Why does M tour the Same ol countries over and over!

Live Nation has a formula they use to maximize a 3-month tour profit. And it's plain and simple - they're not going to move away from that. As much as it sucks, that's just how it is. And I dont know how much say madonna really has.

oh and human rights are not put into that formula, so c'mon everyone!

I am so sick of people saying that Madonna is nothing but a money grubbing whore, that she has no morals, no principles, that her smartest business decisions are motivated by pure greed, that her prime motivation for anything she does is the almighty $$$$$$$$$$$. Let's get real. The music business IS a business, the touring business IS a business. So of course, every artist wants to make money. But if Madonna's main objective is just to make money, she would have made herself, her music, her shows more accessible, more mainstream, more fan friendly and she hasn't. Her tours are a prime example of that. All she had to do was load her shows with all of her classic hits and I'm sure her shows would be 100x more popular and in demand and God help us all if any of us will be able to get tickets much less get good seats. An entire generation grew up with Madonna's 80's hits and they will flock to her concerts in droves if she were known to perform most of her classic hits at her shows. How many times have we read fan reactions such as, Oh, it was good but I wanted to hear Borderline, or she should have done more of her 80's stuff. She's the only artist who RISKS popularity of her shows by performing more new material than old. Let's see The Rolling Stones, Paul McCartney, U2 and all the big acts do this and risk selling out their tours. And yet, compared to these artists, Madonna is always the one who is considered the most "Material Girl". These other artists do practically the same show year after year, risk nothing, make truckloads of money and all they get is praise. But Madonna who risks doing mostly new material and reinvents her old material to sound new, limits her tours to only 4 months to be with her family is the money grubbing whore. She could easily make triple what she makes on tours if she made the shows more appealing to a generation of old school Madonna fans and if she toured longer. But she doesn't. Yes Madonna wants to make money. But that does not take priority over her family, her other artistic and humanitarian aspirations and even her artistic integrity. It's astonishing sometimes how her supposed most ardent fans think so little of her.

This thread is a mess indeed. Some people bringing the most ridiculous things up to prove what an evil greedy bitch she is. Their arguments are just as odd as these reports two years ago that she used the whole LTT glitter cross "scandal" to sell tickets for the CT, completely ignoring the fact that the tour was almost sold out when this "scandal" was uncovered.

Guest EmpireVogue

It's all depending on if you have a huge fanbase in those countries...

You wouldn't spend alot of money touring in that country when you have a smaller fanbase to other countries that have a huge amount of fans.

Edited by EmpireVogue

I am so sick of people saying that Madonna is nothing but a money grubbing whore, that she has no morals, no principles, that her smartest business decisions are motivated by pure greed, that her prime motivation for anything she does is the almighty $$$$$$$$$$$. Let's get real. The music business IS a business, the touring business IS a business. So of course, every artist wants to make money. But if Madonna's main objective is just to make money, she would have made herself, her music, her shows more accessible, more mainstream, more fan friendly and she hasn't. Her tours are a prime example of that. All she had to do was load her shows with all of her classic hits and I'm sure her shows would be 100x more popular and in demand and God help us all if any of us will be able to get tickets much less get good seats. An entire generation grew up with Madonna's 80's hits and they will flock to her concerts in droves if she were known to perform most of her classic hits at her shows. How many times have we read fan reactions such as, Oh, it was good but I wanted to hear Borderline, or she should have done more of her 80's stuff. She's the only artist who RISKS popularity of her shows by performing more new material than old. Let's see The Rolling Stones, Paul McCartney, U2 and all the big acts do this and risk selling out their tours. And yet, compared to these artists, Madonna is always the one who is considered the most "Material Girl". These other artists do practically the same show year after year, risk nothing, make truckloads of money and all they get is praise. But Madonna who risks doing mostly new material and reinvents her old material to sound new, limits her tours to only 4 months to be with her family is the money grubbing whore. She could easily make triple what she makes on tours if she made the shows more appealing to a generation of old school Madonna fans and if she toured longer. But she doesn't. Yes Madonna wants to make money. But that does not take priority over her family, her other artistic and humanitarian aspirations and even her artistic integrity. It's astonishing sometimes how her supposed most ardent fans think so little of her.

Love your post :thumbsup:

the whining people are a) old school Madonna fans who just enjoys her gay-disco stuff and 80's sound, b) people who aren't really Madonna fans but for some odd reason are spending their time on this forum.

I agree, I went too, Prague was FULL. The only tix you could buy were the odd 1 ticket sold in a local shop window! The crowd were crazy and M worked it!

Also the t-shirts and everything were half the price than in London. M wouldve knew about this before she travelled there, it didnt stop her.

The problem is that they released last minute tickets which were not sold (it was too late i guess, and most czechs though it was sold out as announced)....... i remember how people were lining up in the gas stations at midnight and tickets just were sold out in MINUTES. Nothing to do with economy (tickets were fucking expensive for czechs and for the typical concert but still people did not care)

From Drownedmadonna

Live Nation response about Madonna tour in Japan and Australia.

Category: Live Performances & Tours.

Our reader Joseph from Sidney contacted Live Nation about Madonna's Sticky & Sweet Tour in Japan or Australia.

Here is the response from Live Nation:

"Hello Joseph, and thank you for your enquiry.

Unfortunately, there is no plan for her to play either Japan or Australia this time out. The tour schedule is Europe and North America, and has been set."

Edited by fabian

:thumbsup:

Great post in an otherwise IDIOTIC thread.