Give It To Me Chart Challenge: Week 1

Guest Bad Robot

Guest Bad Robot

Give it to Me will likely debut on the Hot 100 this week thanks to the success of the remix on iTunes. I figured I may as well do a chart challenge for this one as well, it may be fun since it's such a wild card this week. Since airplay is so low, just guess on sales and Hot 100 position.

Entries due by 11:59 PM EDT Sunday!

OMG! Could that mean that Give It 2 Me could already outpeak Sorry, and it hasnt even been properly released yet!? :lol: Didnt Sorry peak in the 60s? :lol:

Guest Bad Robot

Yeah I'm pretty certain GI2M will outpeak Sorry. I think Sorry hit #58. Its peak sales were around 17k, which GI2M will undoubtedly pass next week.

Guest Bad Robot
Will this be its peak sales week ever?

Probably not. Only if it absolutely flops at radio.

But it will undoubtedly plummet in sales next week.

With virtually no airplay, I don't think it will debut inside the top 40 (or top 50). Paula/Randy peaked in the 60s, with sales of 35,000 or so?

No matter what happens this week, it very wekk could collapse the following week and then return once it's pushed.

Guest marsha
With virtually no airplay, I don't think it will debut inside the top 40 (or top 50). Paula/Randy peaked in the 60s, with sales of 35,000 or so?

No matter what happens this week, it very wekk could collapse the following week and then return once it's pushed.

O really? so I change my mind

Sales: 43K

H100: 54

Peak: what a question? #1 late june, after amazing performance on MTV Movie Awards, interview with Oprah.

-updated-

Some Hot 100 debuts earlier in the year, primarily from digital sales:

Michael Jackson/Akon, Wanna Be Startin' Somethin' 2008: No. 81 (No. 47 digital, 27,000 sales)

Aly & AJ, Like Whoa: No. 72 (No. 28 digital, 39,439 sales)

Natasha Bedingfield, Pocketful of Sunshine: No. 65 (No. 24 digital, 42,418 sales)

Jack Johnson, If I Had Eyes: No. 71 (No. 35 digital, 28,669 sales)

Amy Winehouse, You Know I'm No Good: re-entered No. 77 (No. 46 digital, 28,426 sales)

Celine Dion/Josh Groban: The Prayer: No. 70 (No. 32 digital, 37,531 sales)

Paula Abdul/Randy Jackson, Dance Like There's No Tomorrow: No. 80 (No. 36 digital, 32,215)

Fall Out Boy, Beat It: No. 22 (No. 11 digital, 87,6543 sales)

And so on. With the 4/26 chart, we saw those Idol Gives Back tracks debut, as well- Daughtry at No. 18, with sales of 86,074; Carrie Underwood was No. 10 digital, with 65,635 sales, and she debuted at No. 27; Idols' "Shout to the Lord" debuted at No. 42 on sales of 55,745 (No. 15 digital); and Annie Lennox came in at No. 80, on sales of 29,159 (No. 39 digital). Also, that same week- Leona Lewis' "Better in Time" entered at No. 62, with sales of 40,044 (No. 24 digital)

Guest Bad Robot

Woo then I'm gonna be way off with my Hot 100 #38 guess. I'd revise to #58 but it's too late now for me. :)

WB and madonna need to strike now with GI2M. this song could be HOT!

don't bet on GI2M to serviced just yet, Digital Sales are showing no signs of huge declines and airplay is still growing albeit slowly for 4M....

it is really amazing how MADONNA can still compete with LEONA and NATASHA in Digital downloads...

Those two had AMERICAN IDOL to back them up... while 4 MINUTES had nothing, and yet 4M is still up there... wow...

pity it didn't have the same magnitude of a promo that could've made it more massive