Madonna ignores her Aussie legions

Camacho

The Mercury, Australia

Madonna ignores her Aussie legions

May 10, 2008 03:35am

MADONNA expects her Australian fans to spend thousands of dollars in airfares and concert tickets to see her perform overseas, as she again refused to tour Down Under.

She has ignored the loyalty of Aussies who propelled her new album Hard Candy and single 4Minutes to No.1 on the ARIA charts this week, with her representatives saying she will not be playing Australia on her Sticky & Sweet tour.

"The tour has been taken off the table," a source said yesterday.

All major Australian promoters were believed to be pitching for Madonna's first concerts here since her one-and-only tour in 1993.

It is believed her agents were offered millions of dollars for the Material Girl to play two stadium concerts in Sydney and Melbourne.

The Sticky & Sweet tour starts in Wales on August 23.

Guest Coked Up Baby Boy

If she doesn't come here with this tour, i can honestly say any interest in seeing her live will be gone. I've waited 10 years, and still the same stuff over and over again...........now it's just like "whatever Madonna".

Maybe next time she releases an album i won't bother showing my support as a fan by buying the thing, doesn't seem like she cares about giving back to her Aussie fans anyway.

I promise you when I go see her I will carry a huge banner that says: TOUR AUSTRALIA YOU LAZY BITCH.

And I'll make sure she reads it.

:lol: thank you Abraham.

no problem hot cheeks (and Im not talkin about your face cheeks).

I thought FURTHER DATES TO BE ADDED

I still have a feeling this tour will be spilt up to after Xmas where she may do OZ

I relaly hope she does, the atmospgere will be electric

Shes a bitch if not

im sure she wont skip Japan and Australia!

Here's what she said last time:

Madonna.com posted this message to fans in Australia on the 13th of July, 2006.

To my fans in Australia

Please forgive me. I really did hope and expect to come to Australia during the Confessions Tour and asked my managers to try to include some shows there. I have fond memories from previous tours. Unfortunately, the logistics just didn't work out this time around. We looked into going from Japan to Australia and ending the show there but I have to get my kids back into school in England and they are, as you can understand, my most important priority. The important thing to remember is that I'm not retiring anytime soon and I am gonna get to Australia as soon as I can. You remain in my heart and Thank you for your continued love & support.

Love, Madonna

meh, whatever

I have to get my kids back into school in England and they are, as you can understand, my most important priority.

So what happened now, Lola and Rocco are skipping school this year??? Lame excuse.

:chuckle:

I really hope she will go to Australia with this tour. I say, don't give up hope. The last time Japan (Prague and Moscow, too) was added very late. So maybe it's coming. And the current schedule is not even 3 month, I believe the tour will be much longer, because she wants to make more money than last time. Alone for that reason she should do at least Japan, because the ticket prices were the highest in Japan.

On the other hand, the release said she will tour South America and Mexico, so why is there no mentioning of Asia and Australia.

Madonna talked about having fond memories about Australia from previous Tours but she did Australia only once. :p

She wont be coming, tour promoters and ticket outlets had pages updated for CT as well so l hold very little hope considering there is no metion of Asia/Australia. She really can be a pain in the butt!

I don't understand why we are left out continuously. Every other performer tours here apart from Madonna are we that bad??? I'm glad I didn't buy HC even though I love it. Fans need to kick her in the ass for this download her shit don't buy it we will properly get another lame ass apology over it.

Guest Coked Up Baby Boy
I don't understand why we are left out continuously. Every other performer tours here apart from Madonna are we that bad??? I'm glad I didn't buy HC even though I love it. Fans need to kick her in the ass for this download her shit don't buy it we will properly get another lame ass apology over it.

I don't get it either, it has nothing to do with money, last time she was here she made a fucking killing with sales, it was the biggest tour here ever. If she doesn't come here for this tour, i won't be buying her next album, i'll only d/l it.

I'm not going to support her rich lifestyle by giving her my hard earned cash if all she's gonna do is take and take and not give anything back like a lazy selfish bitch.

Maybe with the way she's ripping off fans with this scalping mess, she might come down, it's been 14 years since she was here, she could make alot of money off her desperate fans in Australia who want tickets badly! Seems like that's all she's about.

Guest Topaz Scorpio

Aussies should just come and see her in the U.S. The dollar is basically worthless now. You should be able to get a great deal. :lol:

Guest boytoyville

It would be fustrating but come on. She can't go everywhere & she's always going to do what is best for buisness & try to accomadate the fans the best she can in the process. At least she is going to South America & Mexico this. I think that is pretty cool!