fans refused to pay above box office prices during Reinvention and Confessions. If Madonna and Live Nation wanted to just bleed her fans, they would have just simply raised ticket prices. Then all her fans would have to pay more. But they themselves know that there is a limit to what even her most ardent fans are willing to pay. The secondary market for Madonna tickets is very small and mostly involves very rich individuals and corporations. The whole point is these people would rather pay more than go through the hassle of buying from Ticketmaster. And I would rather Madonna profit from these rich individuals and corporations than some unknown ticketbroker. As far as Stubhub is concerned, they themselves are not the sellers of the tickets. They are only the middleman between the seller and the buyer and they get a commission from every sale and this commission will be shared by Stubhub, Madonna & Live Nation. Now who are the sellers? They could be ticketbrokers, individuals who bought extra tickets hoping to make a profit, individuals who are unable to go to the show and want to resell their tickets, or anyone for whatever reason has extra tickets to sell.

Well as I said I'm not in the concert ticket business and unless YOU are you don't know who or how will be buying the scalped tickets. As I said, the principle of going to bed with a scalper to score even MORE $$$ annoys me. I find it cheap and slimy. I don't think I can make it any clearer.

Guest Coked Up Baby Boy
someone should contact madonna.com and live nation to clear this shit up for us

I'm sure they'll charge a fee for any information they are willing to give out.

I'm sure they'll charge a fee for any information they are willing to give out.

Hahahaha. Remember when Prince wanted to charge a fee for people looking at his pics on the internet? Maybe Madonna can charge a fee for thinking about her. Like now I'm talking about her and soon a bill will be in the mail for me.

Guest Coked Up Baby Boy

Soon she'll want to be known as 'The Symbol'...................the symbol will be a dollar sign.