Why does M tour the Same ol countries over and over!

It's all about the MONEY

I'm sure M wouldn't have a problem to play Sudan or Iran, if they paid her right ... she's not about morals, she's about money

end of story

Well, this might not be about morals. BUT in her view this is also about artistic integrity. And a lot of those countries named are known for censoring shows, because lyrics of songs or the way songs are presented on stage are against their moral values and in many cases against the law. Those countries do not have the level of freedom of speach or freedom of expression as most democracies. So I believe, if she is forced to change her show, her vision, she is NOT going there, no matter how much money they pay her (c´mon, as if she needs the money).

Guest br1t1shbo1
I didn't say that Madonna should do her research, I'm sure she knows about these conditions. I think for her to play in countries like Egypt where gays are being tortured and put in jail or women are stoned death and wear headscarves goes against everything she stands for.

Yes other Entertainers have played in Dubai like Elton, some people just care about $$$$ and nothing else.

so basically you're trying to say that madonna's fans around the world who would actually buy a ticket are gay?

you are so thick, "those" countries have traditions which is soemthing is at a forthcoming loss in places like UK, and USA where respect is being lost amoungst many people.

and it's not as if GAY people are all for in USA. In US people act and brush is over but deep down you think "gays" have respect from every individual.

i'm sure the USA president would stone a gay if he was given a choice, it' not as if christians are all for gays as well!

Well, this might not be about morals. BUT in her view this is also about artistic integrity. And a lot of those countries named are known for censoring shows, because lyrics of songs or the way songs are presented on stage are against their moral values and in many cases against the law. Those countries do not have the level of freedom of speach or freedom of expression as most democracies. So I believe, if she is forced to change her show, her vision, she is NOT going there, no matter how much money they pay her (c´mon, as if she needs the money).

That was my point from the start! spot-on!

some lame idiots on here just took the opportunity to bash without knowing even what I said though...

thanx for bringing it up again! :thumbsup:

Guest AntiVirgin

Good Lord ! She's a popstar, lets not equate her with Moses or something and make this a political thread.

I can speak for India, since I live here and over the years has been getting a good artists. Beyonce played last. The issue is really with the venues, we dont have a decent 10-20K seater indoor arenas with good acoutics and that deters most people, who prefer an indoor show.

The one or two venues usually used (Mumbai, Delhi, Bangalore) are outdoor venues and even these I am sure, cant handle the equipment needs for mega concerts. Even MJ, who played years back, had to scale down his production. So its mostly preferred by rock n rollers, who just come in their dowdy tees and rock with guitars (Aerosmith, Bryan Adams, Deep Purple etc). Its ofcourse getting better and who knows, there are tour promoters who are working hard. As for ticket prices, the max people payed was for MJ and the highest tix were like 5000 Rs, which was around 150$ way back !

SE Asians, Middle Eastern countries usually have restrictions on content, costumes etc. The Pet Shop Boys had issues with Singapore during the Discovery tour because the dancers wore thongs for instance. Bjork has issues with China recently on her tour. So many of these places, the artist needs to submit the tour setlist, videos shown etc and remove content the censors feel objectionable !

Don't give me that shit. There's no such thing as artistic integrity when we talk about the woman that is charging 2,000 dollars for 4th row tickets and working with the hottest producers to score a #1 in bloody US.

She used to have it but not in this era. IT'S ALL ABOUT THE MONEY.

Some guys here seriously need to wake up from the "Madonna cares about humans" delusion.

Guest boytoyville
Exactly Nothingfails!

Thats what I dont find facinating.

Where is Nashville? EL Paso? Minneopolis? or even Columbus , ohio?

These are huge cities. I would think she would like to get her music played and her name broadcasted.

She keeps doing the same ol cities in America

I know Minneapolis/Saint Paul! :dramatic:

Guest boytoyville
this topic is a hilarious mess :wacko:

All of the tour/hard candy topic threads are turning that way. :confused:

Who the hell says she's picking and choosing countries based on human rights violations!? If Beijing can net her $20 million like London did in 2006, believe me she flock her ass there in no time. This is a business, not a human rights tour.

glittercandy and zezwer.....

but Abraham set them straight. he read them both equally. :censored::

All of the tour/hard candy topic threads are turning that way. :confused:

Actually Boytoy:

I am just confounded by why M keeps doing the same countries and cities again and again.

I, as a fan, would love for her to cement her NAME and INCREASE HER STATUS AS THE QUEEN OF ROCK by expanding her tours to far away places.

I can see HUGE PUBLICITY and potentially a broader fan base which translates to more sales if she would just think outside AMERICA and EUROPE.

Of course most of you here would love to see M swarmed with fans in places like Egypt or India or China

China has over 1 billion and India has 1 billion and Egypt 70 million residents.

Why not go there and have your name PRONOUNCED and be a star.

QUOTE (Zezwer @ May 10 2008, 11:29 AM)

That was my point from the start! spot-on!

some lame idiots on here just took the opportunity to bash without knowing even what I said though...

thanx for bringing it up again!

Still an idiot :lol:

:larz:

Guest northernlad
Where is Nashville? EL Paso? Minneopolis? or even Columbus , ohio?

These are huge cities. I would think she would like to get her music played and her name broadcasted.

She keeps doing the same ol cities in America[/b]

In terms of cities & venues she hits, a lot of it has to do with who Live Nation is interconnected with. Some of the promotional companies that handle certain venues are exclusive to their leading competitor or, if indepedent, charge higher fees than the companies that are a part of their family or used to doing business with.

As for markets, let's be serious, Nashville & El Paso are small cities and could never handle 2 Madonna shows at her current ticket prices - Minneapolis & Columbus could, and I'm sure she'll hit them eventually, but Chicago is simply the most convenient. Of markets she hasn't yet hit, Columbus, Dallas, Minneapolis & Seattle are the only cities that could easily gross her $2 million+ a show for two nights, and then a couple of other markets that are served by cities she always hits (San Diego --> LA, Tampa/Orlando --> Miami).

Nashville/Memphis, El Paso/Albuquerque, Charlotte/Raleigh, Kansas City/St Louis, etc, are cities she could do 1 night in, but with her production costs that just isn't as profitable as doing two or three night stints in the same population center, it's as simple as that.

& considering she's actually doing Texas this time, I don't get why you're complaining, she hasn't played my neighborhood since '85

Egypt could afford an Madonna show. When Shakira performed there last year her tickets where: Egyptian Pounds 400 EGP, 750 EGP, 1000 EGP, 2000 EGP, 3000 EGP (United States Dollars $70.09 USD, $131.42 USD, $175.23 USD, $350.46 USD, $525.69 USD)

100,000 people where at the show. Spazz was at this show :)

Yeah I hope she comes here and can people stop bitching about the gay crimes in Egypt :thumbsdown:

I went to Charles Aznavour concert last january at the cairo opera house.

and a lot of stars perform here like Ricky Martin , Shakira, Enrique Iglesias etc all were successful shows.

glittercandy and zezwer.....

but Abraham set them straight. he read them both equally. :censored:

:

I never said that... I never said she chooses places to tour because of human rights...

I said she wants artistical freedom when she has a concert... she wouldn't want to censor her own shows...

I never said that... I never said she chooses places to tour because of human rights...

I said she wants artistical freedom when she has a concert... she wouldn't want to censor her own shows...

I never said that either.

Shes always touring the same ol joints

Usa, UK and France.

Expand your territories:

There are over 300 countries in the World!

Get your NAME OUT THERE!

Cuz she know she'd sell out in those countries. Remember there was one 3rd world eastern European country that resulted in TCT not being a sell out tour. :D

Guest Ruanrushedin
Your obviously not educated on alot of those countries you mentioned, your just throwing names around.

Cairo and South Africa have alot of inhumane things going on in regards to people., same with China, i dont think she should play in countries like that, it stands for everything shes against.

In Cairo, Egypt they arrest and beat you if your gay. They sent innocent gay men to jail for 5 years. You should research these places, they may sound exotic but theres alot of dark and ugly things going on. Same goes for alot of middle eastern countries.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/programmes/cros...nts/1858469.stm

also read this:

http://hrw.org/reports/2004/egypt0304/

Excuse me? Have you been to South Africa??? If youre EDUCATED you'd know the media always blow things up

way out of proportion and according to sensationalism. Its a country with problems, like every other.

She could really do a leg there... she has a lot of support in South Africa.

I rest my case -_-

Cuz she know she'd sell out in those countries. Remember there was one 3rd world eastern European country that resulted in TCT not being a sell out tour. :D

:electropop:

if you meant Czech Republic?... then it's not a 3rd world country!

gosh where's education!? :scared::dramatic:

it might be poorer than the general western European country (because of history) but it's catching up really quick and it's definitely NOT a 3rd world country... !!!

also she didn't sell out in Ireland with Re-Invention... and Ireland has one of the strongest economies in Europe at the moment... also a 3rd world country or what!?

it might be poorer than the general western European country (because of history) but it's catching up really quick and it's definitely NOT a 3rd world country... !!!

also she didn't sell out in Ireland with Re-Invention... and Ireland has one of the strongest economies in Europe at the moment... also a 3rd world country or what!?

This would have to be the first time that I agree with Zezwer. :dramatic:

The Czech Republic is NOT a 3rd world country. You should spend less time worrying about clothes and make up and get a grip on the real world.

Prague has quickly become one of the trendiest cities in Europe, and in terms of prices it's almost as expensive as say Paris, it's more expensive than Berlin, f.e.

As for CT in Prague ... I never got why it was reported the show wasn't sold out. I flew to Prague to see her after I couldn't go to A'dam and the crowd there was crazy + imo it was PACKED, oh and their arena is the best I've ever been too, it was opened 2004 and SHITS all over Bercy or Wembley.

India doesn't respect women

China is a disgrace over it's treatment of Tibet.

Yeah, but if she knew she could make the same knid of money there that she can in the US/Europe, she'd go there in a second. I doubt she'd be morally opposed to that.

She performed in Turkey in 93 - they're not that keen on Human Rights either, you know ...

The Czech Republic is NOT a 3rd world country. You should spend less time worrying about clothes and make up and get a grip on the real world.

Prague has quickly become one of the trendiest cities in Europe, and in terms of prices it's almost as expensive as say Paris, it's more expensive than Berlin, f.e.

As for CT in Prague ... I never got why it was reported the show wasn't sold out. I flew to Prague to see her after I couldn't go to A'dam and the crowd there was crazy + imo it was PACKED, oh and their arena is the best I've ever been too, it was opened 2004 and SHITS all over Bercy or Wembley.

I agree, I went too, Prague was FULL. The only tix you could buy were the odd 1 ticket sold in a local shop window! The crowd were crazy and M worked it!

Also the t-shirts and everything were half the price than in London. M wouldve knew about this before she travelled there, it didnt stop her.

oh my god.. seriously, do you mean that?

That's so sad.... :thumbsdown:

Yeah, but if she knew she could make the same knid of money there that she can in the US/Europe, she'd go there in a second. I doubt she'd be morally opposed to that.

She performed in Turkey in 93 - they're not that keen on Human Rights either, you know ...

Thats true Turkey has a horrible huma rights record, but she was there back in 93' , She already dissed Turkey by saying she wants to play in Kurdistan during Confessions,

oh my god.. seriously, do you mean that?

That's so sad.... :thumbsdown:

Yall bitches are too easy. Anyone here who knows how I post, knows that I'm kidding. :p

Madge is a money-hungry whore, it's true, but even she has the sense to take logistics into consideration.