Madonna: Sticky & Sweet Tour

FreeMySoul

Billed as the Sticky and Sweet tour, Madonna's trek in support of her current chart-topping Warner Bros. release "Hard Candy" -- which debuted atop the Billboard 200 yesterday -- will play stadiums in the U.K. and Europe until the end of September, arenas and a "handful" of stadiums in 16 markets in North America in October and November, and then stadiums in Mexico and South America late November-December.

Where is Australia? :confused:

I don't even live there and I would be upset if she didn't go Down Under. She really should...

Guest kramm

i didnt think it could get worse... but yeah.

do i REALLY want to spend $500 on this? good thing i'll be able to preview it beforehand.

YAAAAY :D But 500 for a ticket :? no way... I'll wait for dvd to came out :D

I alway say that too but then I realize she's the female equivalent of Elvis and I'll regret not seeing her live (at every opportunity I had) when she's finally dead.

yeah, I said I wasn't going to go to the CT tour, and I ended up going twice. The first time i was in the 350 section, lol. The bitch knows how to drain the money out of us, lol.

If Madonna was intending on coming to Australia why wouldn't she have made sure it was in the press release?

There's a glimmer of hope for Australians in that she didn't announce her Japan dates for the CT until *after* the main tour announcement, but it doesn't seem as though she's left herself much time to come to Australia before Christmas, given that she'll be performing in South America in December.

I'm keeping everything crossed that she comes to Australia, but even if she does, I'm almost certain that I won't get to see it, as I'll be in Italy for work for five weeks from early December to mid-January. In another stroke of bad luck, the break between her European and US legs coincides exactly with my holidays, so I can't even fly to see her somewhere else. :thumbsdown:

Still, it's very exciting news about the tour and I'm keeping my fingers crossed for my fellow Aussies!!! :thumbsup:

There's a glimmer of hope for Australians in that she didn't announce her Japan dates for the CT until *after* the main tour announcement, but it doesn't seem as though she's left herself much time to come to Australia before Christmas, given that she'll be performing in South America in December.

I'm keeping everything crossed that she comes to Australia, but even if she does, I'm almost certain that I won't get to see it, as I'll be in Italy for work for five weeks from early December to mid-January. In another stroke of bad luck, the break between her European and US legs coincides exactly with my holidays, so I can't even fly to see her somewhere else. :thumbsdown:

Still, it's very exciting news about the tour and I'm keeping my fingers crossed for my fellow Aussies!!! :thumbsup:

Yeah, I still think there is hope. After all, why do a tour in the fall if you're gonna leave out the Southern Hemisphere? Plus, only 27-odd show dates have been announced - that's only half of what she did for Confessions, so I bet there could be plenty more on the way.

Yeah, I still think there is hope. After all, why do a tour in the fall if you're gonna leave out the Southern Hemisphere? Plus, only 27-odd show dates have been announced - that's only half of what she did for Confessions, so I bet there could be plenty more on the way.

The Billboard article said that there would be around 60 shows, so there's scope for her to do multiple shows in several of the current cities (plus plenty more). NYC only has two shows listed, but she'll do 5-6 there for sure.

Guest bluejean

I'm sorry but the odds are she will leave Australia out. Yes she made promises, yes there was a "yes" from an Australian concert promoter. This happens everytime, its no surprise.

I am just going to accept its not happening. If it *does* happen it will be a nice surprise. It's not impossible but let's not get our hopes up like we always do.

Confessions was in ARENAS! A concert in a stadium is like 3 shows in an arena!!! Sometimes even 4 shows in an arena!

But since Australia has been so eager to see Madonna and we miss out continuosly miss out on seing her why wouldn't she make sure it was in the press release if she intended on coming down?? I have doubts about this..actions speak louder than words Madonna has broken promises before..

I'm sorry but the odds are she will leave Australia out. Yes she made promises, yes there was a "yes" from an Australian concert promoter. This happens everytime, its no surprise.

I am just going to accept its not happening. If it *does* happen it will be a nice surprise. It's not impossible but let's not get our hopes up like we always do.

I agree..I got my hopes up with Confessions I think most fans down here have given up on her coming back

Like I said in the other thread...

it's really lame on her behalf if she doesn't tour Australia this time around... they've always been supportive of her and they EARN to have a Madonna tour...

also as always she have a billion dates added for the country that disses her the most (US)... yet it looks like Australia will be left behind again!

Madonna, the world's tastiest sweetheart, has announced more non-stop treats for her legions of legendary and devoted fans. Following the latest news that "Hard Candy" has debuted at Number 1 around the globe, it has been confirmed that Madonna's "Sticky & Sweet Tour" will begin (hip) hopping around the world on August 23rd in Cardiff, Wales with stops in major European markets through September including London (11-September) and Paris (20-September).

The North American leg of the "Sticky & Sweet Tour" begins October 3rd at the Izod Center in East Rutherford, New Jersey, with stops at New York's Madison Square Garden on October 6th and 7th, followed by performances in Boston, Chicago, Los Angeles and more before stopping at Miami's Dolphin Stadium on November 26th.

Madonna's "Sticky & Sweet Tour" tour will also visit Mexico and South America later this year. (Show dates, and on sale information in these markets will follow at a later date.)

Confirmed today by Guy Oseary, Madonna's manager and Arthur Fogel, Live Nation's CEO Global Touring and Chairman Global Music, who is producing the tour, "Sticky & Sweet Tour" will play arenas and stadiums throughout Europe and North America including a number of cities where Madonna has not performed in the past fifteen years.

"Sticky & Sweet Tour" will be directed by Madonna's long time creative collaborator Jamie King. The musical director will be Kevin Antunes. The complete tour itinerary is listed below with additional cities and dates to be announced. For complete tour and ticket information, fans can visit: www.livenation.com and www.madonna.com.

"HARD CANDY," Madonna's 11th studio album for Warner Bros. Records debuted at number one in 27 countries around the world thus far, including the USA, JAPAN, FRANCE, UK, GERMANY, CANADA, ITALY, AUSTRALIA, THE NETHERLANDS, SOUTH AFRICA, SWEDEN, DENMARK, IRELAND, FINLAND, AUSTRIA, CHILE, SPAIN, MEXICO, HONG KONG, SINGAPORE, SLOVENIA, PORTUGAL, BELGIUM, BRAZIL, SWITZERLAND, ISRAEL and U.A.E. The album has received Four Stars in Rolling Stone, Blender and People Magazine with The NY Daily News hailing "HARD CANDY" as Madonna's greatest album ever. Madonna's current smash single "4 Minutes" was co-written and co-produced by Madonna, Timbaland and Justin Timberlake. "HARD CANDY" is the Number One most downloaded digital album in the U.S. and many other countries. Madonna's previous studio album "CONFESSIONS ON A DANCE FLOOR" sold over 8.5 million copies

Madonna and Live Nation entered into a revolutionary partnership last fall and her last three worldwide tours were produced by Live Nation.

A multi-Grammy award winner and recent inductee into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame, Madonna has long been known for groundbreaking multi-dimensional tours that consist of visual and audio extravaganzas with non-stop singing and breathtaking dancing. Madonna's last outing, 2006's acclaimed Confessions Tour played in 25 countries including Russia, reached a collective audience of over 1.3 million fans, and was the highest grossing concert tour of all time by a female artist.

Tickets for "Sticky & Sweet" will go on sale beginning Friday, May 16th in London, Paris, Cardiff and Nice followed by on sales Saturday, May 17th in Amsterdam, Boston and Chicago with E. Rutherford and New York City on sale Monday, May 19th. Tickets will range from .00 through 0 (5.00 in Las Vegas) offering a variety of excellent seats at all price levels. Additional on-sales vary and are listed below or available at www.livenation.com and www.madonna.com . There will be a 4 ticket limit per person at the arena performances and a 6 ticket per person limit for stadium events.

23-Aug Cardiff Millennium Stadium Fri. May 16

26-Aug Nice Stade Charles Ehrmann Fri. May 16

28-Aug Berlin Olympic Stadium Wed. May 21

02-Sept Amsterdam Arena Sat. May 17

04-Sept Dusseldorf LTU Arena Wed. May 21

06-Sept Rome Olympic Stadium Fri. May 23

09-Sept Frankfurt Commerzbank Arena Wed. May 21

11-Sept London Wembley Stadium Fri. May 16

20-Sept Paris Stade de France Fri. May 16

03-Oct E. Rutherford Izod Center Mon. May 19

06-Oct New York City Madison Square Garden Mon. May 19

07-Oct New York City Madison Square Garden Mon. May 19

15-Oct Boston TD BankNorth Garden Sat. May 17

18-Oct Toronto Air Canada Centre Sat. May 24

22-Oct Montreal Bell Centre Sat. May 24

26-Oct Chicago United Center Sat. May 17

30-Oct Vancouver BC Place Stadium Sat. May 24

01-Nov Oakland Oracle Arena Sun. June 1

04-Nov San Diego Petco Park Sun. June 1

06-Nov Los Angeles Dodger Stadium Sun. June 1

08-Nov Las Vegas MGM Grand Garden Arena Sat. May 31

11-Nov Denver Pepsi Center Sat. May 31

16-Nov Houston Minute Maid Park Sat. May 31

19-Nov Philadelphia Wachovia Center Mon. June 2

22-Nov Atlantic City Boardwalk Hall Mon. June 2

24-Nov Atlanta Philips Arena Sat. M

26-Nov Miami Dolphin Stadium Sat. May 31

Like I said in the other thread...

it's really lame on her behalf if she doesn't tour Australia this time around... they've always been supportive of her and they EARN to have a Madonna tour...

also as always she have a billion dates added for the country that disses her the most (US)... yet it looks like Australia will be left behind again!

This is what I said last time but I was criticised for saying it..Does Madonna really deserve a #1 album and single in Australia if she can't tour here?? I didn't buy the album because I wanted to see if she'd come back..

This is what I said last time but I was criticised for saying it..Does Madonna really deserve a #1 album and single in Australia if she can't tour here?? I didn't buy the album because I wanted to see if she'd come back..

Well... I usually think that Madonna deserve it because her music deserve it...

but dissing Australia all these years, a major market that always have been supportive... I wonder if she as a person deserve it.

Guest 3po
Does Madonna really deserve a #1 album and single in Australia if she can't tour here?? I didn't buy the album because I wanted to see if she'd come back...

:dramatic:

Will you boycott it? Burn it in the streets, that's what I always say :thumbsup:

The thing that sucks is we always have to wait to see if she announces Aussie dates while the shows we could attend by flying to either Japan or the USA sell out.

:dramatic:

Will you boycott it? Burn it in the streets, that's what I always say :thumbsup:

I just wanted to see if Madonna would actually come back...I would hardly go burning anything in the streets over it..Madonna even apologised to us over not coming down for the Confessions tour which says it all

Madonna owes nothing to no one. Would it be great to see her in Australia? Of course it would be! Does she owe us a tour just because we buy her music? Absolutely not. You buy Madonna's music because you like it, not because you expect her to perform it live for you.

I'm sorry you haven't bought HC, mad_on_her - but denying yourself the pleasure of enjoying her music just because you think she won't tour is like cutting your nose off to spite your face. As I said, she owes us nothing. If you like her music, buy it. If you don't, don't. It really is as simple as that :)

In any case, even if she does tour Australia, what about all of the cities that she skips? Should everyone in those cities stop buying her music, just because she's not coming to play live for them? Should people who live in cities worldwide that she doesn't play also boycott her music? If anyone agrees, then they have a rather short sighted view of the world.... :(

There's always the possibility that she'll take a three week break over Christmas after South America, then continue the tour in January in Japan and Australia.