Madonna Reinvents Herself As a Ticket-Scalping Profiteer

Camacho

somebody need to put madonna in a damn basement or suitcase whatever that frank hoe was in

:lol:

Miss Vanity never fails to amuse me.

xx

Guest Topaz Scorpio
In a despicable move likely to disappoint even the crazy fans who didn't hate American Life, Madonna has signed an endorsement deal with StubHub that will make her the first musician to earn a profit on scalped tickets to her concerts. The 49-year-old pop star will reportedly be paid a flat fee, plus a percentage of sales of all tickets purchased by fans who were unable to get them through Ticketmaster (because they were all bought by scalpers planning to sell them online at an exorbitant markup through StubHub). "It's the future of the ticketing business," claims StubHub head of business development Chuck La Vallee — and he's probably right, at least until Madonna, the Rolling Stones, and the other dinosaurs who've been keeping the touring industry afloat this past decade keel over from old age. Anyway, if you've been looking for an excuse not to pay $700 for a balcony seat at one of the shows on her upcoming Sticky and Sweet Tour, we think this is a pretty great one.

9f778073b2307f28c53ee1ee272e4c48.jpg

Guest boytoyville

I think it's genius! GREAT buisness move. If you don't want to pay to see her than don't! OTHERS WILL! If the demand is there she can afford to loss of few pissy fans. Save up some more or just get a seat that is 200 dollars or even 55! NO ONE IS MAKING YOU BUY FRONT ROW TICKETS! Enter a fan contest or join ICON! These same "hardcore" fans that are bitching probably don't even have ICON access which gives her fans GREAT CHANCES OF GETTING GREAT TIX! GET OVER IT!

Im not up on all this scalping stuff. So StubHub could pretty much buy up every ticket and then charge crazy prices? But couldnt they do this anyway to begin with with any concert? They only difference being that Madonna gets a cut of it now?

I think it's genius! GREAT buisness move. If you don't want to pay to see her than don't! OTHERS WILL! If the demand is there she can afford to loss of few pissy fans. Save up some more or just get a seat that is 200 dollars or even 55! NO ONE IS MAKING YOU BUY FRONT ROW TICKETS! Enter a fan contest or join ICON! These same "hardcore" fans that are bitching probably don't even have ICON access which gives her fans GREAT CHANCES OF GETTING GREAT TIX! GET OVER IT!

yeah smartass, the issue is that even the $55 are not $55. I have the money to spend, it's just retarded to pay someone $2000 for a seat that is valued at 4 times less that.

The tickets on stubhub start at around $900 for a decent seat and up to $7,500 for Lodge Seating Area. Be my guest and be a sucker. Only suckers would pay that money.

Im not up on all this scalping stuff. So StubHub could pretty much buy up every ticket and then charge crazy prices? But couldnt they do this anyway to begin with with any concert? They only difference being that Madonna gets a cut of it now?

The difference is that this time Madonna is giving them access to the best seats, before they had to find other ways of getting them. Before they got some good seats, this time they might get most of them :confused:

2000 dollars!! :lmao:

This must be such a sad joke. It *has* to.

Bullshit. All you're saying is that we can get our tickets elsewhere. Of course we can. I knew people were gonna spin this into something like "well she should be making the money off of them anyway!" No. Basically she's saying that if people are gonna make profits out of selling her tickets at a higher price to desperate fans, then she's game for joining forces with them. Stupid and crazy.

I dont know about anyone here but if I'm able to get a Lodge seat for $354 on pre-sale. I'd really tempted to re-sell on Stubhub for $7,500 and take a 1 week vacation to London with the money.

Shes encouraging alot of crooked shit.

I dont know about anyone here but if I'm able to get a Lodge seat for $354 on pre-sale. I'd really tempted to re-sell on Stubhub for $7,500 and take a 1 week vacation to London with the money.

Shes encouraging alot of crooked shit.

shit, that sounds like a great idea!!

The tickets on stubhub start at around $900 for a decent seat and up to $7,500 for Lodge Seating Area. Be my guest and be a sucker. Only suckers would pay that money.

Suckers? More like the old queens and pompous rich people. Madonna has a lot of older gay fans that have a lot of disposable income. They don't have to pay for kids, so that money can go to Madonna. The young fags can be in the back and the older ones that can pay thousands for a ticket will be in the front :confused:

who the fuck is paying 3.250.00 to her? she really was NOT kidding when she got that M-Dolla ring... She is basically supporting scalpers to rip people off. :bruised: indeed this is just a greedy move. I ADORE her music but this is just too much. She doesn't need that much money at all folks.

The difference is that this time Madonna is giving them access to the best seats, before they had to find other ways of getting them. Before they got some good seats, this time they might get most of them :confused:

I dont know. All this seems kind of dirty even for a business minded woman like Madonna. I think we need more info to come out before we jump to conclusions though. If the uproar grows loud enough then maybe Madonna herself will be forced to speak. I would like to know her logic behind this. One thing is for sure. I refuse to pay more then what the normal price for floor seats would be on ticketmaster. Doesnt she know how shit our economy is right now? :lol:

Suckers? More like the old queens and pompous rich people. Madonna has a lot of older gay fans that have a lot of disposable income. They don't have to pay for kids, so that money can go to Madonna. The young fags can be in the back and the older ones that can pay thousands for a ticket will be in the front :confused:

HeHe, maybe they'll get a free Hard Candy Lollipop to suck in their seats before the show. :lol:

HeHe, maybe they'll get a free Hard Candy Lollipop to suck in their seats before the show. :lol:

Id better get her husband with his pants down around his ankles and his lollipop to suck on in the front row for that cash.

Guest Coked Up Baby Boy
. If the uproar grows loud enough then maybe Madonna herself will be forced to speak.

I'm sure she'll blame it on her kids......or her cousin.

The worst part of all this is that I have a feeling the tickets will sell at those prices. The demand is there. Once they get used to those prices they are not going to lower them. Later on those will be the normal ticketmaster prices.

The worst part of all this is that I have a feeling the tickets will sell at those prices. The demand is there. Once they get used to those prices they are not going to lower them. Later on those will be the normal ticketmaster prices.

She is going to have alot of empty seats if this is whats in store on a large scale.

She is going to have alot of empty seats if this is whats in store on a large scale.

Maybe, this scalping deal is probably a litmus test to see how much they can get away with. I don't think there will be empty seats, the type of people in those seats will just change.

Roseland sold for more than $1,000 a ticket on some scalper sites

Well there has always been scalper sites. Always will be, but I want to know is, if Madonna made this deal with stubhub but is just letting things go on as business as usual, or like people have said, is she personally giving them tickets on her own, cause that would be a different story. I could careless if she went to them and said, hey, you are going to scalp my tickets anyway no matter what, I just want a peice of the pie on the ones you manage to get and sell, or if she is personally handing them tickets without them having to go through the proper channels like ticketmaster to get them and letting them jack up the price.

WTF?

This is really low. This whole tour is turning out to be really lame.

Seriously GREAT WORK Madonna.

What makes it sad is people defending her and saying what a great business woman she is.