Madonna ignores her Aussie legions

Camacho

She was talking about South Africa Tiger :p

No idea if what she said is true, but oddly enough Vanity is usually onto this sort of thing

I really don't think so. Both Hung Up and Sorry hit #1 in South Africa.. And Hard Candy too...

I just don't get it at all; it's really bizarre. EVERYONE else comes here, why can't Madonna? Just in the past year or so here in Sydney, I've been to concerts by Justin Timberlake Christina Aguilera, Pink, Gwen Stefani, U2, Kylie Minogue, Bjork, Beyonce, Celine, kd lang - tomorrow night I'm seeing Elton John - and these are just SOME of the big acts who've come here recently. And yet Madonna can't come, even though it's been 15 years since her last (and only) visit!!! And to make it worse, she's promised to come so many times!!! What is wrong with her?!?! It's not like she won't make millions of $$$ from touring Australia - if it wasn't a profitable market, why would everyone else come here?!? It's just weird. The media here are now reporting that she's definitely not coming to Australia for 'Sticky and Sweet' - apparently Liz Rosenberg has confirmed. And to the fans saying "Aussies should just jump on a plane" - the airfares alone cost thousands of dollars! Then there's accommodation and food, and of course the tickets themselves. Not everyone has a spare $10,000 and the time to go to the other side of the planet for a concert! And for those of us who can - why should we have to anyway? Like I said, everyone else manages to tour here.

I would really love to know what Madonna's problem with Australia is - clearly, she's had some bad experience here in 1993 or hates Australians or something.

Live Nation response about Madonna tour in Japan and Australia.

Our reader Joseph from Sidney contacted Live Nation about Madonna's Sticky & Sweet Tour in Japan or Australia.

Here is the response from Live Nation:

"Hello Joseph, and thank you for your enquiry.

Unfortunately, there is no plan for her to play either Japan or Australia this time out. The tour schedule is Europe and North America, and has been set."

From drownedmadonna.

Live Nation response about Madonna tour in Japan and Australia.

Our reader Joseph from Sidney contacted Live Nation about Madonna's Sticky & Sweet Tour in Japan or Australia.

Here is the response from Live Nation:

"Hello Joseph, and thank you for your enquiry.

Unfortunately, there is no plan for her to play either Japan or Australia this time out. The tour schedule is Europe and North America, and has been set."

From drownedmadonna.

Does that mean Mexico/Sth America has been scrapped too? They make no mention of it anymore on the Livenation site.

Sucks for aussies, but maybe Madonna just doesn't want to go there.

Get over t.

You get over it; Madonna has consistently promised to tour Australia, and she keeps breaking her promises. SHE is the one who gets fans' hopes up here by saying each time she will come, and then when tourdates are announced, we're not on it. This happens with all her tours; it's happened with every tour except The Girlie Show. You're right, maybe Madonna just doesn't wanna come here. So then, why does she keep lying?!? That's what pisses me off.

You get over it; Madonna has consistently promised to tour Australia, and she keeps breaking her promises. SHE is the one who gets fans' hopes up here by saying each time she will come, and then when tourdates are announced, we're not on it. This happens with all her tours; it's happened with every tour except The Girlie Show. You're right, maybe Madonna just doesn't wanna come here. So then, why does she keep lying?!? That's what pisses me off.

I get it about confessions, but did she actually say she was touring Austrailia this time?

I get it about confessions, but did she actually say she was touring Austrailia this time?

She did quite a few Australian interviews for Hard Candy and in all of them she either hinted or said straight-out that she would come to Australia with her next tour. She even told the Herald-Sun, "It's the least I could do".

Guest Coked Up Baby Boy

I'm over the fact she isn't coming, flop Diva. But she needs to STOP talking about coming here "eventually", just shut the fuck up, you aren't coming bitch.

I'm over the fact she isn't coming, flop Diva. But she needs to STOP talking about coming here "eventually", just shut the fuck up, you aren't coming bitch.

I agree with that. I feel bad for you guys. :( and it does make it worse that she acts like she's going to...as recently as a month ago even she hinted she would be.

will there even be a pathetic excuse this time?

I'm sure there'll be an apology on madonna.com, saying she wanted to come but had to wash her vag or something.

exactly

shut the fuck up Madonna and insist on "no questions about touring australia" before the speaking to Australian media outlets for fuck's sake.

Why don't we all bombard Madonna's people and ask them does she really hates us?? Why exactly are we left out was it that bad here in 93 that you can NEVER come back?? Madonna needs to fess up and get real on this it's unfair on us fans.

I dont think Madonna hates a particular country may be the problem with the sponsors who would invite her.

Stop blaming others for Madonna not coming down. This is a woman who considered taking a tour to Israel you can't tell me it was sponsors who were urging her to do that?? And from what has come out in the press, Madonna and her people were offered millions of $$$ to perform shows here from promoters. It's a load of shit, Madonna doesn't want to come here I have no doubt that it's her decision ultimately.

Guest bluejean

It's been confirmed that it's because she can make more money doing more shows elsewhere. And yes, that is Madonna's choice.

Madonna was paid $1.5m per show in Australia back in 1993 (from which she had to pay her crew, dancers, band, manager etc. etc.). Given inflation over the past 15 years, to give her even close to the equivalent, they'd need to be offering her $3m per show to get her down here. I remember she copped a lot of flak for the amount of money she earned for her last tour, but people didn't consider the fact that she had a heap of bills to pay for the tour and all of her staff to pay.

Each concert grossed around $4 080 000. Take away Madonna's fee and you're left with around $2 580 000. Someone other than Madonna was making a lot of money on that tour, that's for sure!

Would any promoter be willing to offer Madonna at least $3m per show these days? Again, I don't know what her reason is for not coming down here, but it would be interesting to know. She really does need to let Live Nation know that Australia is an absolute must for her next tour and that everything else should be planned around an Australia/Japan leg. She requested that this be investigated for the CT (and it was, according to Guy Oseary), but it didn't pan out. As I keep saying, she doesn't *owe* us a tour, but we really, really *deserve* one!!!

I wonder if petitions have any sway these days? I know it's too late for this tour, but back in 1993, when Michael Gudinski presented Madonna with a signature hand signed by thousands of Australian fans requesting a tour, that really had an impact on her. Digital petitions are worthless, but maybe an old fashioned handwritten one would mean something. It's a long shot, though, but even a long shot is better than no shot at all, right?

Guest northernlad
Would any promoter be willing to offer Madonna at least $3m per show these days? Again, I don't know what her reason is for not coming down here, but it would be interesting to know. She really does need to let Live Nation know that Australia is an absolute must for her next tour and that everything else should be planned around an Australia/Japan leg. She requested that this be investigated for the CT (and it was, according to Guy Oseary), but it didn't pan out. As I keep saying, she doesn't *owe* us a tour, but we really, really *deserve* one!!!

I think Live Nation just skipped you guys this time so they could have an insurance bank for her 2011 tour, in case all the stadiums this time result in sluggish sales the next. As for money, they'd probably do the same thing they did w/ U2, a handful of stadiums doing $5-6m a night. I found their boxscores on a fansite.

Sydney, Australia : November 10-11, 13, 2006 : Telstra Stadium : GROSS $18,538,724 : ATTENDANCE 206,568 : SHOWS 3 : SELLOUTS 3

Melbourne, Australia : November 18-19, 2006 : Telstra Dome : GROSS $11,188,720 : ATTENDANCE 127,275 : SHOWS 2 : SELLOUTS 2

Adelaide, Australia : November 16, 2006 : AAMI Stadium : GROSS $5,058,962 : ATTENDANCE 60,000 : SHOWS 1 : SELLOUTS 1

Brisbane, Australia : November 7, 2006 : QSAC Stadium : GROSS $4,254,140 : ATTENDANCE 50,094 : SHOWS 1 : SELLOUTS 1

Auckland, New Zealand : November 24-25, 2006 : Ericsson Stadium : GROSS $6,216,819 : ATTENDANCE 84,475 : SHOWS 2 : SELLOUTS 2

I think its a poor decision, she should play different places.....her tour schedules have been basically the same mostly...

An Australian crowd would be awesome, as would a south american crwod, in fact, anywhere that hasnt seen her the last 3 tours would LAP it up....

When she did DWT look at the frenzy, first tour in 8 years etc...now its a bi yearly thing and she needs to diversify the itiniery

I also fear this tour wont have many sellouts

I await some peoples immediate labelling me a flop fan

I think its a poor decision, she should play different places.....her tour schedules have been basically the same mostly...

An Australian crowd would be awesome, as would a south american crwod, in fact, anywhere that hasnt seen her the last 3 tours would LAP it up....

When she did DWT look at the frenzy, first tour in 8 years etc...now its a bi yearly thing and she needs to diversify the itiniery

I also fear this tour wont have many sellouts

I await some peoples immediate labelling me a flop fan

I actually agree with you. How many times can she go to basically the same markets every 2 years and charge her prices and sell out "x" amount of nights in a row? Oh well....I guess this is why I don't work for her and someone else strategizes these things! May I just add that of all of her live concerts that have been committed to tape that the GS "Live Down Under" has the BEST fucking audience!! Although the Italians in Ciao Italia come a close second. I just don't get why she won't go back, obviously she has her reasons but damn M....they LOVE you to death down there. Show 'em some love girl!!! :)