Madonna Reinvents Herself As a Ticket-Scalping Profiteer

Camacho

Nah it might be a good business move on the monetary angle of things, but I think that's about it. The woman has enough money. She's basically endorsing the ripping off of her own fans who already have to pay $400 for good seats. It's a tacky and megalomaniacal move. She might get away with it this time, but when the legs close and the music slows down, it might be a different story. Personally I think it's a pretty ridiculous and bitchy thing to do. You can only be so aloof to the people who support you and buy your music. When you start making money off the guys who rip off desperate fans who want to see you... that just sounds like a greedy old bitch to me.

This whole tour looks like a MESS.

Not a single ARENA show in Europe, only big stadiums and her shows ARE NOT FOR STADIUMS if you are not in the first rows you really can't see shit.

BITCH, it's really ALL about the money.

Guest Coked Up Baby Boy

It's a good move for her in the sense that she will get money, but it's fucking LOW taking cash from fans that are already getting ripped off for tickets. How much fucking money does she need? it looks bad.

It's a good move for her in the sense that she will get money, but it's fucking LOW taking cash from fans that are already getting ripped off for tickets. How much fucking money does she need? it looks bad.

She wants to outgross The Confessions Tour so she can change the world and then tour in Egypt, China and United Arab Emirates.

That is what she stands for didn't you know? :vanitybonet:

Or maybe she just wants to break the 194m record.

Maybe if those tiks dont sell on stubhub they will lower those insane prices. Maybe they want to see what they can get away with, Madonna too.

Surely the point is that there is a bit more security over scalped tickets? At least they are recorded and governed in some way. If you disagree with it, dont buy the tickets. Find a good ticket another way. It might not even be a decision of Madonnas to do this...don't forget this is her first tour where she is COMPLETELY under Live nation AND Live artist.

I suppose you have a point there. I really want to hear more details about this because it just sounds so tacky on paper. I mean Stubhub is basically Scalphub. It would be the same for any artist. Making money off scalpers just sounds stupid and slimey. If I buy the tickets I want to buy them standard price from Ticketmaster. I mean the entire reason people have trouble finding great seats on Ticketmaster (and I know firsthand how tough it is) is because of this kind of thing. For Madonna to make a buck off of it is just lame.

Guest Coked Up Baby Boy

I doubt this is all some super sweet way that Madonna is trying to LOWER prices for fans. She should just avoid the scalping thing all together.

Maybe if those tiks dont sell on stubhub they will lower those insane prices. Maybe they want to see what they can get away with, Madonna too.

Maybe its a litmus test! For her next tour the first 3 rows will be $5,000, 4th row $4,000... etc. They can use the scalping experience to figure out how much people are willing to pay :confused: If they figure out that the demand is there, they will be charging 1000's for the first few rows.

the thing is that people hike up the prices. If this was a fair face-value swap of tickets, maybe with a small fee or something, then it would be cool. But as it is, it's really fucked up. Hopefully I can get my tickets fairly through ticketmaster.

Nah it might be a good business move on the monetary angle of things, but I think that's about it. The woman has enough money. She's basically endorsing the ripping off of her own fans who already have to pay $400 for good seats. It's a tacky and megalomaniacal move. She might get away with it this time, but when the legs close and the music slows down, it might be a different story. Personally I think it's a pretty ridiculous and bitchy thing to do. You can only be so aloof to the people who support you and buy your music. When you start making money off the guys who rip off desperate fans who want to see you... that just sounds like a greedy old bitch to me.

:thumbsup:

If this is all true, and theres no good explanation for it, then its really sad what she's become. Just a money-making machine :thumbsdown: And this is just the start of this deal. This decade will turn her from artist to factory. Just putting out more albums to go on tour and make more and more moula!

The only way to shut this down is to NOT use it. So, it's easy people. Don't buy your tickets through there. Simple. There is no way I buy from there unless the price is face-value. Why should these people make a profit off Madonna??? fuck that.

Edited by Sam

:manson: I cannot believe what I am reading. If she honestly goes through with this then she can kiss my hardcore fan card goodbye, I refuse to shell out unfair prices to see her show through licensed scalpers and would hope that many of her other fans would follow suit. Half of us practically go into debt as it is to get the opportunity to see her live once in our lifetimes, the fact that she can be so unbelievably cold-blooded to the same people who kept her ontop for 25 years is appalling and outrageous.

Fuck her, fuck her tour. This era is over for me.

See the NYC show tickets there, http://www.stubhub.com/madonna-tickets/mad...-7-2008-636250/

Those are the seats with the best views. Look at the prices. Sorry but I would rather book a vacation to London than buy a concert ticket.

Shes also encouraging other bands/singers to do this as well.

I thought ticketmaster was evil. wow was i wrong.

Fuck her, fuck her tour. This era is over for me.

Don't be so severe. This could very well be fake or exagerated especullation.

See the NYC show tickets there, http://www.stubhub.com/madonna-tickets/mad...-7-2008-636250/

Those are the seats with the best views. Look at the prices.

Oh.

The only way to shut this down is to NOT use it. So, it's easy people. Don't buy your tickets through there. Simple. There is no way I buy from there unless the price is face-value. Why should these people make a profit off Madonna??? fuck that.

That sounds good, but its not going to happen. There are a lot of rich people that will pay those prices. The demand is there, so the prices will keep going up. The main problem with scalping is that now Madonna is going to figure out how much she can get away with. If she charges thousands for the first 10 rows we know they would sellout. I have a feeling this is going to happened during Madonna's next tour.

Row 1: $8,000

Row 2: $8,000

Row 3: $7,000

Row 4: $6,000

Row 5: $5,000

Row 6: $3,000

Row 7: $3,000

Row 8: $2,000

Row 9: $2,000

Row 10: $1,000

She can probably get away with charging that much right now.

Don't be so severe. This could very well be fake or exagerated especullation.

I'll gladly retract if this turns out to be false.

Until then, I stay pissed.

You know what the press and some fans are like:

MADONNA THE GREEDY BITCH CHARGETS INSANE PRICES. MADONNA STEALS FROM FANS. MADONNA USES PROFITS FROM GROSSLY OVERPRICED TOUR TO SET UP KABBALAH LAND. MADONNA CANT GET ENOUGH MONEY. MADONNA STEALING FROM PEOPLE WHO WILLINGLY PAY FOR TICKETS TO HER TOUR (AND THEN LOVE THE EXPERIENCE) AND BUYING DIAMOND AND PLATINUM CANE!!! MADONNA THE WHORE!!! JEEZ LOOK AT HER HANDS SHE SHOULD STEAL SOME MONEY AND GET HAND SURGERY THEN WE CAN CRITICISE HER FOR THAT TOO!!!

etc etc

Of course. But I see no reason for the fucking WALL STREET JOURNAL to run an outrageous story like this unless there was truth to it. The scope of the idea is just stupid and shitty no matter how its spinned. It's shocking really. We'll see.

This is def the first time that a madonna "business" deal really gets to me. I don't mind her getting rich. I don't mind paying $350 for a floor seat. But I do mind having some random fuck deciding that the $350 seat is now $2000. No freakin way. Fuck that!

Of course. But I see no reason for the fucking WALL STREET JOURNAL to run an outrageous story like this unless there was truth to it. The scope of the idea is just stupid and shitty no matter how its spinned. It's shocking really. We'll see.

Its on her official site::

http://www.madonna.com/news/

www.stubhub.com: StubHub is the official fan-to-fan ticket marketplace for Madonna's North American Tour 2008.* StubHub is the world's largest ticket marketplace enabling fans to buy and sell tickets to a vast selection of nearly 30,000 sports, concert theatres and other live entertainment events. StubHub reinvented the ticket resale market in 2000 and continues to lead through innovation. The company's unique online marketplace, dedicated solely to tickets, provides all fans the choice to buy or sell their tickets in a safe, convenient and highly reliable environment. All transactions are processed and delivered via StubHub's patent-pending Fan Network (SM ticket delivery service, supported by seven-day toll free customer service at 1-866-STUBHUB and backed by an industry-first Fan Protect Guarantee. *Applicable for Sticky & Sweet shows in Canada & the U.S. (excluding Mexico)

Its on her official site::

http://www.madonna.com/news/

www.stubhub.com: StubHub is the official fan-to-fan ticket marketplace for Madonna's North American Tour 2008.* StubHub is the world's largest ticket marketplace enabling fans to buy and sell tickets to a vast selection of nearly 30,000 sports, concert theatres and other live entertainment events. StubHub reinvented the ticket resale market in 2000 and continues to lead through innovation. The company's unique online marketplace, dedicated solely to tickets, provides all fans the choice to buy or sell their tickets in a safe, convenient and highly reliable environment. All transactions are processed and delivered via StubHub's patent-pending Fan Network (SM ticket delivery service, supported by seven-day toll free customer service at 1-866-STUBHUB and backed by an industry-first Fan Protect Guarantee. *Applicable for Sticky & Sweet shows in Canada & the U.S. (excluding Mexico)

icon8.gif

Yuck. She's out of her mind.

Guest bedtimestorynyc

just speculating:

1. we SHOULD get more details on this. i still find it hard to believe M would endorse scalping. then why the fuck put ticket price at the face value at all??? why not charge those exuberant amounts already, without going through trouble of putting it on regular face value sale? smth sounds fishy here! plus does she REALLY........ REALLY think she'll sell a lot of tickets like that (through scalpers)????? i find it hard to believe, she EXPECTS this to be a very SUCCESSFUL exercise :confused: Maybe this is just a measure to make money off of stupid people who are non-fans and don't bother hustling with ticketmaster to find good seats :confused:

2. she needs to justify this deal with livenation, the 120m deal sounds too good to be "clean", i was pretty sure it came with a lot of strings attached. this might be something imposed ON her (remember $$$ trumps the name - she may have no say in this)

anyway, i'm already trying to assess my financial situation and STILL debating if i should get the ticket at all, being i have some debt to pay :( but i tell you right now even if i decide i'm going to see her, i'm definitely NOT paying more than the face value of the price. i simply can't afford it. i've seen her live quite a few times. maybe this is something may end up passing on after all - we'll see!

Those are the seats with the best views. Look at the prices. Sorry but I would rather book a vacation to London than buy a concert ticket.

If those tickets sell, those are probably going to be the ticketmaster prices for her next tour.