Madonna: Sticky & Sweet Tour

FreeMySoul

not according to Alexz Jay's supposed Billboard list :wacko:

It's not *my* list you twat. Get a life.

Guest dicktracy

I'm Brazilian and Madonna would never play in Fortaleza and forgo Sao Paulo; and there is no such thing as Pueblo Stadium (that's Spanish not Portuguese) anywhere in the country or Maradona Stadium in Argentina. Must be fake.

Read on one of my myspace friend's bulletin that these are some of the cities that will be announced...

Just a few cities to throw out there for you till you get the full announcement...

TORONTO

MONTREAL

VANCOUVER

HOUSTON

DENVER

I sure hope it's true, I would love for Madonna to come to Houston! I can spend all my money on the ticket instead of making travel arrangements. You guys that bitch and moan about her playing in your city don't know what we have to struggle.

I am praying she goes to Texas. I don't think I could afford a trip to another state plus the rest of the expenses. Houston would be so fucking nice, just a 4 hour drive south!

Guest dicktracy

Saturday, April 26, 2008

[Rumours] French press says Madonna will launch her Hard Candy World Tour in Nice

A few French newspaper this morning reports that Madonna will probably start her new world tour in Nice, where she performed with the Blond Ambition Tour and the Who's That Girl Tour. At least 54,000 are expected in the Charles Ehrmann Stadium for Madonna.

Then Madonna will perform at London Wembley Stadium on September 11 and 13, and then at Paris Stade de France on September 20.

According to the newspapers, the Hard Candy Tour will be announced on May 6th or 7th, and then tickets will go on sale around May 15th. Then, Madonna will go at the Cannes Festival on May 21th, and then she will fly to Cardiff to rehearse the world tour.

French press also says that Madonna was supposed to make rehearsals in Nice from the end of May, right after the Cannes Films Festival, but for technical reasons, she’ll rehearse the tour in Cardiff.

Guest boytoyville

Looks like she is going to be tapping into some markets she hasn't been to in some time such as Denver,Houston,Vancover, and Nice etc...which is good since she has toured in a lot of the same places the last 3 tours and the demand might not be as high in those markets as a result. Plus she can spread the Madonna frenzy to other parts of the country/world and expand the strength pf her "brand". Glad she is going on tour. It should stablize album sales for awhile also given she the setlist is bound to be Hard Candy heavy!

I am praying she goes to Texas. I don't think I could afford a trip to another state plus the rest of the expenses. Houston would be so fucking nice, just a 4 hour drive south!

you an me both sister! :dramatic: if this really does happen I will buy tickets for both shows.

Guest Topaz Scorpio

Oh, why now? I want to buy new furniture. :tongue:

Guess it's good I just got a raise and a new credit card with a much higher limit. :lol:

Hahaha. If she goes to Texas it looks like I'm gonna have to have TWO homecomings. One for Brave Trent and the other for VADGE...

But, you live in Florida, no? Why travel to el culo del mundo?

Guest bedtimestorynyc

oh i already forgot about a new dresser for my room :( :( and a shelving unit. i'm trying to pay off my credit card, i mean i still have enough credit to buy shit, but when am i gonna pay off my debt that i already have??? :( :( what to do, what to do??? :nervous:

oh i already forgot about a new dresser for my room :( :( and a shelving unit. i'm trying to pay off my credit card, i mean i still have enough credit to buy shit, but when am i gonna pay off my debt that i already have??? :( :( what to do, what to do??? :nervous:

Rebate check!!! WOOO MADONNA :headbang:

This is the real deal folks. This was just posted on Billboard's website. I hope she extends the tour to include Australia. Those poor Australian fans have been waiting for her return for a long time now.

Madonna Announces Summer Tour

Madonna's upcoming tour will begin Aug. 23 in Cardiff, Wales, and will include between 50-60 shows total, Billboard.com has learned. Details of the tour, produced globally by Live Nation, will be announced later today (May 8).

Billed as the Sticky and Sweet tour, Madonna's trek in support of her current chart-topping Warner Bros. release "Hard Candy" -- which debuted atop the Billboard 200 yesterday -- will play stadiums in the U.K. and Europe until the end of September, arenas and a "handful" of stadiums in 16 markets in North America in October and November, and then stadiums in Mexico and South America late November-December.

"I'm thrilled to be involved in another worldwide Madonna extravaganza," Arthur Fogel, chairman of global music for Live Nation, tells Billboard.com. Fogel has helmed Madonna's last three world tours, which grossed almost $400 million combined. Her 2006 Confessions tour is, at $194 million, the top-grossing tour ever by a female artist.

The upcoming tour is the first major manifestation of the multi-faceted

10-year deal between Madonna and Live Nation, valued in published reports at $120 million.

"The reality is she's delivered her last album to Warner Bros., and it's a smash, which is great for everybody," Fogel says. "We now have a tremendous opportunity with a tremendous artist to do all kinds of new and innovative things on many different levels, and this tour will be the start of that rollout."

The tour follows a familiar Madonna touring blueprint in that it visits a limited number of markets in a four-month time frame, with multi-night stands in major cities. Ticket on-sale details will be announced today, along with a presale through Live Nation's corporate sponsorship partner Citi. Fogel says ticket prices will be "basically the same as they've been the past two tours," which means primarily in the $55-$350 range.

http://www.billboard.com/bbcom/news/articl...t_id=1003800612

I love living debt-free and having lots of disposable income. :queenbitch: Haha I sound like AndreasK (for those of you who remember him).

That Mariah animation is just sad. I truly think she should get more therapy. And the quickie wedding (with the "Mrs. Cannon tattoo after 2 weeks of meeting) just reinforces my belief.

Anyway, back to Madge. I plan on catching 2 shows. I always see 2.

Read on one of my myspace friend's bulletin that these are some of the cities that will be announced...

Just a few cities to throw out there for you till you get the full announcement...

TORONTO

MONTREAL

VANCOUVER

HOUSTON

DENVER

I sure hope it's true, I would love for Madonna to come to Houston! I can spend all my money on the ticket instead of making travel arrangements. You guys that bitch and moan about her playing in your city don't know what we have to struggle.

Denver? ?? I will die it would never happen she never toured Colorado ever.

Guest bedtimestorynyc

so "sticky and sweet tour" is a confirmed title or just working title????? :scared:

stupid stupid name

WHY DOES WIKIPEDIA HAVE DIFFERENT DATES?!?!?

September 11, 2008 London England Wembley Arena

September 20, 2008 Paris France Stade de France

North America

Date City Country Venue

October 3, 2008 East Rutherford United States Izod Center

October 6, 2008 New York City United States Madison Square Garden

October 7, 2008 New York City United States Madison Square Garden

October 15, 2008 Boston United States TD Banknorth Garden

October 18, 2008 Toronto Canada Air Canada Center

October 22, 2008 Montreal Canada Bell Centre

October 30, 2008 Vancouver Canada BC Place Stadium

November 1, 2008 Oakland United States Oracle Arena

November 5, 2008 San Diego United States Petco Park

November 6, 2008 Los Angeles United States Dodger Stadium

November 8, 2008 Las Vegas United States MGM Grand

November 11, 2008 Denver United States Pepsi Center

November 16, 2008 Houston United States Minute Maid Park

November 19, 2008 Philadelphia United States Wachovia Center

November 22, 2008 Atlantic City United States Boardwalk Hall

November 24, 2008 Atlanta United States Philips Arena

November 26, 2008 Miami United States Dolphins Stadium

Madonna Announces Summer Tour

Madonna

RELATED:

Madonna Leads Busy Billboard 200 With 7th No. 1

Madonna's 'Hard Candy' Is No. 1 In U.K.

Madonna Fetes 'Hard Candy' With Free NYC Show

Madonna Confirms Deal With Live Nation

May 08, 2008, 12:00 AM ET

Ray Waddell

Madonna's upcoming tour will begin Aug. 23 in Cardiff, Wales, and will include between 50-60 shows total, Billboard.com has learned. Details of the tour, produced globally by Live Nation, will be announced later today (May 8).

Billed as the Sticky and Sweet tour, Madonna's trek in support of her current chart-topping Warner Bros. release "Hard Candy" -- which debuted atop the Billboard 200 yesterday -- will play stadiums in the U.K. and Europe until the end of September, arenas and a "handful" of stadiums in 16 markets in North America in October and November, and then stadiums in Mexico and South America late November-December.

"I'm thrilled to be involved in another worldwide Madonna extravaganza," Arthur Fogel, chairman of global music for Live Nation, tells Billboard.com. Fogel has helmed Madonna's last three world tours, which grossed almost $400 million combined. Her 2006 Confessions tour is, at $194 million, the top-grossing tour ever by a female artist.

The upcoming tour is the first major manifestation of the multi-faceted

10-year deal between Madonna and Live Nation, valued in published reports at $120 million.

"The reality is she's delivered her last album to Warner Bros., and it's a smash, which is great for everybody," Fogel says. "We now have a tremendous opportunity with a tremendous artist to do all kinds of new and innovative things on many different levels, and this tour will be the start of that rollout."

The tour follows a familiar Madonna touring blueprint in that it visits a limited number of markets in a four-month time frame, with multi-night stands in major cities. Ticket on-sale details will be announced today, along with a presale through Live Nation's corporate sponsorship partner Citi. Fogel says ticket prices will be "basically the same as they've been the past two tours," which means primarily in the $55-$350 range.