Hard Candy SoundScan/Billboard 200 Discussion

thebigham

i think the real problem is madonna not properly promoting the album. the album is not flopping at all. if you look at "relative" sales of even "ray of light" or "music" in their chart time, they werent doing much better than "hard candy" at all. their sales were ridiculous compared to albums of shania twain or celine dion etc.

but i can understand some of us being angry, because we all know it could do better with a little more effort to promote.

Seriously. And even if the album continues to drop, drop, drop- who cares. I like the album well enough, don't need it to be some BIG seller to keep enjoying it.

Sorry for the other thread HG.

I am just tired of waiting for a hit album

Im not being dramatic...

I had high hopes with this one...only because US radio gave her a shot.

NOW, I realize ...hit or not- she cant have a hit album

And Im disappointed...and I truly give up waiting for a Massive CD from Her.

Stick a fork in me IM DONE!

^So you are a Madonna fan only because of her album sales???Goodbye.

Enjoy the f*cking music!!

TBH:

You should know me by now. And thats not a fair assessment.

I love M ...I am merely exhausted of the hope...

M herself admitted she loves to have # 1 albums...That does not make a person less of a fan if we want to see her excel on the charts.

Hense, we have a "chart thread"

Not just that- but, 4M is not a typical Madonna track, because of the inclusion of Justin Timberlake. So, the track's success really isn't a reflection of how well a Madonna album will perform.

Not just that- but, 4M is not a typical Madonna track, because of the inclusion of Justin Timberlake. So, the track's success really isn't a reflection of how well a Madonna album will perform.

Nevertheless,

I am sorry for offending you with the last thread.

I love ya!

You've said this very same thing 103 times already. WE ALL KNOW THE FUCKING MARKET IS DOWN. That doesn't mean Madonna isn't underperforming.

Yeah well I will stop once people stop popping blood vessles.

I wasn't offended, just tired. :)

Also, there's Timbaland in the mix, too- so a definite non-typical Madonna single.

Madonna may not end up having a solid hit album, but, she still commands pretty good openings- whether they hold up in the long run...

Yeah well I will stop once people stop popping blood vessles.

It's just so weird that you [and others] are so harsh on other artists' flops but when Madonna starts to flop the market is down. It's certainly not coherent.

Rhianna's Good Girl Gone Bad was released on 6/5/2007....

billboard singles...

Umbrella #1

Shut Up and Drive #15

Hate That I Love You #7

Break It Off #9

Don't Stop The Music # 8

Take A Bow #1

she's performed on numerous talk shows and award shows throughout the past year, won many awards,made non stop videos for the songs, huge airplay support, tv commercials etc. The end result.......

1,204,584 copies sold. Pretty lousy # considering all of the promo she's done. HC has already sold more than 1/3 of that it 3 weeks. Bottom line, constant promotion doesn't = massive album sales. DEAL W/IT!!!!

It's just so weird that you [and others] are so harsh on other artists' flops but when Madonna starts to flop the market is down. It's certainly not coherent.

Alex:

I so agree.

And if we say something about HC flopping or underperforming...

we get bashed...and were accused of NOT being fans...

I just find it dumb to make any kind of stance either way about it at this point. Give the album two more months and give Give It 2 Me a chance until we start deciding its a flop or not. Look what happened with Pink and how long it took her album to kick back up the charts. Anything can happen at this point.

P!nk's lead single wasn't as big as Madge's and she was coming from a flop album.

"Don't Stop the Music" peaked at No. 3. She has an album reissue coming, too (if it already hasn't been released).

Just 247K or so to go for HC to get to AL's tally! :) Will take some time, if it's gonna do it.

Talk about missing my point.

I know what's your point but it's still irrelevant as Madonna's and P!nk's situations are TOTALLY DIFFERENT.

I know what's your point but it's still irrelevant as Madonna's and P!nk's situations are TOTALLY DIFFERENT.

Well my point is that ANYTHING can happen. None of us have a goddamn crytstal ball. People just need to sit back and relax and stop acting like its doomsday. And to bring up Moo Cow Carey, the bitch did 10xs the amount of promo as Madonna and had a double size radio hit over Madonna's and she is still seeing huge percentage drops every week.

i think the real problem is madonna not properly promoting the album. the album is not flopping at all. if you look at "relative" sales of even "ray of light" or "music" in their chart time, they werent doing much better than "hard candy" at all. their sales were ridiculous compared to albums of shania twain or celine dion etc.

but i can understand some of us being angry, because we all know it could do better with a little more effort to promote.

My thoughts exactly! :thumbsup:

"Don't Stop the Music" peaked at No. 3. She has an album reissue coming, too (if it already hasn't been released).

Just 247K or so to go for HC to get to AL's tally! :) Will take some time, if it's gonna do it.

thanks HG. i was looking at the ringtone peak which was # 8

the real problem is that some people refuse to accept the fact that as a 50 year old woman and mother of 3 she's not going to do constant promotion that she used to do. she has more important things to worry about now than wheither some of her fans think she's a lazy ass bitch because she doesn't do what THEY WANT OR THINK she should do promotion-wise! If a person can't be happy that her album went to #1 and that her latest single is the biggest hit she's had in years then thats their problem, not hers!

the real problem is that some people refuse to accept the fact that as a 50 year old woman and mother of 3 she's not going to do constant promotion that she used to do. she has more important things to worry about now than wheither some of her fans think she's a lazy ass bitch because she doesn't do what THEY WANT OR THINK she should do promotion-wise! If a person can't be happy that her album went to #1 and that her latest single is the biggest hit she's had in years then thats their problem, not hers!

you are right we have to respect her choices. but also that 50 year old woman shouldnt have made a huge contract with LIVE NATION for 10 years if she was going to be reluctant about her musical career.

you are right we have to respect her choices. but also that 50 year old woman shouldnt have made a huge contract with LIVE NATION for 10 years if she was going to be reluctant about her musical career.

live nation will be well rewarded just from her tours alone!

live nation will be well rewarded just from her tours alone!

So the theory is that she doesn't promote her album because she has other things to do such as family but will go on tour for months. Something is not right with the theory.

So the theory is that she doesn't promote her album because she has other things to do such as family but will go on tour for months. Something is not right with the theory.

yep! thats the theory!